[Steam Released] Renaissance Era Revised

Interesting. I was thinking, rather than removing the lancer (I get that, I dislike its fantasy anti-cavalry role), adding the horse archer in the medieval era could complete two separate mounted branches, one ranged and one melee:
  • chariot archer > horse archer > reiter (>gatling gun)
  • horseman > knight > lancer > cavalry
Early gun cavalry got close, fired once and retreated. A 3 move, 1 range unit with low base strength could work without being overpowered.

Furthermore I echo the voices saying replacing the musketman is unnecessarily disruptive. The history of firearms had so many stages that a ranged unit can be found to coexist with it.

Cheap thoughts. Great work!

Found an annoying bug considering Denmark! As you know Denmarks Specials are the Berserker and the Ski-Infantry, which ist interesting because they are on the same upgrade line.
I love this mod, but i was very dissapointed to find out that now the Berserker upgrades into Musketman into Gatling gun?! Wut?
This has to be a minor mistake in pathing the unit into the tech tree. Pls fix this. Thx and keep up the great work.

Have been told this applies to the Spanish Conquistador too, he doesnt upgrade as supposed.

Found an annoying bug considering Denmark! As you know Denmarks Specials are the Berserker and the Ski-Infantry, which ist interesting because they are on the same upgrade line.
I love this mod, but i was very dissapointed to find out that now the Berserker upgrades into Musketman into Gatling gun?! Wut?
This has to be a minor mistake in pathing the unit into the tech tree. Pls fix this. Thx and keep up the great work.

Have been told this applies to the Spanish Conquistador too, he doesnt upgrade as supposed.

Add this code to an SQL file - any should work:

Code:
UPDATE Unit_ClassUpgrades
SET UnitClassType = 'UNIT_RER_2HANDER'
WHERE UnitType = 'UNIT_DANISH_BESERKER';

SET UnitClassType = 'UNIT_LANCER'
WHERE UnitType = 'UNIT_SPANISH_CONQUISTADOR''
AND NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Technologies WHERE Type = 'TECH_EE_FLINTLOCK');

UPDATE Units
SET ObsoleteTech = 'TECH_METALLURGY' , GoodyHutUpgradeUnitClass = 'UNITCLASS_LANCER'
WHERE Type = 'UNIT_SPANISH_CONQUISTADOR'

If it doesn't work, post your Database and Stopwatch logs so that I can work out the problem.

After countless tries, i saw one mistake WHERE UnitType = 'UNIT_SPANISH_CONQUISTADOR''

Then, after many more, i saw WHERE UnitType = 'UNIT_DANISH_BESERKER';

After that, it finally worked on first sight. Conquistas are going into Reiters. And Berserkers wont go into Musket and go obsolete at Large weapons.

Buuut.... they dont upgrade into 2hand-swords, they simply cant upgrade....
Maybe there is just one line missing? Do you need the Log?

Edit: I am not using the Enlightment era mod

After countless tries, i saw one mistake WHERE UnitType = 'UNIT_SPANISH_CONQUISTADOR''

Then, after many more, i saw WHERE UnitType = 'UNIT_DANISH_BESERKER';

After that, it finally worked on first sight. Conquistas are going into Reiters. And Berserkers wont go into Musket and go obsolete at Large weapons.

Buuut.... they dont upgrade into 2hand-swords, they simply cant upgrade....
Maybe there is just one line missing? Do you need the Log?

Edit: I am not using the Enlightment era mod

Got the 2Hander wrong - it's UNIT_2HANDER :/

If it doesn't work still, then post logs please.

Also, thanks for making me realise I haven't updated to v2 :p

SET UnitClassType = 'UNITCLASS_2HANDER'
WHERE UnitType = 'UNIT_DANISH_BERSERKER';

UPDATE Units
SET GoodyHutUpgradeUnitClass = 'UNITCLASS_2HANDER'
WHERE Type = 'UNIT_DANISH_BERSERKER';

SET UnitClassType = 'UNITCLASS_LANCER'
WHERE UnitType = 'UNIT_SPANISH_CONQUISTADOR'

UPDATE Units
SET ObsoleteTech = 'TECH_METALLURGY' , GoodyHutUpgradeUnitClass = 'UNITCLASS_LANCER'

Yeah it worked it out!

