What happens when you attempt to citadel steal a citadel?

Resident Mario

Warlord
If I build a citadel and someone else builds one next to mine, does citadinception happen? I imagine the mechanics behind this would be fairly relevant in MP games...

Also relevant, any insight on what poor Shaka is doing here, or is it just generic AI weirdness (he later built a third one right on top of the other two):

Attachments

• 2013-12-16_00001.jpg
    2013-12-16_00001.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 434
If you build a citadel and someone builds one adjacent to yours, it subsequently falls in "their" territory.

I believe, also, as forts, citadels can be constructed on a tile bordering but exterior to your cultural border. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

If I build a citadel and someone else builds one next to mine, does citadinception happen? I imagine the mechanics behind this would be fairly relevant in MP games...

Also relevant, any insight on what poor Shaka is doing here, or is it just generic AI weirdness (he later built a third one right on top of the other two):

I have seen AI drop 7 citadel in a chain.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

If you build a citadel and someone builds one adjacent to yours, it subsequently falls in "their" territory.

I believe, also, as forts, citadels can be constructed on a tile bordering but exterior to your cultural border. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Just tested this, it works, and now I feel like a bloody idiot for not having read the tooltip before and assuming you had to be in bounds.

If you ever see the build recommendations for Citadels, it's clear the AI has no idea what they're for...

Hmmm, if you captured one of them, would it then make the land around it yours too? If so, then judging from half the screenshots of them I've seen, there should be a pretty nice domino effect going on :3

Citadels in your land, regardless how they got in your land are your citadels so inflict damage to your enemies units.

I've often wondered, if a citadel in your territory is occupied by an enemy unit, do they still take damage every turn?

Top Bottom