General A New Dawn discussion

Slightly related, is there any way that it can be removed from Revolution 'requests'? In my past few games, once I got to the Modern ~ Transhuman, I had several rebellions that demanded I accept Atheism so they could practice and spread their 'one true faith' - which of course, Atheism wouldn't allow them to do in the first place :p

That has to do with the weird rev values associated with Atheism. IIRC, it has a religiousfreedom value higher than secular :crazyeye:.

That has to do with the weird rev values associated with Atheism. IIRC, it has a religiousfreedom value higher than secular :crazyeye:.
It's been changed already some revision ago.

Hiya! I have a question regarding revolutions. Say I play as America and a couple of settlements revolt and become England (yes - this actually happened to me :crazyeye:). I make peace instead of (re)conquering them, continue to expand and lo! Another revolution! Can another civ spawn, or will the revolution be limited to barbarians?

I ask because I love revolutions and the idea of an autonomous civilisation rising from my own or other civs, and conducting diplomacy & war is awesome. While I don't mind barbarians spawning during a rev, it's kinda bland and they don't have the chance to become their own empire. So is it random whether a civ or barbs spawn, or do the number of civs that can revolt "run out" after a while? I play with MCP so there are plenty of civs that may spawn, but in my American game, could Iraq or Iran spawn during a rev? (Those are just random civs that came to mind! no politics intended! :lol:)

This sounds ridicoulous to me but I'd much rather this happened than just have barbs rising up. I hope my question makes sense :)

45°38'N-13°47'E;13872325 said:
Many civs can be spawned as rebels from every civ. The more civs in game, the easier barbarians will be spawned.
I think I started with only 8 civs :O

How generous a leader may be?:confused:
Korea had been an old vassal of me and we always had good relations but lately has started decaying with many revolution problems.Although they now have only 2 cities left (during being my vassal they had 9,which was the peak) they offered one of them to me.:crazyeye:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    412.9 KB · Views: 92
If they're having revolts in that city, especially if your culture is the main culture in that city, they're doing good: they can't afford more revolts so they're trying to get rid of that city. Sounds very reasonable.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13865705 said:
It's been changed already some revision ago.

Does the Atheism Civic cause Religions to decline - thus losing the benefits of religious buildings?

If this isn't the case - could this be done?

Does the Atheism Civic cause Religions to decline - thus losing the benefits of religious buildings?

I don't think so....

Buildings that give bonuses while running a Religion - like the Spiral Minurete (I totally misspelled that by the way) lose some of their benefits, but only because said bonus requires a State Religion (Secular and Folklore would lose out as well for that reason)

However, Atheism itself still gets to enjoy most of the benefits fro Cathedrals, Temples, and the non-StateReligion bonuses from wonders. You can still build Temples and such too.

(Most amusing to me is leaders like Isabella tend to like you MORE when running Atheism, for the sole reason there's no longer a "Heathen religion" penalty between you two :crazyeye: )

I think all temples, monasteries, pantheons and cathedrals should be civic buildings, that can only be built if you're running a civic other than Atheism or Personality Cult (this second should not even exist :rolleyes: )
The problem with this is a veeery loooooong list of buildings enabled/disabled by civics. Of course this could be also solved by changing things so civic could enable/disable whole SpecialBuilding types.

I wish I knew why the AI sometimes sells their ENTIRE military in one turn. Montezuma was doing financially well, and then suddenly he's only got two units in every city - and thus, an appealing target to the neighbors who were already Cautious/Annoyed with him and hadn't sold their entire military for some mysterious purpose.

And of course, since we were on a team, the inevitable war declaration on him pulled me into it as well :rolleyes:

Then there's the way the AI like to butcher their cities to rush-produce units, which is foolish in the extreme of course.

Does anyone else experience the AI not building enough Anti-Air units? Once I get Strategic and Stealth bombers, the empires just start falling real quick. A few rounds of 4 ~ 7 strategic bombers on a city packed with 40 units and suddenly that city's empty - and there's nothing they can do about it.

Once Mech.infantry start showing up they've got a relatively small chance of intercepting my bombers, but even then - the cities are usually empty real quick. I haven't seen more than a few Anti Air Guns in a long time, or their upgraded versions. Only a handful of Mobile SAM's too.

Question: What exactly are "inquisition conditions"? I was trying to set up a situation that would allow me to conduct an inquisition and I can't figure out what I am missing. Intolerant is on, I created an inquisitor and parked it in New York -- I had to WorldBuilder it because I can't train it, New York has an extra religion, Judaism is the state religion and has higher than the OC_THRESHOLD_BIG_INQUISITION_STATE influence (I think it's supposed to be higher), and New York has the minimum RevIndex and RevTrend, and I still can't conduct an inquisition. Something else is missing, but I can't figure out what it is.

I loaded a couple of other save games that I got off this forum, converted over to Intolerant and was able to conduct Inquisitions without problems, so I'm in the dark. I think we might have set some conditions too stringently here.

Question: What exactly are "inquisition conditions"? I was trying to set up a situation that would allow me to conduct an inquisition and I can't figure out what I am missing. Intolerant is on, I created an inquisitor and parked it in New York -- I had to WorldBuilder it because I can't train it, New York has an extra religion, Judaism is the state religion and has higher than the OC_THRESHOLD_BIG_INQUISITION_STATE influence (I think it's supposed to be higher), and New York has the minimum RevIndex and RevTrend, and I still can't conduct an inquisition. Something else is missing, but I can't figure out what it is.

I loaded a couple of other save games that I got off this forum, converted over to Intolerant and was able to conduct Inquisitions without problems, so I'm in the dark. I think we might have set some conditions too stringently here.
I don't know but I have to check, it's on my to do list. I don't know you but I don't see an inquisition since years, so there's probably something wrong. Also since some revision AI isn't building nukes anymore. It wasn't even building First Nuclear Test and I thought that was the problem, but I've fixed FNT and it still builds max 1 nuke.

On another note, I've successfully implemented enslavement, so expect it in my next commit.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13889357 said:
I don't know but I have to check, it's on my to do list. I don't know you but I don't see an inquisition since years, so there's probably something wrong. Also since some revision AI isn't building nukes anymore. It wasn't even building First Nuclear Test and I thought that was the problem, but I've fixed FNT and it still builds max 1 nuke.

On another note, I've successfully implemented enslavement, so expect it in my next commit.

OK. I'll leave that to you. If you're looking into inquisitions, can you also check on if it's really possible for one civilization to conduct inquisitions in another civilization's cities? I saw some comments in the code that made that seem possible.

The reason I was checking into this is because as far as I can tell, Intolerant is the only civic that allows inquisitions. Secular, Atheist, and Liberal all disallow inquisitions, but it only seemed to make sense on Liberal because the others are all religion civics and therefore mutually exclusive. So I thought we could turn that off on Secular and Atheist and save a bullet point.

However, if foreign civilizations can conduct inquisitions as well, then preventing inquisitions makes a little more sense. I don't think Secular would allow inquisitions; I see it as the "accept all religions without favoring any particular one" civic. Atheist I'm a little more mixed on, because a successful inquisition apparently destroys all religious buildings of purged religions (if it can destroy Wonders, that's a REAL problem) and produces some gold, but I don't know if it goes to the city's owner or the inquisitor's owner. Perhaps what would work here is instead using the mechanics from Religion Decay where buildings aren't destroyed, but go dormant instead; I know once when I was playing C2C years ago, I got a Golden Age out of nowhere when a city that had built the Pyramid of the Magician and then lost Naghualism got Naghualism again and reactivated the Pyramid.

I've checked your save, first of all you didn't have a state religion in your save but I think you've noticed that. Anyway I switched to Judaism and you're right, I can't either produce or use Inquisitor. And I can with other saves I have. I'm still looking what the problem might be.

Edit: nevermind, I've checked and it works. You were simply below that threshold because you only had 2 cities. I've worldbuilt 2 more cities, gave them Judaism, recalculated and inquisition works as supposed to. I think that threshold is ok; the problem might be anyway that I've seen very seldom AI purge religions so it problably builds Inquisitors rarely if at all. I think I need to have a look at dbkblk's city production code because I think we need to boost production for inquisitors, spies, nukes and maybe air/anti-air units.
@Sogroon: yeah, I was thinking the same about a special unit for Atheist civics to remove religions.

Top Bottom