What needs fixing before we release v35

Apparently I have your crashes to investigate :(

1. im done with these. I leave some civilzations what they are.

2. I start these changes because most of my work from last months (skins and models) was disabled in mod and never enabled.

1. im done with these. I leave some civilzations what they are.

2. I start these changes because most of my work from last months (skins and models) was disabled in mod and never enabled.

He was talking to me, i have a few things in the bugs/crashes thread . . . ;)
Yeah, sorry forgot to quote SO since I WAS talking to him... though if it ends up being an art problem I'll be sure to let ya know ;)

I have the following things to add/update

- further improved Adviser code by Platyping, it wont make as big an improvement in the speed of late game turns as the one already there
- updated the Natural Wonders code, the one we have is ancient and has a known but infrequent bug when discovering the Great Barrier Reef.
- Fred Slaves can join city (as food)
- minor tweaks to animal myths
- new vicinity concept (and I thought improved concepts for the animals but that has disappeared)

I should be back tomorrow. Do I put them on the SVN for the release or wait until the next version?

I have the following things to add/update

- further improved Adviser code by Platyping, it wont make as big an improvement in the speed of late game turns as the one already there
- updated the Natural Wonders code, the one we have is ancient and has a known but infrequent bug when discovering the Great Barrier Reef.
- Fred Slaves can join city (as food)
- minor tweaks to animal myths
- new vicinity concept (and I thought improved concepts for the animals but that has disappeared)

I should be back tomorrow. Do I put them on the SVN for the release or wait until the next version?

Pls get them in now, thx. Got to wait for sparth anyways for 5-6 days also.

Just asking: how far away is the fix to the Resources tab of the Foreign Advisor?

Just want to say that despite my wishes, having just finished a game on V33, take all the time you need. I feel V34 was rushed and deleted it and went back to v33. I'd rather see a playable v35 in 6 months than a broken v35 tomorrow. I've been a lurker here since about v25 but wanted to come say something and also throw a few inputs out at the appropriate spots.

No one is working on it so it is infinitely far away.

So which source file is this in please? (I read Python about as well as I read German, but miracles do happen - and Python is easier to pick up...)

So which source file is this in please? (I read Python about as well as I read German, but miracles do happen - and Python is easier to pick up...)

Python\Screens folder two files CvExoticForeignAdvisor.py and CvForeignAdvisor.py

Will trade routes be changed in order to ease performance in v35 or it'll remain for v36?

No evidence has been presented that suggests that there is a problem and profiling has not indicated it to be a major contributor to performance. Probably because of the changes we have done to trade routes over the versions to support C2C features.

The change RoM:AND is going with is most likely not suitable for C2C because of all the parts of C2C reliant on trade routes. For example the Crime and Disease properties.

Will trade routes be changed in order to ease performance in v35 or it'll remain for v36?

That change will be in v36 or later, but for gameplay and not for performance reasons.
I wonder why everybody thinks trade routes have a big performance impact because i never saw any proof or test results.

What Afforess is doing with AND and Trade is separating AND more from C2C. His goal is still less is more. And the Connectedness experiment is yet an ongoing process for AND.

AS DH and alberts2 have posted, don't expect C2C to follow AND in this area. I don't.

JosEPh

Oxford University wonder has -150 :gold: it is a bug i thik. Should be -15 :gold:

Top Bottom