The Test of Time

i'd choose crappy old England any day over Czech republic :p

I deleted what you said and it did the trick, settler aint slow anymore it changed to second turn fine but when I clicked end turn again to go to third turn it stopped responding and went black and I had to control alt delete and shut it down

depending on how much work your talking I would of gave it some thought if it wasn't for the fact ive got to take my pc in to get fixed on Tuesday because if i play a game for more than 20 minutes it just shuts down :mad:

i'd choose crappy old England any day over Czech republic :p
Agreed...but I'd always choose crappy old Mediterranean Cruise any day over England:p

But I am going to Bratislava too, but out of the three days there we will probably travel to another city each day for the day (probably Brno, Budapest, and vienna)

I deleted what you said and it did the trick, settler aint slow anymore it changed to second turn fine but when I clicked end turn again to go to third turn it stopped responding and went black and I had to control alt delete and shut it down

depending on how much work your talking I would of gave it some thought if it wasn't for the fact ive got to take my pc in to get fixed on Tuesday because if i play a game for more than 20 minutes it just shuts down :mad:
Your computer problems may be the source of why the mod is so slow at points? Might not be the complete reason but it could make it worse

When will you get your pc back? Its basically the amount of work that you want to do

Agreed...but I'd always choose crappy old Mediterranean Cruise any day over England:p

But I am going to Bratislava too, but out of the three days there we will probably travel to another city each day for the day (probably Brno, Budapest, and vienna)

Your computer problems may be the source of why the mod is so slow at points? Might not be the complete reason but it could make it worse

When will you get your pc back? Its basically the amount of work that you want to do

never been to the med or a cruise for that matter lol. not seen much of Europe either if im being honest, on my list of places to go visit tho. you can do river cruises to busapest and Vienna. there was an advert for it on tv the other day lol.

maybe but probably not because it runs fine for the 20 minutes then shuts down on a lot more modern games with big mods installed so I doubt it but you never know.

I don't know when I will get it back, its not booked it for repair or anything been working this weekend and Tuesday is the first day im off so that's my first chance to take it back to place I bought it from. I got a new job about month and a half ago more hours and weekend work so I got less time now.

never been to the med or a cruise for that matter lol. not seen much of Europe either if im being honest, on my list of places to go visit tho. you can do river cruises to busapest and Vienna. there was an advert for it on tv the other day lol.

maybe but probably not because it runs fine for the 20 minutes then shuts down on a lot more modern games with big mods installed so I doubt it but you never know.

I don't know when I will get it back, its not booked it for repair or anything been working this weekend and Tuesday is the first day im off so that's my first chance to take it back to place I bought it from. I got a new job about month and a half ago more hours and weekend work so I got less time now.

I've heard of those cruises, sound interesting but not a large fan of cruises, would rather be on my own schedule, cheaper that way usually too....

Well whenever you do have it working again, would you be interested in modding? I could set up a simple thread with some screenshots, could explain it pretty easy, and you can go at whatever pace you please

I've heard of those cruises, sound interesting but not a large fan of cruises, would rather be on my own schedule, cheaper that way usually too....

Well whenever you do have it working again, would you be interested in modding? I could set up a simple thread with some screenshots, could explain it pretty easy, and you can go at whatever pace you please

im not a fan of cruises at all my self but each to there own as I say.
if you want to start a simple threat, I will have a look and at least give it a try but no promises, like I said before new job with lots more hours and a lot to learn so I gotta prioritise that for now.

What graphic level are you on? It doesnt make sense why it works on mine and not yours. Yes in the past that has happened but that is on crashes that happen down the road. Never has it been like you cant play the mod and I can, it doesn't make sense.

i tried it on my laptop for the reasons ive said before, downloaded the latest version and it crashed. I then tried a smaller map(which shouldn't of made any difference because my laptop can run the GEM map on ROM with a couple of big modmods) and it loaded this time but yet again the settler unit was real slow.

Dont have Brazil in the new civilizations..... but has an primitive Brazil (Tupi). It will be coll if has Brazil becouse if has American and Native americans why not for Brazil? Thanks for this mod very very good work guys.

