The Vault Dev. Canteen (General Discussion)

With all these new planed civs that everyone has been wanting for awhile, well maybe not all of them; most people have just been wanting Mr.House because hes awesome, what changes are going to have to be made to the DLL/Python?

I know that currently, or at least in the last release of the mod, that each civ had its own specific religion, a feature I don't really care for, which was autofounded when they discovered a certain tech. I think the tech was conquest or something. What changes are going to need to be made in order to account for these new civs?

It's actually when you found your National/State Capitol. you found your political Ideology, which will allow you to consolidate your holdings and unlock more powerful content for your faction.

Also, why don't you care for it, when in every fallout game factions are trying to assert their faction brand/control on various towns in the games?

The point right now is that the core game is still being built and there is no major difference to any of the civs.

I want to get to the point where I have all the core mechanics of gameplay in, then I can set about laying down the designs for each faction and begin establishing some rules around faction design.

Then once we have the 8 current civs fully developed and at least on their way to being properly balanced, we will have a frame work for introducing New Civ Designs.

I was making this as part of a Moddb News Post.

I got annoyed by their formatting policy and can't be bothered now!

But we can still have a PARTY!![party]:band::bday:[party]

Attachments

• Dev Vault 30th.png
    Dev Vault 30th.png
    457.4 KB · Views: 1,316
30 years. Jeeeeeeeze :crazyeye:

Anyway heres the Super Mutant LH rigged onto Augustus Caesar's skeleton. He didn't turn out great, clipping and mesh distortion galore, but it might look better in game than the current LH.

Attachments

• supermutant augusted.7z
    321.5 KB · Views: 294
You made a fallout mod for civilization. That has robots in it. That is pretty awesome.

Thats weird. try putting the the augustus_SuperMutantsar nif into the same folder as the original SM LH.

Then use this Art Def:

Code:
		<LeaderheadArtInfo>
			<Type>ART_DEF_LEADER_MASTER</Type>
			<Button>Art/LeaderHeads/supermutant/Master_button.dds</Button>
			<NIF>art/LeaderHeads/supermutant/augustus_SuperMutantsar.nif</NIF>
			<KFM>art/LeaderHeads/Augustus_Caesar/augustus_caesar.kfm</KFM>
			<NoShaderNIF>art/LeaderHeads/supermutant/augustus_SuperMutantsar.nif</NoShaderNIF>
			<BackgroundKFM>art/LeaderHeads/supermutant/Gilgamesh_Backgrnd.kfm</BackgroundKFM>
		</LeaderheadArtInfo>

Got the super mutant to work, I see what you mean :)

It is a real shame, because if that animation was a bit nicer/smoother/not punching itself in the armpit,:D it would have worked really nicely :D

Ah well, I guess with super mutants less is more! :D

I ain't my first ever Super Mutant, tastes like crocodile... not bad.

Then shortly after the game crashed...need archid super investigation power to see what's wrong! He hasn't failed yet!

How far into the the Next Generation of Fallout games have you played? I only played to the temple of doom part for fallout 2 ;)

F3 I played to the end, although I didn't do a lot of the stuff in it.

FNV I probably played to the first town you come across that was destroyed by The Legion. The one the Ranger Sniper sends you too, by this time I was already forcing myself to continue playing the FPS format...

F2 has a really hard start, especially if you don't have a close combat character. F1 has a much easier start, because you begin with a pistol.

There was a megamod released for 2 that made it easy for non-combat characters by changing the challenge at the end, and by allowing you to recruit a tribal protector once you are chosen, you could also skip the trial all together, but that comes back to haunt you.

New Vegas has a much deeper storyline. And Mr. House. While I have played fallout 3 WAY more I still prefer New Vegas..

Yeah, NV does seem better, and there are a lot of mods, a friend of mine tried to get me into it by giving a whole host of mods, but it got so complicated to implement them all, I just gave up with a headache.

The problem is that I don't really enjoy FPS at the best of times, and to me the Fallout FPS does not seem all that great anyway, so I am playing a genre I don't much like, at a quality that was not the best of it's kind..

So I found myself forcing myself to play for the story/content/history of the game, but not really enjoying the experience of actually playing the game itself...

Great mod, I just downloaded it and I think it is already quite good.

Just one question, is there a map of US or western US ? I think it could be great if all the factions already started with the first town (just town with no buildngs in it) on their 'historical' positions.

I'm enjoing the game as it is but that could further add to the atmosphere of the mod.

I will play the game today and report any bugs on which I stumble.

So far I think the concept of slow development (with all terrain improvements costing a lot) is really well thought, especially as in the dangers of the wastelands they can be quite easily destroyed.

Cheers

Here is my experience so far.
After a long game I've reached the modern (or is it advanced) era with NCR.

Settings are:
- Noble difficulty, standard map size, type earth

I have 2 towns while all of my opponents have only one and I am currently the strongest faction.

I have noticed a few things for which I'm not sure are they intentional part of the game mechanics or not.

1) Building a watermill doesn't cost anything (this is the only free thing). Is that normal ?

2) Is it normal for the AI to have only one town ? Since the mod is heavily modded it could be that the AI isn't ''bright'' enough to make another town.

3) Why are some units 'twins', with the only difference being the words ''city capture'' ? There is town militia and town militia city capture. Wouldn't it be simpler to just have town militia ? It reduces the atmosphere a bit.

4) As NCR (also some other human factions) I could build the ''Super Mutant Machine Gunner''. I think this shouldn't be possible, it kills the atmosphere a bit.

P.S I think you have done a great job with this mod and I'm really enjoing it.

Top Bottom