Game Manual Download

PenskeFile

Chieftain
I apologize for the basic question I'm about to ask, but I'm at my wit's end.

How do you play this game!!!

I bought Civ3 at Wal-Mart last week for $9.99, but all I received is a box with the CD. I've looked everywhere for some documentation, but to no avail. I thought maybe the documentation would be in a .pdf on the disk, but nothing! Nothing on the official website, the tutorial and quick start on the game did not help. I didn't see anything in the downloads on this site and I didn't learn anything from the FAQ here.

Now, maybe the problem is me - I don't have any experience playing this type of game, but the press on this game is so good that I want to try it out.

Can someone please point me to where I can find a copy of the manual (I've gone through pages of google results), or to some third party documentation???

Thanks

One of the versions had a tutorial that you could play. I forget if it came with vanilla or with one of the addons. It should show up in the main screen.

There is a file here some where that is taken form the bonus Cd that was available with PTW or C3C that has a good how for many things as well.

Agreed. And vmxa, the tutorial is so horrible. It did not help me at all. The best way to learn to play is to read the basic War Academy articles. From their, work on being able to beat the computer on Warlord. Then delve deeper, into more sophisticated tactic and strategies.

Agreed. This forum is the best place. And the tutorial never help me either, but that could be due to the fact that I've first seen it when I could already beat Monarch... :lol:

Where the forums are fine for learning how best to play, but thye do not tell you how to do fundamental things. Like how to create structures, move units, sliders actions, found a town, look at city view and move citizens.

Things that a totally new players may not be familiar with doing. Forum articles help with strategies and how to win. Not if you do not realize how to mine a tile.

I believe Wal-Mart sold three CivIII's:
1) v.1.27 w/manual in book-sized box,
2) v.1.27 w/o manual in paperback book-sized box,
3) v.1.29 w/o manual in CD sized cardboard packaging.

I purchased #s 2) & 3) above from Wal-Mart; both have the MANUAL on the disc. I didn't find it until someone at CivFanatics showed me where it's at (on my WindowsXP): left click "Start" - left click "My Computer" - *right* click "D:" (or whatever your CD drive is) - left click "Open" - *double left click* "CivilizationIII.pdf" (this is your MANUAL).

EDIT: BTW, v.1.29 is indicated by the red and white "2K Games" logo in the lower right hand corner of the cover on #3) above. It's avail. at $9.99 and is definitely worth getting even if it means your recent purchase of v.1.27 sits on a shelf for posterity.

Top Bottom