TSG 239 After Actions Thread

songhai-239.png

2024-02-29 T315 Culture Victory

T039-T063: Chose One with Nature anticipating the natural wonder settles, then founded core expansions at Tombouctu (NE of Uluru), Jenne (on the coast SW of Ur), and Taghaza (NE of Mt. Kailash). Founded Islam (including Tithe) and, luckily, the Zulus and France had no religion, so I aggressively spread mine to them.
T126-T152: Lost Petra to Shaka, but completed a wonder in each of the core four cities (Borobudur, Great Lighthouse, Colossus, and Hagia Sophia) to take advantage of Flouishing of the Arts.
T165-T211: Completed Sistine Chapel, Uffizi, Angkor Wat, Globe Theatre, and Leaning Tower of Pisa. Founded Tondibi (S of Gao), Kumbi Saleh (NW of Gao) and Kukia (S of Kuala Lumpur) to fill in border gaps and build units to deter Shaka. Shaka, at this point, had captured Tours (S of Mt. Kailash) from Napoleon and used great generals to steal my horses and sugar.
T239-T274: Completed Statue of Liberty, Porcelain Tower, Eiffel Tower, and Broadway.
T295-T315: Won both the World's Fair and the International Games projects to secure the victory.

Scientific priorities: Currency (even though I lost Petra), Acoustics (for opera houses and Sistine Chapel), Refrigeration (for hotels), Radar (for airports).
Culture policies: full Tradition, full Aesthetics, full Rationalism, Freedom.

I didn't build any Mandekalu Cavalry this game. The horses were too valuable for trades!
Mud Pyramid Mosques are a really nice building. They helped me spread Islam to the Zulus, France, and city states. By the end of game, Islam was dominant in 26 of 49 cities.
River Warlord was nice for barbarian encampments early game and helped me purchase the Mt. Kailash tile. The rest of the game, I played peacefully.

Top Bottom