The Armageddon Counter

Did a quick read and noticed this one missing. One adept with sanctify on a ruins lowers the counter by one. /d

Thanks for that one

Do you mean a adept who casts sanctify on a ruins reduces it by one. Are we talking about city ruins from a city that has been razed or the kind of ruins that lizardmen like to appear on?

I found it depressingly hard to get the AC up when I was playing Hyborem. Eventually got it to 100, but it was a slow slog. Looking at the list, spamming Prophecy units seems to be the way to go.

I was talking about city ruins.

Really?, i thought the only way to get rid of city ruins was to build an improvement on them. So, what does sanctify do to the tile? Does it restore it to whatever kind of terrain it was before and does it restore FPs?

Sanctify will turn hell terrain to normal terrain, in a 1-tile radius. In addition, any graveyard or city ruin in the same tile will be removed, and the AC lowered as a result.

Building a city on a tile does not effect the terrain of the tile. Razing a city and then casting Sanctify on the ruins won't effect the terrain either (except for hell terrain, as mentioned above).

Flood plains are a feature, not a terrain. Building a city on a feature destroys it. Razing a city and then casting Sanctify on the ruins will not restore any feature that existed on the tile before the city was built.

City ruins can be also be removed by pillaging them. This does not yield any gold, but does deny anyone the opportunity to use it to lower the AC, which could be important in a MP game when you are trying to drive the AC up. It doesn't matter in single player since (at least in my experience) the AI doesn't Sanctify ruins.

Top Bottom