Klisz's Civs

Do you mean that using Gilgamesh for Burnaburiash at all feels out of place, or just that his head looks odd on that body?

It's just that you see most of the leaderscreen looking realistic like from the History Channel and then there's Gilgamesh from Civ IV who when put against it looks cartoon like.

My two cents on the leaderscreen: you should either make the chariot static or abandon the idea and have only the leader. Putting it in movement makes it feel weird, as you're supposed to be having a diplomatic conversation with him. I also recommend that you add some stuff to the background to make it more interesting.

Happy German Reunification Day, everyone! Have a double release:

Subscribe | Download
Supports: Civ IV Traits in Civ V, Cultural Diversity, Events & Decisions, Map Labels, Unique Cultural Influence, Wish for the World, YnAEMP

Subscribe | Download
Supports: Civ IV Traits in Civ V, Cultural Diversity, Events & Decisions, Map Labels, Unique Cultural Influence, Wish for the World, YnAEMP

Congrats on these releases! Glad to see my GDR color scheme is intact :)

Well, I'm excited to see these 2 civs on the steam workshop, especially in this special day. However, to be honest, I'm a little disappointed after played it. No new civ unique music, no new unit model, and the Bundesgrenzschutz in the cold war era using the unit model of the WWI infantry...

Adding national anthems of East and West Germany as their civ musics would make the mods much better.

Happy German Reunification Day, everyone! Have a double release:

Subscribe | Download

Subscribe | Download

Oh dang that was today? Well, I'll celebrate with the actual republic of West Germany! Finally glad to see Adenauer! I shall celebrate my heritage.

Found out a bug with East Germany and the Really Advanced Setup mod.

Whenever I activate East Germany this happens:
1.png

When I select a civilization for myself all the others down below lose their uniques (same is true for whichever civ I select for myself) and their civ icon disappear.

Haven't tested it with West Germany, I was more exited for East Germany. And the only mod I'm using besides a few other civ mods is the Really Advanced Setup.

edit

It keeps happening even if I only have East Germany and the Really Advanced Setup activated...

Can I get Adenauer's Icon as a png image. I tried on the Civ V Custom Wiki and that didn't work.

Well, I'm excited to see these 2 civs on the steam workshop, especially in this special day. However, to be honest, I'm a little disappointed after played it. No new civ unique music, no new unit model, and the Bundesgrenzschutz in the cold war era using the unit model of the WWI infantry...

Adding national anthems of East and West Germany as their civ musics would make the mods much better.

Unfortunatley, it's really difficult for me to include music while staying on the right side of intellectual property law (even though anthems are public domain, I think individual recordings can still be copyrighted). On the other hand, both civs have a method to add your own music easily - each contains an Audio folder that in turn contains AdenauerPeace/HoneckerPeace and AdenauerWar/HoneckerWar MP3 files (all four of which are blank). Replace them with music of your choice, and then go into the user settings SQL files in the main folders of each mod and replace
Code:
VALUES ("CUSTOM_AUDIO", 0);
with
Code:
VALUES ("CUSTOM_AUDIO", 1);
and the replaced music files should play.

Found out a bug with East Germany and the Really Advanced Setup mod.

Whenever I activate East Germany this happens:

When I select a civilization for myself all the others down below lose their uniques (same is true for whichever civ I select for myself) and their civ icon disappear.

Haven't tested it with West Germany, I was more exited for East Germany. And the only mod I'm using besides a few other civ mods is the Really Advanced Setup.

edit

It keeps happening even if I only have East Germany and the Really Advanced Setup activated...

That seems to be caused by my kludgey SQL to make the Bausoldat have different strength and production cost in different eras. I can't think of a way to fix this within East Germany itself, but in the RAS folder, you can goto UI/Main/GTAS_CivPanel.lua and replace line 200 with:
Code:
					for override in GameInfo.Civilization_UnitClassOverrides("CivilizationType = '" .. civ.Type .. "' AND NOT (UnitType IS NULL)") do
and it should work. Just for good measure, you can replace line 213 with:
Code:
					for override in GameInfo.Civilization_BuildingClassOverrides("CivilizationType = '" .. civ.Type .. "' AND NOT (BuildingType IS NULL)") do
(This doesn't have anything to do with East Germany specifically but will help if any other civ does anything similar with UBs)

Can I get Adenauer's Icon as a png image. I tried on the Civ V Custom Wiki and that didn't work.

