4th scenario - American civil war?

I'd personally love to see the Future Era that "Future Tech" hints upon.

Genetics Age - Diamond Age... i can't remember the rest, but Call to Power had REAL FUTURE era's.

I would track that down and play again but its too much to tech electrcity from ancient ruins...

Also, at the time, the US civil war was the largest war that had ever been fought in world history. (The Napoleanic wars may have been on par, but with vastly inferior technology). And even to this day, the US civil war is the largest war ever fought on the American continents. For all these reasons I think it would be a great scenario.

Not. Even. close.

Wiki tells me that the combined forces of all sides in the American Civil War was ~3 million and military casualties were 200,000 - 500,000. For the napoleonic wars, as there was more than one, there are no figures for strength, but France alone was in the ~10 million. Casualties alone in the napoleonic wars are 3-6 million, more than the total number of people who thought in the Civil War.

Hmm, would it be possible for a modder to "fill in the gaps" (perhaps with frog DNA?) to create this scenario?

:goodjob:

Also, if these files are as complete as people are saying they are, it would stand to reason that they will be used eventually. A company like Firaxis would be loath to just abandon a project that probably took up a good amount of resources...that's just bad business. So whether they include it in DLC, a 2nd XPac, or even just grandfather the code into CiVI with the scenario, it probably will become available.

As for the CSA civ. Well, I'll just say that I hope not.

~R~

Not. Even. close.

Wiki tells me that the combined forces of all sides in the American Civil War was ~3 million and military casualties were 200,000 - 500,000. For the napoleonic wars, as there was more than one, there are no figures for strength, but France alone was in the ~10 million. Casualties alone in the napoleonic wars are 3-6 million, more than the total number of people who thought in the Civil War.

Taiping Rebellion in China 1850-1864. Total strength 3-8 million soldiers. 20-30 million deaths, maybe even 80 million. More troops than in American civil war and more deaths. Napoleonic wars might have been bigger in numbers of troops.

Not. Even. close.

I stated in a later post that I was incorrect. I looked up the numbers and I stated the Napoleonic Wars were bigger. But that's just it, there WAS more than one Napoleonic war. There was only one American Civil war. So combining all the Napoleonic wars together makes it really big but it's not really an accurate way of comparing 2 conflicts, becasue it's comparing a single conflict to a series of conflicts.

As far as France having 10 million soldiers involved, I find that really hard to believe. America had ~16 million soldiers in WWII.

Wouldn't the Commanche be a good addition if they are doing a Civil War time period scenario?

I agree the Comanche would be better than the Sioux - The Comanche though weakened through decades of war... attacked during the Civil War to try and gain back the lost lands of Comancheria since most of the Texas Rangers were serving with the Confederates

But anyways nice finds on this. I hope like the Panama Canal this also eventually gets released.

Don't hold your breath for a "slaves" UU. It ain't gonna happen.

Its kind of off topic but I think it fits in this thread. A civil war scenario would be interesting. But I think an American Revolution scenario would also be fun. People could choose to play either as the Americans or the British. The British would have an advantage of having more powerful units (due to a highly professional army), but the Americans would be able to more quicker (due to being familiar with local terrain), and the Americans can heal quicker since they are in their own territory and don't need to wait for reinforcements coming from thousands of miles away.

France should also be involved, but maybe as a non-playable civ because in this particular scenario it probably wouldnt be as fun playing as France as it would be playing as Britain or America.

Or have the scenario start with the French & Indian war, where both France and the Iroquois could be played.

This. I can't see them adding in the Confederates as a Civ. We already have the USA. It's not like we have India separated into Hindi, Punjabi, etc.

I agree with this. What would they call them? The US is called "America" in CiV. Would be awkward to call them the Confederate States and leave the other civ as "America."
Since they would both be America, technically.

I agree with this. What would they call them? The US is called "America" in CiV. Would be awkward to call them the Confederate States and leave the other civ as "America."
One would be called "Union" and another be called "Confederates."

Firaxis creates new civs for their scenarios quite often that are never made into base game civs. They are made just for the scenario and reuse existing civs and leaders renamed with simple xml updates. For example they created the Goths and Vandals from the German and Songhai civs. Same could be done for Union and confederate civs.

I think there should be Civil War + Mexico DLC.

Top Bottom