City Defense after nuking

Torodeboro

Chieftain
What happens to a city's defence once it got nuked?
I am sort of plannning of doing this soon on Assyria's capital, because it is a very valuable wonderful city, but with the defence they have there is no way to take it with "just" units.

So, what's the effect of nuking a capital and what's the big difference between the atom bomb and the nuclear missile in this case?

Spoiler :

Moderator Action: Moved to BNW.

You'll need a few nukes for this baby.

Really? How works the mechanism of destroying defense with nukes?

First- please tell me that wasn't a nuke while you are still on rifles and second- 149:c5strength:? at that era...

Don't worry I can already build infantry, but haven't upgraded that guy overthere. ;)
Yea, well, he built all defensive buildings, some defensive wonders plus he has some defensive beliefs.

But indeed. A strong city it is... :p

His units are dead, except the aircraft. Maybe you can get it with artillery and /or battleships? you will be out of range.

It will drop a few points because population will drop. Afaik, buildings will still be in place, so don't expect dramatic changes. City health will probably go down by like one third.

It will drop a few points because population will drop. Afaik, buildings will still be in place, so don't expect dramatic changes. City health will probably go down by like one third.

I see. So that's going to take me like 3 nukes to take that city.. :p Wow. He arranged that pretty well with a defence of 149. If I want to do it with artillery I problably will need 10 or something of them.

The wonders of civ: We are building weapons that can destroy the planet thrice over but we havent discovered railroads yet :lol:

I think defense doesnt change. The pop will be decimated and the units stationed there me thinks. A nuclear missile always destroys all stationed aircraft and missiles in a city.

Disclaimer after the nuking: Come visit beautiful Assur, visit the TazMahal, and the Temple of Artemis (its that isnt it?).
Feed four meter irradiated fire breathing lizards, and gaze in the glow of the craters left after the 1895 bombing!

I am going to rethink this attack, but probably going to install like 10 artillery and give the final hit with a nuclear missile.

Why? You're better opening with nuclear strikes than artillery strikes.

After 3 nukes the city may not be worth having, with like 3 population, fallout everywhere, and starving. It'd be a hazard to even take your units to the city just to cap it. He obviously isn't a competitor at this point, it might just be a better idea to let him wallow in his fallout.

You can always position 5 battleships to coast to the north. If the city producing them can give them promotions as far as the range upgrade they can bombard it for 10 or so turns safely then move in some tanks to capture it. I would still commit with the rocket artillery though.

After 3 nukes the city may not be worth having, with like 3 population, fallout everywhere, and starving. It'd be a hazard to even take your units to the city just to cap it. He obviously isn't a competitor at this point, it might just be a better idea to let him wallow in his fallout.

I'm surprised the city isn't starving already. It looks like all the farmland around it has been bombed and shelled to hell.

Just bring alot of 3 rng artillery and battleships then it'll eventually drop it's hp to 0 and you can walk in with any unit. Sure a unit of yours that walk in will survive with 1 hp left but a city with 0 hp left is an automatic victory for melee unit.

Even when you attack the city with a warrior from ancient era.

City 0 hp? The warrior wins every time.

Eventually with help of the Ottomans I captured the city without a nuke, but with battleships and artillery. Unfortunately the Iroquios (whatever you spell that name xd) are a big runaway and produce a massive amount of tourism. I have got some atomb bombs now and placed them on my carrier on his way to their continent. Problem though is that the Iroquios are loved by all mighy civilizations in the world and I have still a DOF with them.. xd

Top Bottom