World Peace or World Domination?

Which of the two would you rather have?

• Total voters
World domination, since I get more out of it... presuming in this scenario I will not be assassinated or something. I'm not entirely sure I'd want to dominate the entire world, though... a developing country would more than suffice, as I might actually be able to improve conditions in the country (as well as my own)...

But if I were the globe's unquestioned ruler, what's to say that society wouldn't crumble? I don't think I have the capacity to sustain the entire world, even if I rule it ruthlessly with millions of devoted followers.

But if I were the globe's unquestioned ruler, what's to say that society wouldn't crumble? I don't think I have the capacity to sustain the entire world, even if I rule it ruthlessly with millions of devoted followers.

You get it, I'll do it. I ain't skeered.

AGI would make all hitherto existing or theorized mechanisms of governance obsolete.

I want AIs only smart enough to do their job, and nothing more.

This is a tough one.

World Peace would mean billions of complacent sentients for me to feast upon but...

World Domination would mean billions of rebellious sentients for me to stamp out...

decisions, decisions...

I would like my country to have world domination, because I think that would lead to a good world peace. That said, being British I have to go for world peace.

I'll be damned if I have to spell one of the base units of the metric system as "metre".

who cares who runs the world? as long as there's peace.

I would vote "both" if I could.

Peace when possible. Domination when necessary, and then only against people who actually need dominating: Saddam Hussein, the Taliban, Kim Il Jung, Fidel Castro.....(in general, dictators and religious zealots)

If you count peace as being a state of there not being armed conflict, then domination every time. Lack of war doesn't mean a nice society, it could be a horrific place.

If you count it as genuine harmony, then world peace. But we can still test tanks and warships and things, just for fun. And paintballing is compulsory.

World domination and world peace aren't mutually exclusive at all. As well as democracy and peace have no connection. A civil war can break even in democratic countries. Or it might even have more chances to break out. All you need are preachers and people who believe them.

Totally false. His "wise advisors" would have no perspective on poverty and other issues. We need people from all walks of life to solve multi-faceted problems that transcend economic and social classes.

Name a senator living in poverty, and hence having a perspective on what it really is. You can span from the Roman Republic to 2010 AD.

Top Bottom