LS Civilization Set

I'd only wish that civ were the Kara Khitai so I could play both the Goths and them... but one can't have everything I guess. :)

As for the Imbangala, I'm having a similar problem, I thought I had messed up something in the code, but maybe the file got broken during an update?

LS I know you don't do this type of thing like ever but

...you should totally add in Decisions to some of these, because for all intents and purposes E&D is our community expansion pack. Even at just two per civ they add a lot of flavor and change up strategy immensely.

The very first one that comes to mind for me would be the Khmelnytsky Uprising for the Hetmanate. If you've researched Metallurgy and have one of your original cities occupied by another civ, for the price of a Magistrate and some Culture you get a maintenance and resource free Sich Cossack for every city that civ has, and a free Hetman for every occupied city they have on the map, whether yours or someone else's.

The second would be to develop Cossack Baroque architecture, which would simultaneously represent the decline of the Zaporozhian Host, though in this case, through modernization instead of being conquered. You need both Architecture and Military Science, along with a sizable lump of Gold, a Magistrate, and at least one Hetman in a city. Upon enacting the decision each city with a Hetman in it expends that Hetman for a Cossack Monastery, such asthis iconic one, which would be a substantially powerful cultural and religious building, on par with a National Wonder. However at that point all Sich Cossacks are converted into Cavalry, and Hetmans will no longer be generated, with normal Great Generals in their stead.

...if I write the text and outlines for them all will you at least consider adding that in? ^^

I'd only wish that civ were the Kara Khitai so I could play both the Goths and them... but one can't have everything I guess. :)

As for the Imbangala, I'm having a similar problem, I thought I had messed up something in the code, but maybe the file got broken during an update?
Oh, two reporting same issue forced me to launch a game.
I downloaded version available in OP: image. It works perfectly even without the code I provided recently. I assume you are using some mod with fatal interaction (especially that it was working before for you). Anyway, it is time to learn reading logs. You can also compare your mod lists.

I am not gonna pretend that I knew what Kara Khitai is.

Sounds really fun, will have to try a warmonger game against a few of the wonder hoarders with this guys. Do you have to decide immediately upon capturing the city whether to destroy a wonder or can you do so at any time in an annexed/puppeted city?

Obviously I haven't tried the Gothic Camp yet, but if you feel they need a buff a thought I've had for a UI would be very strong yields but only for so many turns after a declaration of war with a major civilization. As always, not sure if possible :lol:
I was thinking immediately upon capturing (your warriors are hungry for loot / logic) and I think It would be also balance-wise (otherwise you could destroy them in crucial moment and obtain some free techs).
I can assure you that UI will be strong enough. However, it's gonna help only in early warfare, which is the easiest way to cripple yourself. :) I am looking for some Roman word describing barbarian settlements/fort/camp, without success so far.
And yes, it is possible.

...if I write the text and outlines for them all will you at least consider adding that in? ^^
If you make this, I am gonna link it to OP with credits. No problem.

I drafted a Kara Khitai civ a couple months ago, oddly enough:

Kara-Khitai
Leader: Yelü Dashi. Capital: Balasagun. Start bias: Hill

UA: Vassals of the Steppe. :c5puppet: Puppetted cities increase the :c5capital: capital's :c5gold: gold, :c5science: science, and :c5production: production by 8% (max 80%).

UB: Fire Temple. Replaces Shrine. +2 :c5faith: faith to every resource of Cattle and Horses worked by the city.

UU: Liao Imperial Rider. Replaces Horseman. Begins with +15 experience. Gains +2 experience for every turn it is stationed in a :c5puppet: puppetted city.

In a similar light, I've got mockups of the following civs if you're interested: The Ghurids, focused on razing and Great Works; the Khwarazmian Empire, focused on conquest, gold, and faith; The Danishmends, focused on conquest and culture, particularly writing; The Nogai, focused on offensive warfare, particularly with mounted units; The Qaraqalpaqs (Karakalpaks), focused on growth and happiness; and The Naimans, focused on peaceful expansion.

you should totally add in Decisions to some of these, because for all intents and purposes E&D is our community expansion pack

I have to agree.
2 decisions and 1 event each?
I can help with ideas and text.

Should we have a discussion about what, balance wise, we're going to say is ok, and what isn't? This is a great way to add historical flavour across more eras than you can necessarily fit into UA/UU/UB, which is the best thing about it in my mind. It's also a great opportunity to balance by giving slightly weaker civs stronger decisions.