Apart form the 3 mistakes in the code with the _RER_ , '' , and BErSERKER,
there were Class missing after the word unit. And i added another line. Now it works !

Try it out, for me it worked :) Thx chrisy, hope this gets into an Update for the mod :D

SET UnitClassType = 'UNITCLASS_2HANDER'
WHERE UnitType = 'UNIT_DANISH_BERSERKER';

UPDATE Units
SET GoodyHutUpgradeUnitClass = 'UNITCLASS_2HANDER'
WHERE Type = 'UNIT_DANISH_BERSERKER';

SET UnitClassType = 'UNITCLASS_LANCER'
WHERE UnitType = 'UNIT_SPANISH_CONQUISTADOR'

UPDATE Units

Yeah it worked it out!

Apart form the 3 mistakes in the code with the _RER_ , '' , and BErSERKER,
there were Class missing after the word unit. And i added another line. Now it works !

Try it out, for me it worked :) Thx chrisy, hope this gets into an Update for the mod :D

And that is why I shouldn't write code off of the top of my head :blush:

Glad you got it working - although I wouldn't get too hopeful about an update...

Sad that when I was Tomatekh's Benin I could not upgrade the UU, the Isienmwenro, to a Tercio or Line Infantry.

Sad that when I was Tomatekh's Benin I could not upgrade the UU, the Isienmwenro, to a Tercio or Line Infantry.

Because Benin doesn't support RER, and RER support has to be done by the modder.

Updated to v.3 2016/8/9
- fix DLC dependency issue
- new unit icon for Free Company
- Technology Large Weapons renamed to Large Cold Arms
- Rewrite part of unit codes, which would greatly improve new civilization mods' compatibility. Credit to Chrisy15, who rewrite the code

Direct Download | Steam Subscribe

Updated to v.4 2016/9/28
- all the icons are clearer now
- 2h swordsman, Pikeman and Tercio have new running animation
- 2h swordsman and Rodelero have no more bouns against Landsknecht
- a UserSetting file is added into the mod folder, which allows player to choose different unit graphical options
- Gripsholm now yield 2 culture

------------------------

Plan next:
waiting until JFD's PiT release and make RER compatible with it.

Updated to v.4 2016/9/28
- a UserSetting file is added into the mod folder, which allows player to choose different unit graphical options

------------------------

Plan next:

Can't wait to use it when playing JFD's Philip II.

Updated to v.4 2016/9/28

------------------------

Plan next:
Is RER still incompatible with both CP and the CBO?

Hi, your mod is really nice! But why don't you make a Chinese version of the mod as you are a Chinese?(As I also come from China)

Hey Zwei! I'm your number one fan!
After my groupie moment, to business.
I'am doing a mod that makes some minor changes, like making entire new UNIT_CLASSES, and i'm hopping to make it compatible with you mod. Can you help me out on this?

I'm more confortable discussing by private messages, if this wouldn't bother you.

Hey Zwei! I'm your number one fan!
After my groupie moment, to business.
I'am doing a mod that makes some minor changes, like making entire new UNIT_CLASSES, and i'm hopping to make it compatible with you mod. Can you help me out on this?

I'm more confortable discussing by private messages, if this wouldn't bother you.

Why would defining new UnitClasses create any kind of incompatibility? All of RER's statements and triggers are laid out in its files, so you can understand what changes RER makes to the database and work around them if need be.

Hello! This mod is amazing altogether with the Enlightenment era mod but I got a texture load error in my latest game. The error points out that the JFD_MercBlackRiderUnitFlag_32.dds was unable to be loaded. Are there any fix for this error?

Top Bottom