Tomatekh's New Civilizations

For some reason all the sudden updating unrelated mods has made all these civs not work with IV Traits (or at the very least made the icons no longer appear after the names). Might have something to do with tags? Support is entirely external, I've found.

will the Sioux keep their UA?(the recent patch adds a buffalo resource)

For some reason all the sudden updating unrelated mods has made all these civs not work with IV Traits (or at the very least made the icons no longer appear after the names). Might have something to do with tags? Support is entirely external, I've found.

Hmm, only one of my civs has internal support for Civ IV traits as Bingles included support for the rest in the Civ IV traits mod itself. Did your updates break the compatibility for just my civ mods or for all the civ mods supported within the Civ IV traits mod? I could always add a few lines within my civs as backup to ensure they work, but I don't know when I would have time to go through and update all of them.

The Sioux mod has already been updated to accommodate the recent patch. Their UA remained largely the same except Bison are displayed as Wild Bison in Sioux territory (to help distinguish that it functions differently).

The Sioux have already been updated to account for Bison. They convert existing Bison to their special roaming Bison. These bison have greater yields, and can claim territory, but cannot be improved.

Hmm, only one of my civs has internal support for Civ IV traits as Bingles included support for the rest in the Civ IV traits mod itself. Did your updates break the compatibility for just my civ mods or for all the civ mods supported within the Civ IV traits mod? I could always add a few lines within my civs as backup to ensure they work, but I don't know when I would have time to go through and update all of them.

Ah yes, it does appear to be all the ones supported within the mod itself. Very strange...I will have to peer around.

E: ...Apparently it has something to do with Piety and Prestige, weirdly. o.o

Ah yes, it does appear to be all the ones supported within the mod itself. Very strange...I will have to peer around.

E: ...Apparently it has something to do with Piety and Prestige, weirdly. o.o

Do you have logging enabled? If it's due to a conflict with a table or tag or something, it might show up in the database log.

Since this thread seems to be active today...

Any updates on new civs?

I have some stuff more or less fully coded and I just need some art assets before they're ready for release.

I could post a beta like I did with Champa, but it took me like 4-5 months from posting the Champa beta before I could officially release it and I don't really want to do that again. I don't really like posting teasers for the same reason. I don't exactly keep the fastest release schedule and I would rather just post projects when they're finished than post something and not be ready to release it for months.

I will say, if something I posted a while back has been taking longer than expected to release, it's likely because the project has gotten bigger than I originally described...

The Sioux have already been updated to account for Bison. They convert existing Bison to their special roaming Bison. These bison have greater yields, and can claim territory, but cannot be improved.

If the response was as fast where i had more serious problems....:p:p:p
I would suggest that the Sioux will get extra yields from pastures, i think it can be really cool.
And hows Caral going?

Caral is nearing release. Its mostly fully coded, just needing some art assets.

"Bigger", huh?
Is that a multi modder civ pack?;););)

Happy New Year, everyone!

In answer to the previous question, no, I did not have a last minute surprise release planned before the new year (though, I did manage to sneak in a Historical Religions update). I know, I technically haven't released a civ since the Sioux (on July 4th!), but everything is far along in development, so hopefully they'll be ready sometime early this year.

In the meantime, we should congratulate all the other great modders who've provided us with fantastic civs this past year. Looking back at some of the original Civ V, G&K, and BNW mods, its really amazing how much everyone's skills have grown and I've personally enjoyed playing all the great mods you guys have provided.

Also, a personal thanks to everyone who has helped my own mods in some way (this past year or otherwise): Leugi, Jan, JFD, Sukritact, Regalman, Vieregel, Pouakai, Reedstilt, Lastsword, FramedArchitect, Ekmek, Whoward, TPangolin, anyone I've forgotten (not intentional, I promise). My civs would be a shadow of themselves without your help!

What is your next planned civ?

Well, either I need to add more NA civs into my games or the Sioux are OP. I've attached a link to several screenshots of a 60 civ game session on standard speed, prince difficulty starting from Ancient Era.

http://imgur.com/a/Pbslr

Thanks for the feedback!

The thing is, the Sioux are set to expand like crazy (flavor of 10, I believe). Expansion is the main play style which really suits the AI (and all the AI happiness, etc. bonuses allow them to do it much more proficiently than a human player). If you look at the mini-map of the first image, the Sioux have at least 10 more cities than any other civ. However, the Sioux also don't get any innate happiness or settler production bonuses to boost this. While their abilities are designed around quickly beefing up a newly founded city, how well the AI actually uses this design is questionable, so I feel it's more a combination of a high expansion flavor and the bonuses the AI naturally get than something specifically stemming from the civ. Of course, less American civs highlights the issue as the Sioux have more land to freely settle into. (Including the Shoshone might help as they start near the Sioux while also expanding a lot and naturally claiming bonus tiles. I believe Col Leg's Cree and Blackfoot civs also have YnAEMP starts near the Sioux, which would give them less places to settle uninhibited).

IDK, I doubt if a human player could play the civ the same way so easily. In my own tests (using just a random map and standard settings), the end results usually end up more balanced (or at least the Sioux were no more runaway than the other super expansion hungry civs). I might run a test game similar to your setup but give the Sioux YnAEMP coordinates to start in the middle of Europe, and see how much that affects the outcome.

It's something I continue to watch, but haven't decided if I'm going to change at the moment.

Pardon if I give a little help?

I got some audio files for Mali to test, but I am having trouble testing them. I wonder if you could see if they work with Mansa Musa's LH.

Thanks.

Attachments

• MansaMusaSoundFiles.zip
    97.4 KB · Views: 131
Is that... Bambara voice acting? Out of all the civs that could have had voice acting, I never expected Mali to actually get their proper voiceset.

That's really, really awesome news, if it can be pulled off I mean.

Top Bottom