[MOD] Age of Discovery II

My guess is your playing a custom sen game correct? yeah... it's missing that button and AI doesn't build period... they just sorta explore, I believe the custom made patch fixes this... but I'm not sure if one can intermingle two things into one... well not unless you were good with files and such

My guess is your playing a custom sen game correct? yeah... it's missing that button and AI doesn't build period... they just sorta explore, I believe the custom made patch fixes this... but I'm not sure if one can intermingle two things into one... well not unless you were good with files and such

I'm testing a new version with lots of new features from PatchMod.

There's a Scotland mod posted. Any chance of adding them to AOEII as well?

Hi, I'm new at this site and I've downloaded your mod and it seems great! But I just want to know how can I win with pirates, I mean, if I can't declare my independece, I can't win!

Could anyone answer to my question, please?

You can't win with them in the current version. If you read the earlier blog you can see some of the Ideas Dale migh use to make the pirates playable in future versions.

Exactly, I make mention that Pirates are an idea I'm messing around with, and I ask for comments from people on how they'd like to play them. :)

If you have any suggestions Edmar, I'd be glad to hear them.

There's a Scotland mod posted. Any chance of adding them to AODII as well?
I'd actually appreciate having New Scotland in AoDII, so if you want to add it, you've got my permission. However, to be fair, if New Scotland is added then I think New Sweden deserves a place as well (Petabyte made a New Sweden mod).

I'm also considering Russia, and possibly China as a balance for the west coast.

I've always thought it silly that they left out China.

Looking for a route to China to trade tea, silks etc was a HUGE force in the exploration and colonization of North America. I would love to buy goods in Asia and sell them for a huge profit in Europe.

I've added some screenshots to the first page of the thread under the changelist. :)

AoDII v1.01 posted!

Please see the first post for updated changlog and download. :)

This is excellent news! The new version looks mightily worth downloading - thank you!

For future updates, I like the idea of the smaller European colonisers getting involved at a later date. If you are able to set it up so that a random smaller nation arrives with a ship at some point after turn 50 and tries to set up a colony it would make an interesting choice for the player - do you wipe them out or befriend them and trade with them? The thought of the likes of Scotland, Courland and Denmark-Sweden appearing in 1492 with an equal chance of taking vast swathes of land seems a bit incongruous, but the thought of a small ship containing a colonist or two appearing part way into the game to "have a go" would add a great extra dimension to the game.

I just d/l the update to aod2 and when using the col1 map it now takes 8 turns to get to the docks in europe.? Is that suppose to be like that? It did just take six. Besides that really great improvements to the mod thanks for your work.

Exactly, I make mention that Pirates are an idea I'm messing around with, and I ask for comments from people on how they'd like to play them. :)

If you have any suggestions Edmar, I'd be glad to hear them.

Someone asking me about pirates? That's great :)

Well, as far as I know, pirates were created to bother enormusly the great empires in America (Spain, England...), because they were against their mercantile injuticines and their treatment of the natives. So I think pirates should win if they achieve to destroy all european colonies in the new world.
I've also read that some people complain about pirates power, and I disagree because pirates won some battles with a very big numerical disadventatge, so they should be better than the others.

You can also read this link in amazon that will give you a lot of information if you read the synopsis of the book and the readers review, it would be also great, if you have time enough, to download the book and read just some pages to get a better idea of who were the true pirates (they were democratic and against slavery!).

http://www.amazon.com/Republic-Pirates-Surprising-Caribbean-Brought/dp/015603462X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1224177821&sr=1-1

As you see, I'm quite interested in pirates :goodjob:.

Here's a little update for v1.01 of AoDII that gives the Portuguese their own mission icon in native villages so they don't have to use the Spanish one.

Download: AoDII mission art update
Just extract the AgeOfDiscoveryII folder into your Mods folder to apply the update. Windows will ask you about folder names being the same and possibly needing to overwrite files. Click Yes because CIV4ArtDefines_Civilization.xml needs to be written over.

Included for Dale is information on how to do this for any future civs he may add.

Attachments

• portuguese_mission_icon.jpg
    portuguese_mission_icon.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 147
finally i can enjoy this mod with all bugfixes from the patchmod... thx so much for your work... :)

and thx cassiusa for his mission art update...

I know I made this confusing lol. Anyway I putting everything up in one file now.

Sorry Johny, forgot to add these in for v1.01. I'll make sure they're in for the next version though. :)

Oh.... Sorry I missed that. I do feel pretty stupid now. Johny's work is probably better than mine anyhow (although I did do icons for Sweden and Scotland as well in my version ;))

Top Bottom