Current (SVN) development discussion thread

But they were just one city.and i think they should be represented as Papal states

Vatican city would logically have its capital as Rome, of which lasted historically throughout the late classical, medieval ages, Renaissance, and early Industrial period, before any historical power took Rome for a substantial periods of time. It makes much more sense than Belgium, which hasn't lasted nearly as long, and would be centered on such a tiny area it would collide with Amsterdam.
Adding the Vatican would also screw over renaissance Italy, a surviving Roman Empire, and perhaps even the Byzantines, France, or the Holy Roman Empire.

Belgium obviously makes no sense either, as the Netherlands only have one city in Europe anyway (but Congo!).

But they were just one city.and i think they should be represented as Papal states
I think the Apostolic Palace works fine enough for them.

What of the great civilization of Liechtenstein?

What about Venice?

Yeah.a disunited Italy is great. Lombards,Venice,two Scicilies and papal states and all of them will be Italy once all of them except one destroyed,Italy united and Capital in Rome.

Yeah.a disunited Italy is great. Lombards,Venice,two Scicilies and papal states and all of them will be Italy once all of them except one destroyed,Italy united and Capital in Rome.

You do realize that the majority of the above posts are sarcasm?

Italy is a bit too weak when it spawns, though. Venetian port empire never establishes itself in RFC!

I already have multiple dynamic names planned.

What would the purpose be for the Vatican though? Are they playable or just there like the Celts? If the Vatican is in my main concern would be ensuring they don't get killed in the middle ages by France/Holy Rome/Renaissance Italy. I'm also guessing they'd be related to the AP in some way or operate similar to how they do in RFC Europe.

Adding the Vatican would also screw over renaissance Italy, a surviving Roman Empire, and perhaps even the Byzantines, France, or the Holy Roman Empire.

Belgium obviously makes no sense either, as the Netherlands only have one city in Europe anyway (but Congo!).

I think the Apostolic Palace works fine enough for them.

I just had an idea about Belgium.

Obviously we can't really have it in as a civ, but maybe it would be acceptable for Belgian control of Congo to be represented by Dutch/French control.

Pros/Cons for Netherlands:
-Belgium is more or less covered by Dutch culture on the map, and if the Dutch were to control only the East Indies, as they did around 1900, it wouldn't hurt to give them Congo as well. Only issues would be ensuring the city name map doesn't give Dutch names and making sure they don't have all their extra colonies as well to make them overpowered (I'm thinking South Africa).

Pros/Cons for France:
- France hardly colonizes in the 1700 scenario, and linguistically Belgium is closer to France as they speak French, so no need to change city names. But then of course France needs a way to go out and colonize those extra places like Congo and Vietnam that they never really get to do in the mod yet.

Also, i think maybe in the 1700 AD scenario there should be a different city there instead of Mbanza Kongo. It does represent northern Angola, but it would be too close to Leopoldville/Kinshasa to represent the Belgian Congo. just to compare:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinshasa

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M'banza-Kongo

Belgium can't be represented in the mod. No room for the capital, little impact to the mod, in fact it is Congo with capital in Europe. Let Congo be indepedent is better IMO.

Belgium would best fit in DoC alternative history replacing Netherlands.

I wasn't being sarcastically about Venice, but given the massive argument I started about it, I'm pretty sure everybody knows that.

I wasn't being sarcastically about Venice, but given the massive argument I started about it, I'm pretty sure everybody knows that.
That's why your post was the funniest on this page.

That's why your post was the funniest on this page.

I remember how I derailed the entire New Civs thread for 10 pages or something, and I finally "won" by just modding it in myself.

But that being said, I still think adding it in is a good idea.

For someone who's already won you sure are bringing it up a lot.

For someone who's already won you sure are bringing it up a lot.

I'm using quotes because I know you're so vehemently opposed to the idea you would never add it in.

I gather strength on every day that Venice is not in the mod. Soon my chakras will unlock and I will transcend consciousness.

Top Bottom