Reform and Rule

Resurrection, I would recommend the following steps (you may have already done some of them):

1) Clear your cache.
2) Use steam to validate your local files.
These steps should ensure your copy of civ is working.

3) Enable just RR and see if it crashes the same way you've been seeing.
4) Add another mod in and edit RR's modInfo file to have that mod as a reference. That way RR will load last and none of its database triggers will trigger.
----------------
If you don't want to do all of those steps, I would recommend adding references when testing multiple mods together. You may be experiencing something that only happens when the mods are loaded in a specific order.

I did steps 1 through 3. I can say for certain that it's not 100% RR's fault. I would say that some sort of combination of Reform and Rule, Really Advanced Setup, and InfoAddict is causing an issue.

How do I add another mod as a reference?

You'll need to edit the modInfo file with notepad. You can find it in the Reform and Rule folder in your civ 5 mods directory. Search for the following chunk (example from RR v 19):
Code:
  <References>
    <Mod id="a235544c-5145-487e-8fa4-ae4f0e12d587" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Cities of Marble (BNW)" />
  </References>
You'll want to edit it to have another line with the mod id for the other mods you are testing. You can find a mod's id in its own modInfo file at the very top. For example, RR's mod id is:
Code:
<Mod id="5f36d178-6435-4a05-897b-4224ed58a079" version="19">

Putting it all together. Let say you are testing a mod called "Bob". You look in Bob's modinfo file and see its mod id is "555" (real mod ids will be much longer). You want to edit RR's modInfo file to look like:
Code:
  <References>
    <Mod id="a235544c-5145-487e-8fa4-ae4f0e12d587" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Cities of Marble (BNW)" />
    <Mod id="555" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Bob" />

</References>

Once my families gone I'll try that out. Or maybe create a private mod that's all 3 put together. I can't not use your mod it's too good and I love info addict

no dice, same CTD referencing the mods. i can live without infaddict. just not thrilled about it lol. that being said its almost cheatish. soooo. ya.

ok so I had to create a combo mod, which works. If you want I can zip up a copy for you and send, it'd be a great alternate for people who like using infoaddict and don't want the terrible CTD's :)

no dice, same CTD referencing the mods. i can live without infaddict. just not thrilled about it lol. that being said its almost cheatish. soooo. ya.

Where do you go to find out what's causing CTD? It sounds like you know where to look and I've been having CTD lately and am not sure why.

There's no place to go. It was just an hour and a bit of testing combos of mods to find out what mods didn't play well together. In my case it was info addict and reform and rule

Resurrection, I'll be doing a bit of testing with RR19 and Info Addict to see if I can produce an obvious crash. Info Addicts prints some information to the lua log (which you can see in real time via fireturner). If you have a game that crashes could you provide your lua log?

Lua.log in "Civ 5/logs" directory.

If Reform and Rule was overriding other mods that change policies, would that cause an error? I'm trying to track down the cause of my CTD and it turns out that it's not just one fatal interaction that's causing problems and since they started around the time I started using Reform and Rule, I'm thinking something is interacting with it in a bad way.

If you have two mods that edit social policies they will almost certainly clobber each other (overwrite each others changes). Clobbering could produce crashes but is more likely to produce obvious issues in the Social Policy selection window where policy squares are misaligned and have odd connecting prereq lines and unchanged tooltips. Clobbering would also likely produce multiple lines in the database.log about XML files failing.

If you're getting crashes the first place to look would be the database.log after you enable and have started a game with all the mods you use. You can also look at the lua log which will (depending on the error) spit out an error message to the logs that mod makers can use to track down and fix the error. If you have your log files from games that crash I can take a look at them.

There will be a ton of invalid references, but I have been assured by the owner of most of the mods that cause them that they don't cause crashes. So far I have determined that either whoward's DLL or one of the components is interacting with presumably Reform and Rule in a negative fashion (it could be that the components need to load after RandR, will need to do more testing), but right now my errors are confined to crashing to desktop when I try to load a game when I'm in the middle of a game and sometimes when I exit the game itself.

Attachments

• Database.zip
    7.7 KB · Views: 171
  • Lua.zip
    11.9 KB · Views: 172
Nothing in your lua log looks problematic but there are a couple of potential problems based on what is in your database.log.

A chunk of invalid references in your database log look to come from some kind of "palace extension mod" that looks like it doesn't use TXT_KEY_XXX references and instead put the body of the string where the reference should be. There seem to be a few civilization mods that do something similar. The case where this is worrying is that this is done for spy names in the case of at least one civ, which would probably cause crashing once that civ got its first spy if it was in the game.

Another possible problem could be caused to two tables that seem to be missing.
Code:
[1026674.484] no such table: CustomModOptions
[1026674.484] In Query - UPDATE CustomModOptions SET "Value" = ? WHERE "Name" = ?;
[1026674.484] Database::XMLSerializer (XML/ReligionFixedProphetsDLL.xml): There was an error executing the update statement! See Database.log for details.
[1026674.484] In XMLSerializer while updating table CustomModOptions from file XML/ReligionFixedProphetsDLL.xml.

Code:
[1026702.203] no such table: DecisionsAddin_Support
[1026702.203] In Query - insert into DecisionsAddin_Support('FileName') values (?);
[1026702.203] In XMLSerializer while updating table DecisionsAddin_Support from file Decisions/Kievan Decisions Support.xml.
The people who made these mods would know what (if any) problems these missing table could cause. You may already know that these aren't things to worry about.
-------------------
Right now you only seem to be getting crashes when reloading games or exiting to the desktop? Do you have a lua.log from one of those games or is it the same as the lua.log you already provided me? If you have a game that crashes without reloading or exiting grab a copy of the lua.log and database.log (and hang on to a copy of an autosave) and I'll take a look.

After quite a bit of testing, I can now confirm that RandR has a serious problem with DLL-Various Mod components. With both enabled I CTD when I tried to exit to the main menu or load a save in game. Without RandR, no crashing. It may not like any of whoward's mods, since I crashed once when I had his cheap fishing boats enabled. That it seems is the conflict that's been giving me crashes since May.

I did some brief testing of RnR with the version of DLL-various mod components downloaded from here. So far I couldn't produce a crash on game save or exit to main menu.

RnR doesn't run any special code during a save or exit so I would have trouble isolating the cause of such crashing without being able to reproduce the issue.

hmm...........then clearly I need to do some more testing. SOMETHING is causing R&R and the DLL to clash on my end. I probably should have mentioned that the crashing doesn't start happening until after turn 200 and entering the Renaissance era, so that may be why you weren't getting a crash.

Does anyone have a link or instructions for using this and city state dipolmacy as they are going to conflict by updating the patronage tree. If they dont work together that would be a blow.

Top Bottom