Viewports

Go and find the Parallel Maps modcomp. Then merge it with the RFC DLL (no easy task) and get the Viewports code from C2C (which is built upon and requires Parallel Maps) and merge that as well. It is not easy at all.

As for your idea, viewports would not be the way to go about that because their size can not be changed during runtime.

That's not what I said, but it isn't important. If it's too complicated I'll just use ordinary viewports to help with the massively slow turns a GEM RFC would take.

Could we sticky this thread please - people need to figure out how to use viewports on larger maps, and this is the best resource for that for now.

Oh cool, I didn't know about this news Koshling! sweet :p

Is there a control to change viewports? I can't seem to find any way to change the one I'm currently looking at and I couldn't find any information on how to do it.

Edit: Sorry for unintentional necro, I was googling for it and I couldn't find anything but this.

Is there a control to change viewports? I can't seem to find any way to change the one I'm currently looking at and I couldn't find any information on how to do it.

Edit: Sorry for unintentional necro, I was googling for it and I couldn't find anything but this.

The controls are found in the BUG options pop up, Main screen upper right Bug looking icon, click it search the tabs. Should be on 1st or 2nd tab at or near bottom. Default iirc is 40 x 40. Be sure to leave Graphical Paging On (checked).

Been a long time since I used viewports, so I don't remember much about the hotkeys, but I think the hotkeys to control the port were mostly alt+"something"
alt+arrows moves the viewport a predefined length in a direction. (if arrows doesn't work try the numpad.)

I thought the game already uses viewports but they are seamless and you cannot tell they are there anymore.
Uses Graphical paging 1st. Then if player still needs more help you check the box for Viewports in the BUG Option screens.

And how are you doing?

Uses Graphical paging 1st. Then if player still needs more help you check the box for Viewports in the BUG Option screens.

Well I have to use Viewports when I reach Medieval.

But I know nothing about any hot-Keys. ! :confused:

Another trick is to enter military advisor and click on the mini-map shown there, it shows the entire map even with viewports on, the viewport will then move to the spot you clicked on in that mini-map.

Top Bottom