BarbarianCivs not working?

Ikaros82

Chieftain
Hello!
I'm currently playing A New Dawn (SVN vers. 807) and Barbarian Cities seem to become Civilizations not anymore. I've NOT checked the option "No BarbarianCivs".
What could it be?
Thank you.

This is the current game we're playing. We're are past Civil Service and no Barbarian Village has become a Civ. They exist since the 1st turn.

Attachments

• Con Sonya 2.CivBeyondSwordSave
    906.7 KB · Views: 37
45°38'N-13°47'E;13544741 said:
I think both your problems have been solved already in the following revisions, but I fear you'll have to start a new game

I downloaded version 843 and both problems still persist (no Ranged Bombard with archers and no barbarian villages developing into civilizations). :confused: Any suggestion? Thanks :(

This is my current savegame. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• Con Sonya 2.CivBeyondSwordSave
    592.1 KB · Views: 25
This is my current savegame. Hope it helps.

I've tried your save, you simply don't have barb civs activated (ctrl+Q, you can check yourself). There's no way to change options once you've started a game in MP. If you want barb civs, you'll have to start another game.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13556536 said:
I've tried your save, you simply don't have barb civs activated (ctrl+Q, you can check yourself). There's no way to change options once you've started a game in MP. If you want barb civs, you'll have to start another game.

I just tried several other times, both checking and un-checking the option "No BarbarianCivs". I also downloaded rev. 844. Anyway I set that option, in-game I always see "No BarbarianCivs". Maybe the user choice is not recognized? Thank you.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13559205 said:
Delete civilization.ini, your old civilization settings are preventing you from updating your options. The file will recreate itself when you start civ

Do you mean the one under Documents? I deleted it and had to re-check all options, so I assume I deleted the right one. Anyway, I've not checked "No BarbarianCivs" but again I find this option inside the game. I'm speaking about a LAN multiplayer game.

Thank you again. :(

I think this happens only in multiplayer games, by the way.
Definitely not, I've tried. It's a string in civilization.ini which isn't being updated. You can either delete that ini file or gameoption string inside it if you know what you're doing. Next game you'll start, both single and multiplayer, it will work

Do you mean the one under Documents? I deleted it and had to re-check all options, so I assume I deleted the right one. Anyway, I've not checked "No BarbarianCivs" but again I find this option inside the game. I'm speaking about a LAN multiplayer game.

Thank you again. :(
Try also deleting the .bak file, it's a backup

It's me again. So, I deleted (on both computers) all files under Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets, I deleted Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CivilizationIV.ini and Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CivilizationIV.ini.bak and all files under \Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\UserSettings. I started a new LAN game, re-checked all options (making sure of NOT checking "No BarbarianCivs" and as soon in the game, checked game options and reading "No BarbarianCivs" :( Then, I opened CivilizationIV.ini and this is the option line:

; Game Options
GameOptions = 00010000000100000100001011000001101001000010011100011111110000

I marked in red bold the "zero" that should be the "No BarbarianCivs" option and it's a "zero".
Also, I marked in blue a serie of 7 zeroes, while in-game I have only 6 "non checked" options. Is it correct?

Thanks.

By the way, are you from Trieste? :)

;)

I've tried again and it works in my version. I'll do some more test. Can you check if all your other options are as you selected them? I suspect that if that option is wrong, all those after that option should also be wrong.

Hello, I compared the options in Staging Room, Game Start, In Game and CivilizationsIV.ini. I uploaded an Excel comparison here: LINK

All options are forwarded correctly to the game except "No BarbarianCivs".
CivilizationIV.ini contains one more options between "No Barbarians" and "No Technology Trading" and all subsequent options are shifted by one position.

Altough this shift, all options in CivilizationsIV.ini are loaded correctly into
the Staging Room if I set up a new game.

Anyway, I don't want to make you waste a lot of time on this problem.
I thought it was a simple fix. Maybe, I'll disappear by itself in a newer
version. I have modVersion = "2.2 beta 2 (rev844)".

Thank you for your time.

I found this piece of code in CvGame.cpp, line ~6026 (rev. 844):

//Afforess BarbarianCiv does not work in MP!
//TODO: fix barbarian civ
if (eIndex == GAMEOPTION_NO_BARBARIAN_CIV && (isNetworkMultiPlayer() || isPitboss()))
{
return true;
}

It seems to explain why I always get a "true" on LAN games, regarding "No BarbarianCiv" option...

Edit: I commented that "return true;" and now my option is properly forwarded. Dunno which consequences this may have on gameplay, tough. Anyone knows why this option was forced to "true"? Thanks.

Next MP game, I'll try to enable Barbarian Civs. I'll let you know if I notice some major issues.

Top Bottom