You like harping on about a community expansion pack, don't you? :) What do you mean, exactly?

I uploaded project file so you can do it on your own. This civ is definitely out of my comfort zone.

I updated sets 8 and 10 (most changes were discussed before). I may upload first version of goths today, though chances are low.

@edit
And I have uploaded glorious Polish Empire on steam (some changes were made; detailed info on steam page).

Ideas for Events and Decisions:

Format:

(Decisions can only be implemented once unless otherwise stated)
Civ
Decision 1 (1 magistrate)
Decision 2 (2 magistrates)
Event

Haida
Spoiler :
Organise Explorative Trade Venture - costs gold, gain 2 war canoe with embarks ocean tiles and exotic goods promotions. Requires Optics.
Protect Creative Industries - costs gold, gains 2 copies lux resource and +2 culture from forests. Requires Industrialisation.
Potlach Incident - {Another Civ} has made international remarks about the 'nonsensical' potlach ceremonies routinely held in our cities. Requires Economics.
a) They are right! These practices are a ludicrous extravagance and must be abolished! Confiscate the holdings of those who resist. Gain a large amount of gold. lose large amount of culture.
b) They have no right to infringe on our practices. Denounces {Another Civ}. Gain a free policy.
c) While the potlach are important to our culture, they are getting out of hand and damaging our economy. Let us introduce legislation limiting these practices. Lose small amount of culture. Totem Poles gains +10% gold.

Khmer
Spoiler :
Institutionalise Serfdom - Costs gold and culture. All militia are upgraded to workers. Gain a permanent +10% worker speed increase. Requires Construction.
Coronate Yourself Divine Emperor - Costs gold. Lose 1 population in each city connected to the capital. Gain food in the capital based on how many cities are connected to the capital. Enter a golden age. Requires Theology.
[White Elephant event that currently exists for south east asia civs]

Kingdom of Jerusalem
Spoiler :
Rally the Faithful - Costs faith. Must be at war with a civ following a different religion. Gain a unit for every two cities following your majority religion. Requires Theology. Can be enacted once per war.
Take Control of the Crusader Orders - Costs culture and faith. Gain a Crusader in every city. Templar Houses grant +1 faith, +1 culture. Must have a Templar House in at least 50% of cities.
Religious Incident - At a feast with emissaries of {Another Civ following a different religion}, some of your knights made insulting remarks against their holy figure. The foreign dignitaries were outraged and immediately returned to their quarters. Requires Chivalry.
a) I share the opinions of my men. Arrest the infidels and prepare for war. Declares war against {Another civ...}. Gain large amount of faith. Gain a combat boost for the next X turns.
b) As much as I despise the non-believers, this was ill-discipline by my men. I cannot allow the image of this great nation to be slighted. Dismiss these men and apologise to the dignitaries. Lose a small amount of faith. 50% chance to spawn barbarians near the Capital.
c) I cannot risk turning my men against me, but the emissaries can never be allowed to tell of this... to the living. See that they never make it back to their homeland. Requires a spy in the capital. All spies level up.

Papal States
Spoiler :
Convene the College of Cardinals - costs faith. gives culture based on the number of followers of your religion. Can be enacted once per era. Requires theology.
Modernise the Church - costs faith and gold. Swiss guard give +5 culture and +5 tourism when garrisoned in a city. [is it possible to let other civs choose the byzantium bonus belief? if so this. Else, golden age]. Requires Radio.
Death of Great Person - An immensely well respected servant of the Vatican has fallen ill and, sadly, died during the night. The cardinals are calling for you to make a public gesture to commemorate the life of this great person. Requires Theology. Has a 25% chance to occur every time a great person is consumed.
a) The cardinals must learn patience. The deceased is barely cold. He shall be venerated in due time. Gain small amount of faith.
b) The cardinals are right, we are unlikely to ever see their like again. Their works surely constitute a miracle! We must beatify them immediately. Costs faith. Cities enter We Love the King day.
c) God dwells in unapproachable light, whom no one has even seen or can see, but in my dreams last night I saw him face to face, and our servant was at his side! Announce his immediate canonization! Costs very large amount of faith. Enter a Golden Age. All basilica gain +1 faith.

