Muscogee Confederacy

Ok. so the trait doesn't have errors anymore, but only some of the print text is working. Progress IS being made though.

I had an idea for a new UA, might suit the Muscogee a lot more, what with their diplomatic history.

UA: Four Mothers Society
Having a Diplomat in another Civilization's city decreases the Gold and Culture costs of acquiring new tiles by 5% (up to 25%) and gives you an additional trade route.

That's why i've decided against it and after all this time DJSHenninger has helped me (again) with what my issue was with the LUA.

I called the dummy building the wrong name. :crazyeye:

So i'm basically ALMOST done with the Muscogee trait and just need to wait on Unit Art and maybe some help with Events and Decisions.

Did somebody say Events and decisions!:D
Idea time!

Decision: Encourage Foreign Marriage Alliances
If the daughters of our mico were to marry the traders of other nations we would secure valuable trade partners as well as a future generation of micalgi as magistrates.
Costs: 200 culture
Cost: -2 population in the capital
Requires you to have met another civ
May not be enacted in the ancient era
May only be enacted once
Rewards: A great merchant appears
Rewards: Receive 2 magistrates

Decision: Establish the Law Menders
Now that we have established our law code, we should establish a force of men to protect it and our homelands from violation
Cost: 2 Magistrates
Costs: # of units x 30 culture
Requires: Code of laws must have been built as well as the judiciary court
May only be enacted once
May not be enacted in the ancient era
Rewards: 1 mounted unit and 2 melee units appear at the capital ( matinence free) witth 33% combat in friendly territory and -25% in foreign. Scales with era ( 2/3 medieval, 3/4 Renaissance and beyond)

Unique cultural influence: Our people are now marrying into your clans and calling me micalgi ( lesser chief)!:cry:

Civil 4 traits: maybe protective and financial?

Just wondering, will the UA apply to internal trade routes as well? And have younp considered starting near a source of deer?
Phew, a lot of words there, can't wait for the civil!

I think its just trade routes to other civilizations.
I'd love those events and decisions but i suck at code. I'll look into it.

Just wondering, will the UA apply to internal trade routes as well? And have younp considered starting near a source of deer?
Phew, a lot of words there, can't wait for the civil!

UA, at least the +10% science per trade route, only works for international trade routes. I tested this :)

BTW, Firebug, did the "bonus from trade routes to the city" work?

I looked at Novgorod by JFD and it was
Code:
numTradeRoutesToPlayer

Muscogee's trait is working now.

I'm going to add the free deer to capital soon. And i'm just waiting on Unit Art.

Thank you both for your replys! Did you ever figure out your free mico cap? Just wondering.
I hear you on the code thing, if it would be of any help I could compile the code for the decisions from their sources, as i base my decisions off others generally, ( sans the "meeting other civs" which is only based off a lua function, but probably unnecessary anyway) its just time and lack of ability prevents me from string it together and testing it though.:(( at least that's what I tell myself so I can sleep at night:sad:, but I shall improve!:rockon:)

Thank you both for your replys! Did you ever figure out your free mico cap? Just wondering.
I hear you on the code thing, if it would be of any help I could compile the code for the decisions from their sources, as i base my decisions off others generally, ( sans the "meeting other civs" which is only based off a lua function, but probably unnecessary anyway) its just time and lack of ability prevents me from string it together and testing it though.:(( at least that's what I tell myself so I can sleep at night:sad:, but I shall improve!:rockon:)

I tried making 4 micos for free but the system used for the 4 free shrines, that someone said i should check out, uses a lot of fancy custom coding. So it broke eveeeerything when i tried it.
Should i just make it so you don't get any free? The issue with that would then be you wouldn't get the Mico without going to war, which is an issue.
Maybe i'll make the Mico free for every city but nerf it.

I do think getting a free mico for every city might be op, but no pressure, totally your choice for what's best. ( ain't authorship grand:))Here's some lua-less ideas for setting caps

Gain a free mico upon researching certain techs
Tie them to the national wonders, and set a UB with the exact same name, ( free mico from palace, heroic epic, 2 from national epic)
Create a unique building that gives a mico/micos but can only be built x amount of times, like wonders
Most drastically, create a normal unit mico that can't build citidels and set max instances.

Just my 2 ¢

Gain a free mico upon researching certain techs
Tie them to the national wonders, and set a UB with the exact same name, ( free mico from palace, heroic epic, 2 from national epic)
Just my 2 ¢
my favourite options. Researching techs might work with the idea of gaining technology from trade too.

Its now been a year since i started work on this, and theres no sign of civitar and his unit graphic he was making.

Do i finish the mod without custom unit art, find an inaccurate placeholder, or redesign the UU?

A sadder story then Palmyra.
More then a year now!

Didn't even know this thread existed. Is the UU model really the only thing missing? I don't think there'd be a problem with releasing it without it, unless there's other stuff you need to change due to it being outdated now.

I have a UU model I plan on using for my version of the Muscogee, but it's a different unit.

Didn't even know this thread existed. Is the UU model really the only thing missing? I don't think there'd be a problem with releasing it without it, unless there's other stuff you need to change due to it being outdated now.

So much could probably do with changes.

And ldvhl, one of my plans was to change the UU. Perhaps we could discuss some stuff on steam.

So much could probably do with changes.

And ldvhl, one of my plans was to change the UU. Perhaps we could discuss some stuff on steam.

Yeah man, ping me any time you see me on.

Top Bottom