LS Civilization Set

I like your leaderheads and wish you'd share how you do them.
I am gonna elaborate on my last response.

1. Google
Simply, you need good background and leader with 3Dfeel.
Actually, if you are not lucky that finding proper background is very hard task. Taking just shared Khmer scene, I used image from video of Angkor Thom's 3d reconstruction. Quite a luck, because such videos usually have useless perspective/camera.
Leader is usually much easier to do. Obviously, the more known civ, the better and more images you can find. I personally like statues, because they are usually historically adequate, 3D and not similar to existing leaders. 2D paintings... well, I am using some as well, but it's actually a lottery.
What if there is no materials. You are looking for 3D assets that will help you create a leader (knight model as a body), civ 4 stuff, civ 5 stuff (there are videos on youtube with every leader in HD). Obviously, civ 5 assets have to be edited more than others. Imagination, before I started working I had a concept of monumental Survayarman with hands widely open so the light of his glory can blind the mortal visiting him (+concept of cloth falling down from arms, which even worked out). I found proper pose in first civ 5 leader video (to not ruin, I am not gonna tell you names), stealing his arms. Cloths are actually the easiest part to modify (shape, colour, contrast). I didn't even bother to change Skirt a lot, did I? I took some part of Civ 4 Khmer leader and Khmer jewelry. Chest from some human 3d model.
Face. It is actually easy to just use civ 5 faces (especially eyes are helpful). Anyway, changing shape, colour, eyes, eyebrows, nose and lips (mix) should be enough to create fairly different person. Though, I didn't truely bother, because after several times, player no longer pay attantion to incoming leaderscenes (ignoring it more and more).

2. Photoshop
Ctrl + T - shape.
Contrast and Brightness.
Ctrl + U - colour/lightness/saturation (helpful in matching skin from two different bodies).
Smudge (?), blur, burn.
Layers, colour, multiply.

3. Other stuff
Well, the feel of shape, size and perspective is quite crucial. It is better for Leader to look nicely than historically adequate. I prefer Eyes to look upon player (but some official leaderscenes do not). Once finished, give it some time and then make final details/fixes. Work methodically (at the beginning it may be hard to see end of the work). It always nice to have some image as a concept.

I have seen Khmer's leader scene in game. Maybe not a Simeon or even previous version, but it is still pleasant to eyes.

Spoiler :

Here, I have a half done one. All body so far was done with 5 cloths images and 5 body parts. As a background, I will probably look for Far Cry HD screenshots.

Spoiler :

One of the reason you rarely see legs in LS Leader Screens, I find it kinda sad that LS neglects the art department because the truth is people pick mostly mods with good art.
Not nice. Never felt like I neglect art, but it seems that my art is so meh.
Doesn't matter that most custom leaderscenes have no feet visible.

I think LS's leaderscreens are of excellent quality, tbh. There are one or two that could stand improvement, but they do get updated. i.e. khmer
Feet or no feet.

If these mods are in any way under-subscribed, it probably has more to do with the fact that they are released in 3s, and many people don't know they can remove ones they don't want. Though this is just conjecturing, I agree that presentation on the steam workshop is probably the #1 determiner of subscribers after the identity of the civ, itself.

It's a rather pleasant improvement, I like. I'm getting Iroquois vibes from her somehow though...

lastsword, I downloaded your Civ pack(all of the sets at once) but when I choose them in the mod selection, no civ is appearing in the civil choose screen.
Sorry for my English.

lastsword, I downloaded your Civ pack(all of the sets at once) but when I choose them in the mod selection, no civ is appearing in the civil choose screen.
Sorry for my English.
I am not able to help you in this case.

I played two games; Hungary and Phoenicia.

Bugs found:
1) Romanian leader is muted (no text).
2) Phoenician UA is not working; database stuff. I am gonna update set III today. (Phoenicia will receive additional feature: when enter city screen, there will be information about current Luxury resource from Sea Market + turns left).

I played 200T with Hungary and only got one DoW. I wanted to test out Vegvar, but gathered too little info. Pikeman was destroyed by 3 attacks (reinassance era). Anyway, Vegvar strength will be reduced slightly. I actually enjoyed ruins from Barbarian Camps instead previous bonuses.

Tahitian leader scene looks good, Khmer got small changes.
Quiet Diplomacy is indeed mod of the year. Though, the mass offer for Luxury is still annoying.

@Edit Updates
Set III updated with fix to Phoenicia.
Set V updated:
Olmec nerf.
Olmec cityFocusType for puppets.
Units and Buildings now have Civilopedia and Strategy texts. (credits: hokath)

09 27 2014
Dropbox (sets 1-11): link

Set XIII (v3): link
  • Flanders
    • Robrecht III (Champagne Fairs) Each trade route to a City State grants a copy of the Tapestry Luxury Resource.
    • Goedendag (UU) - Unlike the Pikeman, which it replaces, the Goedendag receives both no movement penalty and a +33% combat bonus on Marsh Tiles. Upgrade into Musketman.
    • Commune (UI) [new]:
      • Available at Guilds.
      • Requires Marsh.
      • Cannot be built adjacent to other Commune.
      • +2 Food and +1 Production.
      • Gain extra yields for Quests fulfilled (up to 6).
  • Goths
    • Alaric (No City is eternal) Can destroy World Wonders in captured cities for instant bonus.
    • Gadrauht (UU) - Spearman replacement without Anti-Mounted promotion, but can choose to duplicate over picking promotion.
    • Stronghold (UB) [new] - walls replacement available instantly, +3 def, +30 HP, provides +2 Food and Culture when city is training Mounted, Melee or Archer units.
  • Switzerland [new]
    • Henri Dufour (Confoederatio Helvetica) - Wealth grants extra gold based on Production of your other cities and allied City-States.
    • Reislaufer (UU) - Pikeman replacement with 20 Combat Strength, earns 5 Gold each turn if is in friendly foreign territory and upgrade into Rifleman.
    • Watch Workshop (UB) - Windmill replacement, no terrain requirement and production bonus towards buildings. Provides 1 Swiss Watch luxury. Gain +5% Production per Swiss Watch exported (up to 25%).
  • Music and other stuff added. (Flemish text from hokath)

@LastSword

Flanders is TXTKeying after this latest update (with Switzerland). It wasn't at first release.

