Boring Victory.. Please patch!

Zaimejs

Emperor
The worst thing about this game is the hours spent playing only to be rewarded by this simple silly splash screen. No warning. No anything. Not even a good victory song or anything.

I just had a fun Poland game going. I had won Russia over with my culture... and suddenly, about 20 turns later, I won with everyone on my side. I had no idea it was coming. Meh.

Please patch this. Give us a reason to finish games. Some surprises. Individual victory screens for each Civ and each type of victory! I'd love to see some of them do a victory dance. Celebration. Dressed in the garb of the era you win in! Standing in your capital surrounded by your great works. Anything. ANYTHING!

I'm not sure if you realize how much work that would be... Each leader screen takes a ton of time do create, plus you need to get someone to speak in each leader screen. To put it in perspective, what you asked would require them to develop 1,720 SCENES (43 leaders, 5 victory conditions, 8 eras). There are about 1,720 things I'd rather them spend their time on then seeing a leader cheer for something I've known was going to happen for multiple turns.

On that note, the game does have pop ups that tell you when you're influential with another civ and when you're approaching a Culture Victory. I'm surprised to won culturally if you weren't aware of your influence with anyone else frankly.

What I WOULD love for CIV to have, is a way to show a quick summary of your game at the end, sort of like CIV IV where you could see a fast-forward of each civ's cities and progress. Important events could pop up as well. It will be a great way to see what you've done.

CIV has the replay function you want. Its not as good as Civ iv's, but it is there as one of the option under replay on the victory screen.

CIV has the replay function you want. Its not as good as Civ iv's, but it is there as one of the option under replay on the victory screen.

Yeah, it's a shame. I used to love watching the notifications, and the map, and the graphs, all at the same time in Civ 4.

Cheers.

Yes... loved Civ IV victories. I was just kidding about the dancing leaders... it would be fun, but not necessary. What about a pyramid with your leader standing on top of the others. I love the guillotine... was that Civ IV or II?

Wonder videos would be great.

Yeah civ 3 had awesome aftergame gags. Like everyone beaten or all leaders love you.

I too miss the videos for wonders and victory conditions. They dont have to be uber advanced or anything for the wonders. I dont think i will ever forget this wonder video.

I also think the Civ 4 conquest victory was pretty cool, and often kept me going whilst hunting down the last of the civs to capitulate (which involves a lot of tedious movement of units when the game is effectively won).

The Civilizations series has always been about the journey, not the destination. :old:

Prettier and more complex graphs and tables would be a very nice bonus, but otherwise i'm satisfied with the final splashscreen. Just playing the game itself is rewarding enough for me :)

And although i liked the wonder animations in Civ IV, i simply adore the paintings of wonders in Civ V. I've had some of them as wallpapers on my laptop for quite a long time :)

Wonder Animations looked pretty bad to me in Civ IV. I prefer the Art Pictures of Wonders as well many other things in the game. What I would like to see is leaders looking differently every few eras, just like in Civ III.

Oh, you're right. The splash screens for the great artists, writers, and musicians are amazing. I forgot to give due props for those. As a teacher, I love to see those, and I'd love to find a way to share all of them with my students.

but why didn't they do those for the World Wonders, too?

And yes, the simple animation at the end where you can see your empire grow like Civ IV would be great. Didn't some 3rd party make a mod that did that? If there is a mod for it, why wouldn't the powers that be adopt that?

If you dispute the coolness of this video, you'll be the next target. :cool:

There could be both pictures and videos for the wonders; the video would end in a still and it'd slowly become a painting... Even cooler than a pic or vid alone, although obviously some extra work would be required.

And yes, the simple animation at the end where you can see your empire grow like Civ IV would be great. Didn't some 3rd party make a mod that did that? If there is a mod for it, why wouldn't the powers that be adopt that?

See RonMar's post above - this is already in the game. When you finish, click the 'Replay' tab on the Victory splash screen and select 'Map' from the available dropdown options. Then 'Play' and you'll be able to watch your empire grow on the map.

It's not as detailed as it was in Civ IV but it is there.

There are tons of easy ways to make the victory screen more epic in my opinion:

-A good/epic victory tune
-Make the screen full-screen
-Good and plenty end-game graphs. -> Age of Empires and the previous Civs did it perfectly..
end-game graphs and especially the map are just pathetic in Civ V (specifically the fact the cultural borders extent over the water, completely ruining the world map)

It is fun to watch all those numbers after playing a match of Age of Empires which mostly lasts an half hour.Civ matches take me weeks to complete. I WANT AS MUCH AS END GAME INFO AS POSSIBLE.

a change to the victory screen is certainly needed. I don't care how simplistic it is. A simplistic improvement still is and remains an improvement!

The Civilizations series has always been about the journey, not the destination. :old:

And the Civ series has always celebrated the destination far better then Civ V. There are many things that could be done that are not developer time intensive, that would give a greater sense of accomplishment at the end game IMO.

If you dispute the coolness of this video, you'll be the next target. :cool:

Be great if someone would do a mod where the best vids from all the old civs are put together. ..... if that's even possible...

I don't even plan to play Civ II, but I'm almost considering it just for that.

Top Bottom