Pre-Order Brave New World

Mercade

the Counsellor
This thread aims to provide an overview of all stores that offer a pre-order of Civilization V - Brave New World. Prices and offers can change without notice. If you have updates, please post in this thread.

Download
Gamersgate.com - USD 26.95 - EUR 26.95
Gamingdragons.com - EUR 19.95
Greenmangaming.com - USD 29.99 - EUR 26.99 - GBP 17.99 - look for discount vouchers or cash back.
Steam - USD 29.99 (AU/NZ: 49.99; JP: 39.99) - EUR 29.99 - GBP 19.99 - BRL 44.99 - RUB 399

United States (and international)
Amazon.com - USD 29.99
Bestbuy - USD 29.99
EBGames.com/Gamestop.com - USD 29.99
Walmart.com - USD 29.96

Australia
Game-lane.com.au - AUD 39.99
Mighty Ape.com.au - AUD 39.99

Austria
Amazon.at - EUR 29.95
Gameware.at - EUR 29.99
Multimediawelt.at - EUR 31.08

Canada
Amazon.ca - CAD 29.99
EBGames.ca - CAD 29.99

Czech Republic
Xzone.cz - CZK 499

Denmark
CDON.dk - DKK 299
ELGiganten.dk - DKK 234

Finland
CDON.fi - EUR 34.95
Discshop.fi - EUR 29.95

Germany
Amazon.de - EUR 29.95
Gameware.at - EUR 29.99

Netherlands
Bol.com - EUR 29.99
Freerecordshop.nl - EUR 25.00 - Be careful. Free Record Shop declared insolvency.
Wehkamp.nl - EUR 27.99
Yourgamezone.nl - EUR 22.75

New Zealand
Mighty Ape.co.nz - NZD 49.99

Norway
CDON.no - NOK 299.00
homeenter.com - NKK 249

Poland
Inexus.pl - PLN 89.99
Moonqq.pl - Digital PLN 74.99
Muve.pl - PLN 89.99 / Digital - PLN 79.99

Spain
Fnac.es - EUR 27.45

Sweden
CDON.se - SEK 349.00
Webhallen.com - SEK 299.00

United Kingdom
Amazon.co.uk - GBP 16.00
Gamefly.co.uk - GBP 17.99
Zavvi.com - GBP 21.25

If you have any corrections or additions of sites or countries, please post in this thread or send me a PM.

Mercade

I'm holding out for the Steam pre-order so I can get an Ashurbanipal beard in TF2

The Netherlands seems very quick (and cheap :D) with these pre-orders, so many sites for such a small country ;) I'm pre-ordering immediately!

The Canadian Amazon link you gave is for the Vanilla version of Civilization 5. The EB Games link, however, is correct.

Yep, after my Steam purchase of G&K, I'll definitely be going down this route for BNW :).

Aussie.

How long did it take for G&K to be up on Steam?
I think it was really close to release date when it came on Steam.

Edit:
G&K was released on june 19, the pre-order was available on may 28th, so about three weeks before release. So expect it to be on Steam around the 18th of june (if they keep the same schedule).

Just a small correction:

Germany:
Amazon.de
Gameware.at is Austrian

To the topic: I think as an Non-American nobody should preorder this addon. The international release is just three days to late and I remember the same issue at the G&K-release where you could buy an American-key for the addon at macupdate.com and were able to play three days ahead of the official international release without any restrictions in language or multiplayer.

The Canadian Amazon link you gave is for the Vanilla version of Civilization 5. The EB Games link, however, is correct.
Updated. Also added Amazon.co.uk for the people in UK.

Just a small correction:

Germany:
Amazon.de
Gameware.at is Austrian

To the topic: I think as an Non-American nobody should preorder this addon. The international release is just three days to late and I remember the same issue at the G&K-release where you could buy an American-key for the addon at macupdate.com and were able to play three days ahead of the official international release without any restrictions in language or multiplayer.
Updated. In fact both DE and AT are to Amazon.de - which also delivers in Austria.
Regarding your release issue, I'm not sure what specific issue you are referring to.

You could buy a G&K-key at macupdate.com and could play G&K three days prior to the official international release on June 22nd, 2013 (American release was June, 19th). But if you preordered at Steam (or if you had to wait for the shipping of your boxed version), you had to wait.

You could buy a G&K-key at macupdate.com and could play G&K three days prior to the official international release on June 22nd, 2013 (American release was June, 19th). But if you preordered at Steam (or if you had to wait for the shipping of your boxed version), you had to wait.
Ah. Well, the difference between 9th and 12th July is Tuesday or Friday in the same working week. Won't have time to play until the weekend anyway. Plus I like to buy local. But when macupdate.com starts selling BNW, I'll add it to the list.

Steam pre-order is usually added a few weeks before release. I have no idea why 2k is always so slow to add their new releases on Steam.

Top Bottom