@LastSword

Flanders is TXTKeying after this latest update (with Switzerland). It wasn't at first release.
Manual fix:
1. Open: "Flanders Game Text Mod.xml"
2. Around line 377 delete two rows related to Sparta.

I was testing it without other mods. Sorry.
There is also fatal bug with Goths AI, but it is a bit too complicated to explain fix. Anyway, the version without those bugs is available on Steam.

Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but I was doing a test on the Hashashin civilization, and a rather strange occurrence happened:

I was playing as the Hashashin, and I had managed to get two Fida'i. Assyria had gone an conquered my island ally of Monaco and I decided to get some revenge. After freeing Monaco, I went to their lands with the more experienced of the two Fida'i, hoping to grind some levels and Generals off of it, along with a brigade of Galleas' to help support him. After killing some Siege Towers, I decided to go after the city proper, not only to get revenge, but to get a screenshot of the "Assassinate" Ability. It was here that the incident happened. When I got next to Assyria's capital, I pressed the button, and instantly, the city was completely destroyed. The name-plate still was visible, but the territory around it was gone, and the units fled like a city had been lost. When I tried it again with Assyria's other remaining city, it kicked Assyria from the game, as if I had captured all of their cities. I tested it on Korea, who was also in my game, just to see if it was restricted to Assyria, but it did the same thing. The ability only worked when a unit was in the city though, otherwise I didn't have the assassinate ability. Was this intended?

For some reason the Scythian's diplomacy has a bug, their first greeting is blank.

Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but I was doing a test on the Hashashin civilization, and a rather strange occurrence happened:

I was playing as the Hashashin, and I had managed to get two Fida'i. Assyria had gone an conquered my island ally of Monaco and I decided to get some revenge. After freeing Monaco, I went to their lands with the more experienced of the two Fida'i, hoping to grind some levels and Generals off of it, along with a brigade of Galleas' to help support him. After killing some Siege Towers, I decided to go after the city proper, not only to get revenge, but to get a screenshot of the "Assassinate" Ability. It was here that the incident happened. When I got next to Assyria's capital, I pressed the button, and instantly, the city was completely destroyed. The name-plate still was visible, but the territory around it was gone, and the units fled like a city had been lost. When I tried it again with Assyria's other remaining city, it kicked Assyria from the game, as if I had captured all of their cities. I tested it on Korea, who was also in my game, just to see if it was restricted to Assyria, but it did the same thing. The ability only worked when a unit was in the city though, otherwise I didn't have the assassinate ability. Was this intended?
Woah, so somebody is using Hashashins after all. It was disturbing me if time hadn't been wasted.
I founded an issue: MIU and MIC refers incorrectly to city and garrisoned unit. You can fix it manually by opening \code\"HashGarrMod.lua" and go to line 101. You have to change two lines to fix "MIC = iCity;", "MIU = jUnit;".
I am gonna try reupload fixed version later today. Thanks for reporting.

For some reason the Scythian's diplomacy has a bug, their first greeting is blank.
Yes, Romania has the same issue. I assume whole set VIII has no diplo text right now (probably I forgot to set UpdateDatabase for new files). Will be fixed in time, though it isn't the most gamebreaking bug. Thanks for reporting.

Woah, so somebody is using Hashashins after all. It was disturbing me if time hadn't been wasted.

I played with them and had a blast. As far as I'm concerned, it wasn't a waste of time at all. :)

I'll make sure to make a report after adjusting the code, but I was just wondering your thoughts on guides for your civs. I've done a couple of them, but before my post here I wasn't exactly sure about how to reach you. Now that I can, I would like to make sure it's clear as far as you're concerned. I'll take them down if they're an issue.

I'll make sure to make a report after adjusting the code, but I was just wondering your thoughts on guides for your civs. I've done a couple of them, but before my post here I wasn't exactly sure about how to reach you. Now that I can, I would like to make sure it's clear as far as you're concerned. I'll take them down if they're an issue.
I think you can do whatever you like.

Fixed Hashashins added to OP: link (same version).

Romania and Scythia fixed (steam only).

Set 12: Dropbox (!) and Steam Workshop links in OP.
Thanks Hiram, hokath and whoward for help.

There are some changes to what was available before (see Steam Workshop for details). 'Geonese AI support' triggered 6 times for 4 Genoese civs in 100 turns (quite medicore, but still success. I am not sure if Trade Routes aren't fully handled before PlayerDoTurn). AI can always randomly send Trade Route to proper city so it is not so bad (as Pathfinder...).

Umm, it feels good to make something that can be called with no doubts a civilization (Minoans of course). I think I am obligated to explain why I gave them such unorthodox UB. Situation is quite similar to Floating Garden's one (strong effect, but with requirement), I have gone further and make almost-wonder-like effect, but with even harder to meet requirement. Sooo, why? Because I can.

What is next, civilization that control allied City-State military units. You can only guess the name.

Top Bottom