Morocco discussion

+3 gold +1 culture sounds really powerful in the beginning of the game, but pretty poor at the end of the game.

+3 gold +1 culture sounds really powerful in the beginning of the game, but pretty poor at the end of the game.

By late game, you're probably going to have a lot of trade routes as well as buildings like markets and banks that'll modify the amount of gold received from trade so it should scale up appropriately even in late-game.

Morocco will be great for turtleing, just build lots of kasbahs and berber cavalry to defend your land and let the money roll in from your trade routes.

The Berb-Cav (not to be confused with Beib-Cav, made up of teenaged girls) should be pretty nice for taking other civs that have settled in deserts.

The Berb-Cav (not to be confused with Beib-Cav, made up of teenaged girls) should be pretty nice for taking other civs that have settled in deserts.

All your desert are belong to us! :assimilate:
Getting a Petra city this way should totally be an achievement! :lol:

Luckily, the early game is what really matters for most people.

Yeah, I think Morocco might be my most interesting civ to play with from the new ones we know. I do hope I'll start next to a good amount of City States when playing as them - I'd rather have them have the +2 gold then rival civs.
Their improvement is interesting. I wonder at what point in the tech tree it comes though. Seems doubtful you can do such at the beginning of the game. Same time as Forts?
Their UU however doesn't interest me terribly much. Oh, it'll be good, but nothing too great, I'd think. Have to see how big the bonus is first.

The Kasbah comes at Chivalry. It was on the tech tree provided by Zac Minor.

I can't actually understand where the symbol for Morocco comes from - this is the closest I could get, but the colors are wrong (undestandable, those would be Persia's), and even the star is different... :confused: That is even a better star than the one on the symbol... Is there any connection between Morocco and the five-pointed start?

EDIT:
D'oh! Ok, that makes more sense - not sure why I wasn't finding it though! :lol:
Still kinda weird color scheme for Morroco, I don't enjoy it at all... :sad: It looks horrible on the map, and the letters are hard to read.
Well, glad Ethiopia and Morocco got the Red on Dark Green and Dark Green on Red schemes, it left Portugal with a far prettier one! :p

There is also a good possibility that Kasbah gets an extra bonus from techs later in the tree.

Up till now all the other UI's had this, and I dont see why the Kasbah would be the exception.

Also it isnt an insane bonus, its strong, but it still only makes your desert tiles from useless into unimproved plain tiles.

The UA seems quite strong though, and the UU has potential. Though using cavalry for defensive purposes seems a bit counterproductive.

There is also a good possibility that Kasbah gets an extra bonus from techs later in the tree.

Doesn't happen as far as I've seen while writing my preview, and i researched up to future techs.

tell us more secrets! Like why Theater got removed?

I honestly don't have the slightest idea :D playing the preview code doesn't give you much insight on why some choices have been made.

Maybe the global happyness bonus was considered overpowered?

Doesn't happen as far as I've seen while writing my preview, and i researched up to future techs.

It might be interwoven with Economics or Fertilizer?

The amount of tooltips and benefits in those 2 research techs can be quite easily overlooked.

I already know the first thing I'll try out on my first BNW game. Simillar to an idea I had when Sweden came out on GnK.

Morocco gets +3 gold +1 culture per trade route, and gives 2 away.

Huge map. 22 Moroccos. Nuff said.

(if it wasn't nuff' said please ask me to explain it.)

what if Morrocco will not have any deserts in their territory, it will be a doomed civ?

Top Bottom