Most Anticipated New Civilization

Which civilization do you anticipate the most in the new expansion?

• Netherlands

Votes: 91 24.8%
  • Mayans

Votes: 60 16.3%
  • Byzantines

Votes: 72 19.6%
  • Carthaginians

Votes: 69 18.8%
  • Celts

Votes: 75 20.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparthage

Fighting Tyranny
Okay, so of the five civilizations that we know will be included in the new expansion, which are you looking forward to the most?

Options:
Netherlands
Mayans
Celts
Byzantines
Carthage

I personally am looking forward to the Carthaginians the most. I've always loved to destroy Rome without mercy as their historical worst enemy.

Of course, I'm also looking forward to the Celts and Byzantines since they were also fun in the older versions of Civ.

Carthage, depending on how it is handled. Byzantines for religion.

Voted Netherlands, I like implementing of a Civ that has quite different unique abilities (so far as we know) from the rest, the ship that robs ports and captures other ships sounds fun and so does the turning wetlands to profit. I'm planning to create a true trade empire with them and go heavy with espionage. :)

Byzantines may by the first new civ I play, just so I can get used to this new religion thing.

Yeah, I think I'll probably play as the Byzantines, but put Carthage and the Celts in the game. With 9 Civs, I might play a game with all 9 (standard map, but slightly more crowded).

Netherlands - really want to try the new naval combat system. Plus the "stealing from other ships" sounds promising.

Since I don't know how the civs will be implemented, I'm undecided.
For my first game, I'll pick whichever new civ is best suited to exploit new game mechanics. Either Celts or Byzantines for religion, or a new civ that specializes in espionage.
I also look forward to trample my enemies with Cataphracts, but that depends on the Byzantines getting a Cataphracts UU.

Byzantines, purely because I wanna see which leader they picked, we need moar female leaders.

The others are fun too. I cna't wait for leader music!

Maya of course! Whether we end up as a City State based Civ, Religious, Economic, or Scientific (We can really go any way), the Maya are always a fun civ to play!

I may rename some cities to some more Kaqchikel related names though for my personal flavor.

I will play the Maya probably 60-80% of the time from then on!

You forgot to include an "other" choice. There are still four other civs that we do not know the identities.

Voted Netherlands, I like implementing of a Civ that has quite different unique abilities (so far as we know) from the rest, the ship that robs ports and captures other ships sounds fun and so does the turning wetlands to profit. I'm planning to create a true trade empire with them and go heavy with espionage. :)

Netherlands - really want to try the new naval combat system. Plus the "stealing from other ships" sounds promising.

Same.
They are probably a lot more unique than the already existing civs and the other 8 included in the expansion.

You forgot to include an "other" choice. There are still four other civs that we do not know the identities.
I didn't forget, that was on purpose. I don't want people to vote 'other' because they weren't satisfied with the announced civs. Once we know a couple more, I might make a new poll including those.

Mayans, due to my general preference for native American/Pacific civs.
I must say, though, the Celts are a close second.

Since I don't know how the civs will be implemented, I'm undecided.
For my first game, I'll pick whichever new civ is best suited to exploit new game mechanics. Either Celts or Byzantines for religion, or a new civ that specializes in espionage.
I also look forward to trample my enemies with Cataphracts, but that depends on the Byzantines getting a Cataphracts UU.

I have difficulty imagining them not having Cataphracts. They pretty much just need them. As a Horsemen or a Knight replacement though? Difficult to know. Perhaps just a knight that comes earlier.

Their second UU will probably be a fire breathing trireme (forgot the name). Mostly due to awesomeness and cos they were in Civ3 iirc. Or they could get a UB. In which case I hope they ditch the boring hippodrome from Civ4 and give them a wall replacement. The only reason they survived that long is because the walls of Constantinople were incredibly strong. Maybe a wall that has two or three times the strength of normal walls would be good.

I have difficulty imagining them not having Cataphracts. They pretty much just need them. As a Horsemen or a Knight replacement though? Difficult to know. Perhaps just a knight that comes earlier.

Their second UU will probably be a fire breathing trireme (forgot the name). Mostly due to awesomeness and cos they were in Civ3 iirc. Or they could get a UB. In which case I hope they ditch the boring hippodrome from Civ4 and give them a wall replacement. The only reason they survived that long is because the walls of Constantinople were incredibly strong. Maybe a wall that has two or three times the strength of normal walls would be good.

Given the unique ability with a religion component, I agree it'll likely be a Cataphract and Fireship (they might call it a Dromon again, but I believe a Dromon was technically a different ship).

That being said, a lot depends on other civs. For instance, Carthage might also be a good candidate for a ship, but I don't see two Trireme replacements as likely.

I agree that a Hippodrome is not all that likely. However, I could see good synergy with a Cataphract should they go that route for some reason.

By the way, to Dutch people, here in Finland I've seen on the news sometimes this Dutch political party leader with this crazy, impossible mane of blond hair. Now that would be crazy leader for Dutch, but I guess the place is taken by William I. :p

By the way, to Dutch people, here in Finland I've seen on the news sometimes this Dutch political party leader with this crazy, impossible mane of blond hair. Now that would be crazy leader for Dutch, but I guess the place is taken by William I. :p

Geert Wilders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom