I just dropped over 40 ICBMs

CrossTheRiver

Chieftain
On greece. it ruined the planet, and I lost. But those irritating greeks who STOLE ONE OF MY CITIES AND TORCHED IT payed.they had the second highest score when i did it, and not so much anymore.

CrossTheRiver said:
those irritating greeks who STOLE ONE OF MY CITIES AND TORCHED IT

Well, dropping 40 ICBMs sure was the only sensible answer :goodjob:

So far I only used nukes in one of my games (5 of them and also against greece) and it sure messed up Alexander's day:nuke:

DaEezT said:
Well, dropping 40 ICBMs sure was the only sensible answer :goodjob:

So far I only used nukes in one of my games (5 of them and also against greece) and it sure messed up Alexander's day:nuke:

I have a <twitch> anger <twitch><twitch> problem. <twitch><twitch><twitch><twitch>:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:D

I don't know, has ALexander ever been friendly with the human player? I've never seena game where the human dosn't want to crush him, and i've yet to see him happy with the human player.

TreeFoot said:
I don't know, has ALexander ever been friendly with the human player? I've never seena game where the human dosn't want to crush him, and i've yet to see him happy with the human player.

He's been friendly with me before. But since I always play as Cyrus the Great of Persian Empire, I had to pay him back for burning the Persepolis in real life history by cancelling my open borders treaty with Alexander when i had galleons full of offensive and siege units right outside of his cultural borders. That was a fun invasion.

I used to do that in Civ III sometimes. If I was at the end of the game that I was obviously going to win, like one turn from finishing Spaceship, or almost at domination limit, and an AI was still around that I didn't like too much, I would build up a huge amount of ICBMs and just fling them around the planet at every city that I didn't owned. So much fun.

I Used Nuke pretty often to speed up the end game of a conquest in Civ III when it doesnt bother to piss off other country anymore...(either too weak to do something about it or a sole survivor) but Inca felt once my Mighty Rage after 'trying to nuke me'. It was stopped by SDI defense... didnt do dommage... but they tried... and that was a crime that didnt go unpunished... I NUKED every tiles on their mighty Islands.... :nuke: :nuke:
:satan::banana: JOY!!!!!

It was really pleasing reconforting and orange!!!!

In Civ IV I'm still in Medieval but Peter (if he survives that long) will be recorded in history has the first B***CH that I nuke!!!!!!! :lol:
:crazyeye: :goodjob: :coffee:

TreeFoot said:

Alexander wasn't even Greek. He was Macedonian. His father conquered Greece and when Boy Alex took over he burned whole cities to the ground to consolidate his hold on power. Then he sacks half the civilized world with Macedonian cavalry and Greek (mercenary) phalangite infantry and we're stuck with him as everyone's image of Greece. A fascist dictatorship run by a lunatic. Wonderful.

The game needs a second Greek leader. Pericles would be perfect - a peaceful builder. If they need an aggressive leader there's Leonidas or Alcibiades... anyone but Alexander.

Ruffin said:
Alexander wasn't even Greek. He was Macedonian. His father conquered Greece and when Boy Alex took over he burned whole cities to the ground to consolidate his hold on power. Then he sacks half the civilized world with Macedonian cavalry and Greek (mercenary) phalangite infantry and we're stuck with him as everyone's image of Greece. A fascist dictatorship run by a lunatic. Wonderful.

The game needs a second Greek leader. Pericles would be perfect - a peaceful builder. If they need an aggressive leader there's Leonidas or Alcibiades... anyone but Alexander.

He wasnt Greek but... where do you put him in a Civ game... Macedenians were more barbarian than a civ big enough to even be consider and a games like Civ without the greatest Occidental Conquerer would be a shame...
And in some ways he won his empire in Greek names, he has greek tutor, Greek writers and a largerly part of his army was Greek!!! so even if he wasnt born Greek.. he conquer under Greek influence through out!!! And couldnt be in any other civs present in Civ IV

I agree that Greek would need another leader.. cause they are consider more Peacefull in general than conquerors like in Alexander's era. But having Alexander in the game is a must so!!! And I'm sure in a way that when some expansion comes, we will have more leaders and some civ back like Scandinavians and Celt or even Hitties or some forgotten ones, new ones!!!!

