Resource icon

Cultural Diversity

The link to the Dropbox file has been giving me an error 429 message since yesterday and I can't subscribe to this on Steam so it won't update. I hope it's not just Dropbox being difficult.

Hi, just experience a bug with CulDiv while playing, but not sure if it has been fixed, since I haven't updated past V7.

In any case I'm getting this:
"Runtime Error: E:\Libraries\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cultural Diversity (Core) (v 7)\Lua\JFD_CulDiv_Events.lua:1111: attempt to compare number with nil".
It seems the culprit is Outcome 3 of the Northern: Midsummer's Day Event, where the CanFunc is:
Code:
function(player)	
			local playerID = player:GetID()
			local [COLOR="Green"]goldCost[/COLOR] = JFD_GetEraAdjustedValue(playerID, mathCeil(75*iMod))
			if player:GetGold() < [COLOR="Red"]goldCostEraAdj[/COLOR] then return false end
			Event_JFD_CulDiv_Northern.Outcomes[3].Desc = Locale.ConvertTextKey("TXT_KEY_EVENT_JFD_NORTHERN_OUTCOME_RESULT_3", goldCost)
			return true
		end
Just thought I'd mention it :).

Hello, i have 3 polar civs on my games: Dene, Yupiks and Inuit ,but with the lattest version, the Inuit and the Dene appear as tribal american

Hello, i have 3 polar civs on my games: Dene, Yupiks and Inuit ,but with the lattest version, the Inuit and the Dene appear as tribal american

It's better to report this to the Colonialist Legacies thread.

It's gonna be a mod conflict, I suspect - go post database logs over there

It's better to report this to the Colonialist Legacies thread.

Actually, Inuit and Dene are defined in the CulDiv mod itself. Being older mods they haven't even been updated with native CulDiv support yet. But like Chrisy said it's probably a mod conflict.

EDIT: Looking in the files however I think the Dene use the wrong defining tag unless there is a second non-CL mod. It's tagged as "CIVILIZATION_DENEFIRSTNATION" when the Dene's tag is "CIVILIZATION_CLDENE"

Actually, Inuit and Dene are defined in the CulDiv mod itself. Being older mods they haven't even been updated with native CulDiv support yet. But like Chrisy said it's probably a mod conflict.

EDIT: Looking in the files however I think the Dene use the wrong defining tag unless there is a second non-CL mod. It's tagged as "CIVILIZATION_DENEFIRSTNATION" when the Dene's tag is "CIVILIZATION_CLDENE"

Or they changed it. I pull the tags from the mod itself when I add in support - except those that have consistent naming conventions ;)

For some strange reason, Theodore Roosevelt and - it seems - every other civ in the game starts as Western. I have every updated version of every JFD's gameplay mods, most of your updated civs, E&D, couple of More Civs and Enlightenment Era. Problem persists even if I check CulDiv in the mods screen first.

Logs perhaps?

The slow debugging method is to disable a couple mids, then go to the Civ selection screen and see if there's still a problem.

You know, it would be amazing if all the gameplay mods were compiled into a single Megamod, to cut down on load order problems or any mod to mod communication.

Logs perhaps?

The slow debugging method is to disable a couple mids, then go to the Civ selection screen and see if there's still a problem.

You know, it would be amazing if all the gameplay mods were compiled into a single Megamod, to cut down on load order problems or any mod to mod communication.

Oh god - not you too! Next you're gonna be trying to convince me that a european superstate would work...

Logs had no traces. The problem went away - it seems this kinds of problems usually come from outdated mods, I reinstalled and updated my whole mods folder and made sure all are compatible with each other and lately updated.

Any idea why the Southern culture group (bonus=free fishing tech w/ CBP) starting units don't get embarkation? I remember seeing this here at some point but I don't remember if it was resolved. I am using v.7, with full CBP no EUI, plus a few choice picknmix mods

Bump. Happening to me as well.

Hey JFD and others, thank you all for your amazing work on this project, along with many others, including JFD Civs.

However, I have a question. While playing as one of the JFD Civs, in this case Stalin's Soviet Union, units do not have a voice over. While Catherine's Russia (and other vanilla civs) uses the Russian unit voice over just like Civ4, modded civs that supposedly have support for this mod, do not. This kinda bugs me, because unit voice over was one of important reasons why i installed this mod.

Is there any way to add the voice over support to JFD Civs? I guess they already have proper scripts in place, its just the matter of turning them on and setting them up. Any suggestions on how it can be done?

Bump. Happening to me as well.

Thanks. Just wanted to point out that I made an error in the report. No units get the ability to embark at any point, except for the explorer (I think it was him) who's embarkation promotion was a little different than the normal embarking. It's been a while since I have played with one of these, so I'm not positive

Hey JFD and others, thank you all for your amazing work on this project, along with many others, including JFD Civs.

However, I have a question. While playing as one of the JFD Civs, in this case Stalin's Soviet Union, units do not have a voice over. While Catherine's Russia (and other vanilla civs) uses the Russian unit voice over just like Civ4, modded civs that supposedly have support for this mod, do not. This kinda bugs me, because unit voice over was one of important reasons why i installed this mod.

Is there any way to add the voice over support to JFD Civs? I guess they already have proper scripts in place, its just the matter of turning them on and setting them up. Any suggestions on how it can be done?

My guess would be because Stalins last update was a long time before unit voices were implemented, and may not be communicating properly with CD. Take a look at his more recent Civs (such as the Russian Alexander) if you want to do code comparison.

With CBO, Venice (and I assume other Southern cultures) being granted Fishing prevents units from being able to embark before Astronomy in Renaissance.

Top Bottom