Do these two types of responses make any difference to the AI leader at all?

Socratatus

Emperor
When an AI Leader gets a little annoyed with you, you tend to have two responses. these are:

1. `Get over it`. the rude response.

and

2. `I`m sorry that this has caused a rift between us.`

Do these two types of responses make any difference to the AI leader at all? If I say 1, does the AI leader get a little angrier with me suffering a negative modifier? If I say number 2, does this make the AI more lenient and forgiving?

Currently I think only 1 situation where these responses actually matter and that is when AI's come up to you bragging that they demand tribute or attacked your city states. In any other cases it really doesn't matter what responses you click. Could use improvement!

I always thought "Get over it" would lead to -1 attitude, or something of that nature, while the other response would not (but would have some other ramification).

Most of the time, though, I don't care and just select one based on how I feel about that civ in-game.

It seems like it'd be relatively easy to code in, too. Just make it a mark against you in the diplo screen or something.

I always choose the `Sorry` option even if I don`t mean it. But sometimes I chose `get over it` and it didn`t seem to make any difference at all, in fact the leader was nice next turn.

Hard to tell if I`m wasting my time or not.

If I'm reading the GlobalAIDiplomacyDefines.XML correctly, it does nothing. Actually, they didn't even mention it. You'd also be surprised at how little accepting an embassy actually gives you: 1 positive modifier. You need 60 to be considered their ally. Just a little fun fact.

If responding to an insult or one AI slagging off another one you've been dealing with, then no. The responses have the same outcome.

If they're approaching you about bullying a CS you're protecting, or having been caught stealing a tech, then you will incur a small diplo modifier based on the choice you make.

If responding to an insult or one AI slagging off another one you've been dealing with, then no. The responses have the same outcome.

That`s a pity. There should be some kind of modifier even if tiny, just to make the choice mean something.

Top Bottom