Duplicate Icons

I noticed that the Naturopathy tech and the Eden Project both use the same icon. I'd like to use this icon for Eden Project instead. It's Fall from Heaven 2's Vitalize spell.

View attachment 398514

I agree. It doesn't look very spring/summery at all.

I'll see what else I can find. FFH 2 has some others that might be possible, and I'm still looking at the sci-fi buttons pack.

I'll see what else I can find. FFH 2 has some others that might be possible, and I'm still looking at the sci-fi buttons pack.

Have you considered just changing the colour balance of that one? I have tried increasing the green and decreasing the yellow.

Attachments

• eden_greener.png
    eden_greener.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 120
Have you considered just changing the colour balance of that one? I have tried increasing the green and decreasing the yellow.

I don't like that very much. That looks flat-out bizarre to me, like a project for terraforming another world. I think I would like something a bit more stylized so that it looks like an actual Project and like it belongs to the Transhuman Era.

It is a great icon for the invading Scrinn to tiberium-form Earth :lol:

No offense, but still not eden-ish :)

I'm still trying to find a good replacement for Eden Project. I came across this one when I was looking through the Multiverse mod. I think it's visually distinct enough that it would make a good replacement. Or we could use this for something else, like the Paradise civic and swap Paradise's button over to Eden.
View attachment 398705

Also, Weather Control tech and Storms use the same button. I think we should use this one for Storms instead.
View attachment 398704

Dove button to me says paradise. Eden to me is more a vista of green trees, fields etc. A landscape.

+1

I think the Paradise icon does suit the civic's concept, but it'd also make a great icon for Eden as well IMO. The Dove icon suggested would work well for Paradise, so it could be a suitable replacement while the current one is moved over to the Eden Project.

One last possibility for Eden Project is to leave the Project alone and change the Naturopathy icon. I found this one in Pie's Ancient Europe as a Pharmacy tech. Do you think this would work better than switching around Eden Project?

View attachment 398794

Here's something else I noticed while looking for duplicates. Units can have different art definitions by civilization. A civilization has a UNIT_ARTSTYLE, and CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml can call a different art definition for a given artstyle and unit. The art definition of a unit includes its button. The unusual thing is that in the F1 screen buttons, the different button is not used, but in the production popup, it is. I discovered through searching all the XML that the CARAVEL_MESO art definition (Mesoamerican Caravel, used for Aztec, Inca, and Maya) has the same art button as regular Triremes and Mesoamerican Triremes, but the buttons are different on the F1 screen and the production popup.

F1 screen: Caravel uses regular Caravel button.
View attachment 398795

Production popup: Caravel uses Trireme button.
View attachment 398796

I think in this case it will be best to use the same Caravel button for all Caravels, but it seems odd that the special button isn't used on the F1 screen. I don't think it is something I can fix.

@Vokarya: Do you think it's in the DLL?

What's the current Naturopathy/Eden project icon?

Top Bottom