Playing as Canada: My workers show up as red blobs... the little icon works fine, just not the workers on the main screen. So far that's the only problem I've come across. :)

Added Prior to Release
Spoiler :
31 New Promotions: Ace II, Anti-Tank I, Anti-Tank II, Anti-Tank III, Barrage IV, Charge 2, Charge 3, Charge 4, City Garrison 4, City Garrison 5, City Raider 4, City Raider 5, Coast Guard 1, Coast Guard 2, Coast Guard 3, Cold 1, Cold 2, Cover 2, Cover 3, Cover 4, Exploration, Flanking 3, Formation 2, Formation 3, Formation 4, Infrared Homing, Navigation 3, Riot Control 1, Riot Control 2, Hot 1, Hot 2
New Civs: Anasazi, Wagadou, Maasa, Zapoteci, Minoa, Swahili, Dene
New Leaders: Charles V, Hitler, Jayarvarman, Joan de arc, Leonidas, Reagan
Completely fixed multiple UU's and UB's to clean up mod

Will this mod ever be re-uploaded? It looks like one of the very few that show off Africa

It will, it is almost ready for an update, and the most ready out of all of my TTT mods. Africa is still very much in the works, Unwritten History is absolutely nowhere and needs a complete overhaul, Modern Alliances is similar to that, Eurocentrism is close to an update, and Catastrphic Liberation, a new mod focusing on the 1948 war in the middle east, is in the works.

If you are interested, here is the list of civs that are going to be in the release of this mod. The only ones that are missing (are below, as you I could of scrolled down) are Poland and Israel. Not only Africa but it has an amazing representation of Native America, having Crows, Cheyenne, Taino, Anasazi, most of which aren't in many other mods.

Attachments

• IMG_1001.jpg
    IMG_1001.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 207
Hey :D

I was looking for some civs for my mod, and my choice, understandably, fell on your Test of Times mod, as it seemed like an "easy" solution as most was modular, as well as it wasn't a "throw all in the kitchensink"-type of mod ;)

I was really positively surprised when I loaded it up and saw the quality of the civs, UUs, UBs, documentation etc. So I want to ask for permission to use them mostly "as is" for my VIP mod?
I will of course give credit ;)

cheers
Vincentz

ps. When adding them to my mod, I noticed a couple of things and have a couple of questions :
1) Bulgaria, Getai and Songhai have CivilizationInfos both in the modular folder as well as in the normal CivilizationInfo.
2) Assyria's TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_'s are asynced (?) Names in civinfo list is Asshur, Kalakh etc, while textfiles list is Assur, Calah etc.
3) Most of the civs are very explicitly put into their respectively Custom Civilizations folder, except the CivilizationInfo which is gathered in the main civinfo file. Any specific reason for adding it the the main file?

Hey :D

I was looking for some civs for my mod, and my choice, understandably, fell on your Test of Times mod, as it seemed like an "easy" solution as most was modular, as well as it wasn't a "throw all in the kitchensink"-type of mod ;)

I was really positively surprised when I loaded it up and saw the quality of the civs, UUs, UBs, documentation etc. So I want to ask for permission to use them mostly "as is" for my VIP mod?
I will of course give credit ;)

cheers
Vincentz

ps. When adding them to my mod, I noticed a couple of things and have a couple of questions :
1) Bulgaria, Getai and Songhai have CivilizationInfos both in the modular folder as well as in the normal CivilizationInfo.
2) Assyria's TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_'s are asynced (?) Names in civinfo list is Asshur, Kalakh etc, while textfiles list is Assur, Calah etc.
3) Most of the civs are very explicitly put into their respectively Custom Civilizations folder, except the CivilizationInfo which is gathered in the main civinfo file. Any specific reason for adding it the the main file?

Well if you like quality, you will love the coming update (really it's the official release) because I went through all of the Civs and improved them even more. I also added many (see image above) however I made them all unmodular, so I would suggest using the version you have and then using small things from the new ony you want.
You are of course welcome to use the mod as you want.
As for your questions, the mistakes were taken care of when I went through the civs, however I the civinfos weren't in there because when they are modular when you select a civ to play it isn't in alphabetical order, but when I put them all in the original file I can decide which order to put them in

Top Bottom