Modern Unit Graphics

Great units. I don't know if there is already a picture for the TOS 1 Buratino. I'd like to have one - if someone has got the time to do it.

I have a version which I'll post with a compilation of post-war Russian artillery and SAMs when I've completed it

Thanks gents. I will be dusting off ToT and trying out this new-fangled TOTPP thingy when Tootal has his Vietnam scenario ready and Drew has a release of Spanish Civil War. Can't wait :)

I seem to go through phases of being completely addicted to Civ2 or Football Manager (my FC Metz team lifted the Europa League in the 2017/18 season :D) but I find it difficult to devote attention to both simultaneously. The only way I can work on Civ2 is to be totally focussed (almost obsessively) and have no other distractions. Thankfully I'm pretty picky about which teams I play as (mostly Metz, sometimes Royal Antwerp and occasionally Eintracht Frankfurt) and once I have caned the version I tend to drop it. I'm currently into the fifth season of a five year plan but have a new stadium being completed at the end of this season and want to at least give it a season or two before all the real world players start retiring and it's full of fictional players. I'm hoping this game ending will coincide with the completion of the building work and I can then throw myself back into ToT fully.

ToTPP really is worth downloading. There are so many excellent new features, its very similar to the MGE to ToT upgrade in terms of added possibilities.

McMonkey, out of pure curiosity, how extensive is the scope of this Football Manager game.?Because my Rwandan-Canadian friend looks up a Rwandan Newspaper called the New Times from time to time on my computer (as he currently has no Internet access), and I notice mention of a whole league of European Football solely within Rwanda with teams named things like ARP, a Kinyrwanda word I can't quite remember that he tells me translates as 'wasps,' and a Police team, among a few others. And then there's an Africa-wide Cup of Nations. Now, I'm not sure if any current such simulator has the scope to cover that much territory, but, given some games (like the MMO Eve) have scary amounts of vast scope, you just never know these days...

I seem to go through phases of being completely addicted to Civ2 or Football Manager (my FC Metz team lifted the Europa League in the 2017/18 season :D) but I find it difficult to devote attention to both simultaneously. The only way I can work on Civ2 is to be totally focussed (almost obsessively) and have no other distractions. Thankfully I'm pretty picky about which teams I play as (mostly Metz, sometimes Royal Antwerp and occasionally Eintracht Frankfurt) and once I have caned the version I tend to drop it. I'm currently into the fifth season of a five year plan but have a new stadium being completed at the end of this season and want to at least give it a season or two before all the real world players start retiring and it's full of fictional players. I'm hoping this game ending will coincide with the completion of the building work and I can then throw myself back into ToT fully.

ToTPP really is worth downloading. There are so many excellent new features, its very similar to the MGE to ToT upgrade in terms of added possibilities.

Mate, I can relate. I can't remember how many seasons it took me to finally get a Premier League win for Altrincham in Championship Manager. Those games need an addicton health warning :lol:

I have successfully resisted the lure of Footy Manager since; must...stay...strong :crazyeye:

Apologies to Tanelorn for these :)

All the hard work making these is his - I just repainted them a bit for Vietnam service (plus a modern Aussie F-111)

@tootall: pls check your PMs ;)

Attachments

• tanelorn Nam jets.png
    tanelorn Nam jets.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 934
I appreciate all the work you put in to these (which is a lot and I can tell).
Thanks, Gareth. These look so much better now! :thumbsup:
p.s. your sig is missing.

I appreciate all the work you put in to these (which is a lot and I can tell).
Thanks, Gareth. These look so much better now! :thumbsup:
p.s. your sig is missing.

Thanks Timoleon - and I don't want to claim credit for the original aircraft so hence no sig :)

:goodjob:
I am thinking that the units should reflect any changes to the original. I do not think it detract from the author. Fairline, you are definitely the author more changed for years. That's for your great quality. :cooool:

I added a new scenario -Cold War crisis- with new graphics. If you confirm me that you will not modify any unit more and I send to downloads.

Hi Fairline,

I received your PM and responded to you. Please let me know if you successfully received my graphic files.

Tootall.

Reply sent Tootall :)

Here's the ARVN 1st Division and US 11th ACAV Regt patches:

@ gapetit: I have a few bits and pieces which might be useful (one thing is the shadow on Tanelorn's F-111 which I mistakenly left with unswept wings). I'll get them together in ToT format and post.

Attachments

• vietnam flotsam and jetsom.png
    vietnam flotsam and jetsom.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 875
I've had these sitting round for a while so I've made them up in ToT format:

The bewildering array of late 20th - early 21st Century US camo uniforms. They seem to have settled on Multicam uniforms for the future:

Similar collection for the Brits, with a version of multicam (MTP) now in use making them look very similar to US troops now:

Attachments

• fairline modern US infantry.png
    fairline modern US infantry.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 925
  • fairline modern Brit infantry.png
    fairline modern Brit infantry.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 823
First off, Fairline absolutely excellent work.

One minor concern though. Though in the early OIF's, the US Army when they moved over to ACU, had some tan colored equipment, or in some cases still in BDU, but your 2005 ACU equipped soldiers, should be wearing ACU Pattern IBA's.

Very nice, especially the new poses and weapons. :goodjob:
Small sidenote, which is not a big deal, the colour choices for the woodland camo match the earlier Vietnam era ERDL and lack the prominent black elements, see:
ERDL
Woodland
Pə'teɪtəʊ - "potahto", I know...

Thanks for the feedback T - I didn't realise that woodland was scaled up ERDL; I'd thought they were more or less identical.

Here's a quickie attempt to make the individual patches of colour larger and make the black splodges more noticeable. Maybe too much contrast for my taste now, see what you think

Attachments

• fairline modern US infantry alt woodland.png
    fairline modern US infantry alt woodland.png
    48.1 KB · Views: 838
Well, Techunseh, there's a 'chocopedia,' (or at least there was) dedicated to chocolate and it's history, making, and makers, so why not a 'camopedia.' ;)

Top Bottom