Atomic Bombing Of A Tiny Island: Darn Thing Won't Die!

Can someone post a screenshot as well?

Atomics cannot auto raze cities; you need nuclear missiles for that

According to the screenshot, Ravenna has zero health left. In the era you are in, I believe embarked units have a move of 4? So, you have an embarked paratrooper to the south of Ravenna. With the city at zero health, just move your paratrooper 3 tiles to be next to the city, then use the 4th movement point to attack. You always win against 0 health cities (although your paratrooper will likely only have 1 health left). When the pop-up asks you, raze the city.

Then it's gone.

Oops, you're not India. Well, anyway, sail a melee unit or a destroyer over to that unclaimed patch of oil to the NE of the island. Wait one turn so you have full movement, then bomb the city, making sure it's health bar goes to zero, then attack, making sure not to wait next to the city.

Hello!

I am India. I put the paratrooper in the city you were mentioning. I just need to, I guess, attack on my next turn. It said out of turns when I moved them three tiles to that Indian town.

Make sure you stay outside the city's 2-tile range attack. If you only have 3 movement points, move so that only 2 tiles lie between you and the city. That city can probably sink most embarked units. Or, you can always arrange to have two embarked units show up next to it at once, then it can only kill one, and the other one takes it next turn.

Perfect Folks!

Thank you for your help.

I bombed it again last turn to bring it down to close to zero health, then brought my infantry in a boat close to the city. The boat got bombarded, but I was able to take over the city.

Regards,

Marc

Send some embarking melee units

Perfect Folks!

Thank you for your help.

I bombed it again last turn to bring it down to close to zero health, then brought my infantry in a boat close to the city. The boat got bombarded, but I was able to take over the city.

And for you next trial, orchestrating a large USO show tour to all of your far-flung military bases, without excessive losses to STD's. War is hell.

War is hell.

The game is almost over as we are at 2020. It was great fun hotseating with my daughter. She actually wants to play again! Nearly 50 hours later...

Thanks to all!

Marc

Top Bottom