Ruffin said:

Alexander was indeed Greek, read some history my friend, Macedonias always thought themselves as Greeks

kavala79 said:
Alexander was indeed Greek, read some history my friend, Macedonias always thought themselves as Greeks
But Greeks thought of them as barbarians.

Khan got uppity with me in my last game, so I nuked him 5 times.......course, the cheeky bastard shot down 2 of them, then passed a Non-proliferation treaty which stopped my production of 5 more.

LOL

Non-proliferation shouldn't stop me from making my own, just shouldn't let me give them to others.....

:nuke:

He was cheating anyway, I razed all his improvements to the ground with mechinized infantry and modern armor, yet he still managed to build 40+ units in his city around it with ease and defend the city (with cannon and horse archers against tanks and marines..... :crazyeye: )

Ruffin said:

dude before alexander and the macedonians there was no greek state... they were just cities who had similar beliefs and spent more time fighting each other than they did anething else. its a wonder that the persians couldnt take advantage of the political situation in greece and have conquered it well before alexander and his father

I have had no problem with Alex, but I normally manage to convert him to my religion pretty quickly, even had him vote me into a diplo victory, japan on the other hand :mad:

TreeFoot said:

ive not had any problems with him... hes not in my pocket... but hes definitly friendly to me.. and so far nowhere near enough for me to worry about... thankfully egypt *IS* in my pocket.. which is a good thing since i compelty surround them now after a mutual war with another nation.... lol.. the map started me in the center of all the nations surounding me sorta... im spread across the equator and parts of the southern hemisphere.. with egypt and another one totally surrounded by me... i like egypt and make sure shes my friend.. the other one im going to have to shred fairly soon though so i wont have to fight a war on at least 3 should they try to ally... thankfully they decided to follow their own religion and wont convert... so they shouldnt get too many allies... one of these days i expect a religious war of jewish vs bhuddism maybe... thankfully the top 3 nations are all jewish and the another 2 are in the middle with only one very weak jewish nation... and i have their holy city :)

Alcibiades as a leader of the Greeks is not a good idea---he never actually did anything. A good general, sure, but he was a major cause of the fall of athens (i.e. arguing for the invasion of Sicily). helped them survive a little longer than they might have in the end, but he betrayed them a couple times along the way and was a drunk weirdo (but that's neither here nor there). And I like Alcibiades. still hee doesn't represent anything of the "great" ancient Greece. Pericles I could give you but he never ruled "Greece" so that doesn't make sense. Alexander is of course the only appropriate Greek leader---you must have a Greek civilization because the Greek-cultured Macedonian Empire (and by having a Greek culture they were Greek---exactly the definition that the Greeks used) ruled so much of the world. And the only leader in Greek history to a) rule Greece and b) rule a Greece significant enough to be civilization in the game is Alexander. Not sure what his bad traits have to do with his not being in the game. And not sure what your definition of Greek is because the only one the Ancient Greeks had was speaking Greek (hence, barbarian---one who says "bar bar bar" not Greek) and Alexander spoke Greek. The Greeks who called them barbarians were people like Demosthenes, those who didn't want to get taken over. Anyway, not worth discussing really.

Long story short, Alexander would nuke you if he could (accurate of his personality I'd say) so having him in the game and having him getting nuked so much seems to make sense.

Leonidas was not an aggressive leader---I can't think of a less aggressive leader. The Spartans were as little aggressive as they come---they hated to go on campaign, always didn't want to.

Wrong forum though....

and Pericles wasn't a peaceful builder---he was extremely aggressive, consolidating a rather brutal Athenian empire.

Top Bottom