I'm curious as how exactly the wiki didn't work to get the image, though :p

-----------------

By the way, I've found a bug in the DDR's Enlightenment Era support that causes the EE version of the Bausoldat to be buildable as early as the Medieval Era, so long as the EE mod is active. I'll be fixing this in the next update, but I won't be posting that update until I finish my current game, so as a hotfix, replace line 43 of Lua/Klisz_EastGermany_Functions.lua with
Code:
	tBausoldatEras[GameInfoTypes.UNIT_KLISZ_EAST_GERMAN_BAUSOLDAT_ENLIGHTENMENT] = GameInfoTypes.ERA_ENLIGHTENMENT

EDIT: And now I've discovered that militaristic city-states are gifting Bausoldaten even when that isn't the UU they're supposed to be able to gift. :\

Last edited:
That fix works really well for the RAS. Thanks for it and thanks for the release of East and West Germany! :D

East Germany has been updated to version 2.

Changelog:
- Fixed a bug where, if Enlightenment Era is enabled, the EE-strength version of the Bausoldat could be built starting in the Medieval Era
- Fixed a bug where city-states could gift Bausoldaten (even if that's not the UU they're supposed to be able to gift)
- Fixed a bug where the description of the Berlin Wall decision would add a new "Righ click for more info on Berlin Wall" every time you moused over it until all of reality was nothing but right-clicking for more info on Berlin Wall
- In the process of fixing the second bug mentioned in this changelog, added a new bug where the civ select and load screens shows two Bausoldaten as uniques and ignores the Stasi, while the Civilopedia shows six Bausoldaten as UUs. This probably can't be fixed without reinstating bug #2, so given that it's a mere cosmetic problem, anyone who complains about it will be reported to the Ministry of State Security for counterrevolutionary activity

Incidentally, the fix to #2 should probably also fix the RAS problems, though I haven't tested it.

Hey, everyone!

Here's a beta build of Panama. It doesn't have most of its text, art, or mod support, but it is playable.

UA: Isthmus of Darién: +5% Production for each coast tile bordering a city. When a foreign cargo ship ends its turn in your territory, gain a quarter of that ship's origin city's largest yield.

UU: Fuerza Pública: Replaces Infantry. Combat bonus on coastal land tiles, and gives a penalty to nearby enemy naval units.

UB: Free Trade Zone - Replaces Harbor. Foreign Trade Routes to this city get +2 Gold for the trade route owner and +1 for the city owner. Foreign cities gain +50% Trade Route range so long as they have at least one Trade Route to a city with a Free Trade Zone.

Radiant Garden has been updated to v4.

Changelog:
- Completely overhauled the design
- Redid the leader, UU, and UB icons
- Added RER support (Royal Guard replaces Tercio when RER is active)
- Did not get around to fixing the illegible color scheme

Organization XIII has been updated to v4.

Changelog:
- Replaced both uniques
- Replaced leader icon

And finally...

Something's gone wrong in the happy-go-lucky world of Civ!

Last edited:
This is why I love playing with mods and modding Civ 5, that new Civ has an awesome UA. May have to drop what I'm doing and test it for myself.

BTW, I assume that UA only works for Unique Military Units, not Unique Civilians like Workers, correct?

It technically will trigger for both military and civilian units, but because no civilian units are unlocked by techs, in practice it'll never happen (unless there's a civ with a civilian UU that is unlocked by a tech, but I don't know of any).

It technically will trigger for both military and civilian units, but because no civilian units are unlocked by techs, in practice it'll never happen (unless there's a civ with a civilian UU that is unlocked by a tech, but I don't know of any).

Wouldn't Archeologists count? I think the Recettear civ has an Archeologist replacement UU, if I remember correctly...

Wouldn't Archeologists count? I think the Recettear civ has an Archeologist replacement UU, if I remember correctly...

I just tried this out- and it turns out, the UA does activate for the Archeologist. I used Vice Virtuoso's TSAB Civ as a test. Not sure if that's the intended use, but it seems to works for Civilian UUs.

I just tried this out- and it turns out, the UA does activate for the Archeologist. I used Vice Virtuoso's TSAB Civ as a test. Not sure if that's the intended use, but it seems to works for Civilian UUs.

Not the best example; despite it replacing the Archaeologist, it has combat strength and is thus a military unit rather than a civilian.

Top Bottom