The Test of Time

Updated the first post to show what ive been up to the last week or so. In the process of adding civilizations, starting with Native Americans
Plan on adding the following Native American civ in the coming days:
Algonquin, Cherokee, Iroquois, Mississippians, and Navajo

These are only north American natives

@Drak, do you have any suggestions for UUs, UBs or LH for any of those civs? Definitely going with Mound for Mississippians and code talkers and hogan for Navajo but other than that looking for your expertise. Especially the cherokee, as I am adding them next.

Any comments on the current civs in? The civs that are already in have all the LHs I currently plan on adding to them, so suggestions welcome. Any suggestions for other native civs that you think deserve to be in?

Bunches actually. With regards to the Cherokee, I would recommend A light cav unit. Cherokee had the absolute best light cav unit for that era, pretty much rivaling any euro cav, and made mincemeat out of the US Cav ( sorry home town homies, but facts are facts :().
I'm not off until this weekend bro, can probably start giving you info then. Let me know what your priorities are for the civ's, and I'll start giving you some recommendations.
Glad your back :D.

NP. I can do some light research, then probably give you some info sat or sun. Once you have a firmer idea what you want, we can go from there on the specifics.

I'll need to update to your current rev, then take a look and see what you've done and who you have added. I'll be able to assist better once I know what NA civ's you have already.

NP. I'll use that as my guide and go from there.

Just some quick thoughts on Some NA tribes;

Crow
Arapaho
Shoshone
Nez Perce
Salish
Paiute
Ute
Chumash

Reason being, your western coastal areas seem a bit thin. Thinking we could probably pop a major tribe in each of the coastal states. Additionally, Ute were a primary antagonist of the Apache, Arapaho battled across the western plains ( Wyo, Mon, and Idaho respectively), Crow and Blackfeet were northern plains ( vs Cheyenne) and the Shoshone traded/fought with them all. Let me know your thoughts before I start giving you specifics for the tribes in question, especially if your planning on using just a huge map ( personal preference would be a giant map, lol, but that's just me :D)

For Carib tribes, I'd like to toss in Shebayo and Inyeri tribes ( Carib tribe wouldn't be bad either).

For Central America, maybe toss in a couple of minors to go along with the Aztecs and Mayans. Tectiteco and Ixil tribes would be a good balance for the region, especially considering the history.

For SA, Let's give the Inca someone to play with. How about;

Tupi ( Tupe)
Cuaga
Ye'kuana
Amiacha
Moche

After all, Inca by themselves in SA is pretty much an easy conquest unless someone has raging barbs checked.

This is only for Test of Time though, not for Unwritten History
For unwritten history it is likely I would add most of those civs, however there isnt going to necessarily be scenario with all of these native civs, so balancing areas isnt important here (should save that discussion for Unwritten History which will focus on native and will come after Test of Time is done) really I'm looking for which are the most impressive, which deserve to have civs in this mod

For NA I would like to add Canada (dont need help there) Shoshone and Algonquin, so if you could recommend a UU, UB and several LH for Shoshone and Algonquin that would be fantastic. Beside them, I could see myself adding 0-3 more native tribes, so which ones would you recommend as most deserving? Dont limit to just the west, as in the east i only have Iroquois and Cherokee, I could see the Seminole or Creek among others gaining consideration.

So when you have time lemme know what you think about those UUs, UBs, and LHs as well as which other civs you would recommend for NA.

For the rest of America's I have not gotten to them yet, so dont panic. I just added the Olmec to Mesoamerica (as you can see in first post) and plan on adding Toltec, Zapotec and Mexico.

For central america, I could potentially see myself possibly adding Carib, but not necessarily Shebayo or Inyeri. I am also considering adding Cuba.

For South America Tupi, Nazca and Brazil are for sure. Chimu, Moche, Mapuche, Muisca are all possible options I would like to explore. Modern wise I think I would like to add Argentina, with San Martin as the leader. I would also like to add Bolivar, possibly with Venezuela or Gran Colombia. Possibly a Chile civ as well but not sure. Let me know what you think

ok, will work on Sho's and Al's on next day off. I'd really like to go with the Salish for the west, as they rarely get a mention in any of the mods I've encountered. How about adding Seminole and either Crow or Blackfeet. My personal preference would be the Blackfeet, as I'd like to see them in a mod for a change.

Hmnn, Ironically, Cuba is actually a mix of Carib and Chontal Mayans, so I can agree with them.

For SA, all are very viable options, as all of those tribes have well distinguished history. I'm thinking 4 or 5 SA tribes in addition to the Inca, based on huge map size of course.

Ok, will give you info on next days off.

Shoshone

Chief Washakie
Traits: Chr/Con
UB: Hot Springs. +1 health, +25% unit heal
UU: Guchendeka' (plains warrior) Replaces axemen, no iron needed. +50% defense in plains.

Algonquin

Tamanend

Traits: Chr/Spi
UB: Spirit Lodge. +1 Happy, +1 Diplo improvement
UU: Kitcisiprini (ranger), +1 move through forest, Guerrilla 1

Seminole

Osceola

Traits: Chr/Hum
UB: Chikees ( counts as city square), +1 happy, +1 gold
UU: Ma'hon (use explorer), no movement penalty in jungles/swamps. 1st strike.

Sorry about the minimal info Dac, but work has been really heavy. I usually try to give you a lot more details than what's here, but can't at the moment. When I can actually get some time off, I will give you more background.

yuppers, will do.

The modern american civs are in. Only one I believe I'm missing is a civ with Bolivar as its leader. Possibly Venezuela or Gran Colombia? What do you guys think?
While I'm waiting to finish the rest of the native, I am doing India. India(modern), Maurya, Mughal and Chola are already in. Marataha, Nepal, Mysore and ahom on the way.

Venezuela should be interesting.
Wow, Ahom? Nice!

I'm supposed to have this coming Sat and Sun off, so if all goes well, I'll toss the pertinent details your way Dac.
I really must apologize bro, as I don't like doing incomplete work. Unfortunately, lol, work happens.

Ya i like the idea of an Ahom civilization. No worries, no rush, I have plenty of civilizations I still need to add.
India civilizations are in (minus Gupta and Kushan who I plan to add eventually, but lack of UU and UB for now put them on the backburner)
On to scandinavia next

Top Bottom