Sioux Nation
Spoiler :
Set-up Infrastructure for Buffalo Hunters - Costs gold. Tipi camps gain +1 gold permanently. gain culture. Requires Guilds.
Begin the Ghost Dance - Costs culture. Gain faith. Gain +% combat bonus on friendly territory. Requires Gunpowder.
Massacre - A group of {Another Civ}'s hunters wandered onto Sioux Land and were cut down by enraged locals. {Another Civ} is calling for justice against the murders. Requires Banking.
a) Law and order is what is important. Clearly there has been a crime committed, and it will be dealt with accordingly. Requires a Constabulary. No effect.
b) Hunters, were they? More like scouts, preparing for an imminent invasion! Send back the headless corpses and call the warriors to war! Declare war on {Another Civ}. Gain large amount of culture and a combat boost for X turns.
c) How dare they pretend to tell us what to do on our own land! Send the bodies back and deliver a message to the foreign devils. Gain culture. Denounce {Another Civ}.

These sound good? Gimme to go ahead and I'll write some more.

Oh great Po Ngbe, our scholars have made a shocking discovery, the concept of number representing pure nothingness, describing the level of sympathy Jaguar feels to its prey. In the hurry, they called it 'zero' and ask for your guidance.
a) This concept is too dangerous. We must hide it from the world and kill those "scholars", before Gods will punish us! (Mathematics is lost, it would be good to remove all scientist points generated so far, but they are none :think: Ok, it triggers "Scholars' hunt" spawning 3 barbarian Great Scientists, you lose faith per turn until those units are killed. )
b) I give 'zero' cares to it. (you no longer decides about tech research queue)
c) Oh, that's interesting. Let's divide something by it! (80% nothing happens, 5% your people are enlightmented +300 faith, 15% your empire collapse leaving you with one last city with one population and no buildings... you got the concept)
Mathematics' event/decision/happening.

Such work for one click.

Anyway, I noticed you finished text for set 12. Thanks a lot. I have almost done Goths, but it turned out that Firaxis was my-level lazy and didn't make SV icon for unique unit. And Barbarian Camp resists assigning SV icon to it as well...

I fixed Vikings, you can do it manually without uploading new version (match Diplo and DoM art names with code).

Spoiler :
Oh great Po Ngbe, our scholars have made a shocking discovery, the concept of number representing pure nothingness, describing the level of sympathy Jaguar feels to its prey. In the hurry, they called it 'zero' and ask for your guidance.
a) This concept is too dangerous. We must hide it from the world and kill those "scholars", before Gods will punish us! (Mathematics is lost, it would be good to remove all scientist points generated so far, but they are none Ok, it triggers "Scholars' hunt" spawning 3 barbarian Great Scientists, you lose faith per turn until those units are killed. )
c) Oh, that's interesting. Let's divide something by it! (80% nothing happens, 5% your people are enlightmented +300 faith, 15% your empire collapse leaving you with one last city with one population and no buildings... you got the concept)

Very funny.

Wow, that's a really impressive leaderscreen... it'd be perfect if it weren't from the whipped cream that's on one side of his head...

Wow, that's a really impressive leaderscreen... it'd be perfect if it weren't from the whipped cream that's on one side of his head...

Cannot be unseen but you are right removing a little of it would make it look less ridiculous delicious.

a) This concept is too dangerous. We must hide it from the world and kill those "scholars", before Gods will punish us! (Mathematics is lost, it would be good to remove all scientist points generated so far, but they are none :think: Ok, it triggers "Scholars' hunt" spawning 3 barbarian Great Scientists, you lose faith per turn until those units are killed. )

You know... seeing the events and decisions in other mods, this one doesn't even look too outlandish or out of place.

I am actually still thinking about not being able to choose tech researching. Something interesting can be done around that.

Goths are done; link.

UA: Can destroy World Wonders in captured cities for instant bonus.
(Gold bonus based on Production Cost of Wonder + one of the following:
a) Free tech
b) Free policy
c) Free great person
d) Golden Age
e) Terracota Army effect [land units])

UU: Spearman without Anti-Mounted promotion, but can choose to duplicate over picking promotion.

UI: Castra gothica - before Medieval Era cities gain +15% Production, when training Mounted, Archer and Melee units for every Castra gothica adjacent. Available instantly.

Yay, obsolete UI with no yields. Deal with it.

I don't want to see the AI in action with this one, I would probably gag seeing his negative GPT and his never ending carpet of doom clone army.

Top Bottom