Which Ideology will you choose?

Which Ideology will you choose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I never go wide, so probably Freedom. Rarely, when I decide I want to wage war (I usually wage war with divisions of Infantry and Artillery, blitzkrieging my way), Autocracy. Even then, I'd probably take Freedom since my campaigns are usually short.

War in Civ is almost inevitable so I get a lot of territory though war and I don't like being called "the Terrible" because I have a lot of territory from other civs.
The fun fact is that when you "get" (in fact conquer/capture) a lot territory from other civs "the Terrible" is the kind of person who you are (or at least roleplay) ;). You'd definitely prefer to be called "the Liberator", however, I bet, it would not change your counquering style of gampley. In the and it's all about giving names, so don't get into it so much.

I always like using Monty for a culture victory, so I'm going to see how much Autocracy really does for that. I already love the Gunship Diplomacy tenet for building a military sphere of influence and making city-states respect your power without you having to slap them silly with it.

Autocracy will be the weakest and less picked. Science is domination, you don't have the higher science, you won't have more modern units thus domination is harder without science.

It depends on my situation, really. If I'm going tall I'll be doing Freedom, if I'm going wide I'mm be doing Order, and if I'm getting really militaristic then I'll do Autocracy. But, of course, that's only going on current knowledge of the individual policies, which isn't much.

Autocracy will be the weakest and less picked. Science is domination, you don't have the higher science, you won't have more modern units thus domination is harder without science.

There's still rationalism for that, though it is open to everyone, so those who pick it and a Freedom/Order will get more benefits.

Conquest is my greatest desire, but it requires blood sacrifice. Blood costs gold! For me to achieve my goal every single cog must as thoroughly as nature itself. Only through Order I will be able to assimilate other nations into my very own machine of conquest!

Little role-play there ;). Strong military must be massive and advanced. Ongoing, steady conquest requires steady stream of fresh manpower whether the men hold guns or hammers, it is all necessary for the spread of borders.

It depends on my situation, really. If I'm going tall I'll be doing Freedom, if I'm going wide I'mm be doing Order, and if I'm getting really militaristic then I'll do Autocracy. But, of course, that's only going on current knowledge of the individual policies, which isn't much.

Pretty much this. If I go for Domination, I'll pick Autocracy. If I go for Culture, than I'll do Freedom. If I'm working on Science I'll go for Order. But like Talcove said, we really don't have enough information on the policies to see which ones will be the best for different playstyles.

We'll have to see that. With the Kamikaze and Total War tenets, airplanes could well become a substitute for Guided Missiles for example.

Man, so many commies voting in this poll. Freedom all the way, baby.

Ironic that Freedom does not cater to the domination victory type despite, in actuality, most democratic nations having the most powerful armed forces. :)

Probably freedom. I almost always choose it now, and besides, I assume it would go best with cultural and diplo VC types, which are the ones I'll be trying first anyhow. Unless, of course, the other branches catch my eye.

In G&K; I always pick Order; but that's for the cheap faith based Great Engineer to rush Hubble. And I think Great People for faith is moving to Reformation beliefs, which kind of eliminates the reason I was choosing it. (In vanilla I didn't tend to pick any of those trees)

I guess it depends upon how much Order would help a space race vs how much Freedom would.

Man, so many commies voting in this poll. Freedom all the way, baby.

Ironic that Freedom does not cater to the domination victory type despite, in actuality, most democratic nations having the most powerful armed forces. :)

They also, as a rule, don't go on a world conquest rampage.

Well world conquest rampage is not kind of thing that's easily going unnoticed. If you don't see carpet bombings and huge tank armies wheeling (or is it caterpillaring?) back and forth you're probably witnessing something different.
On topic though, I hope that Autocracy is gonna be buffed up a bit, I'm hoping to see military tech coming cheaper to Autocratic players, so that assumed lack of science wouldn't mean inferior weapons. Freedom needs a buff to, but I think it's already kind of revealed that it will help toward science, so this issue seems settled.

Top Bottom