New NESes, ideas, development, etc

The translator sometimes mix some words or translates wrongly. I would say that my English is mediocre in terms of writing (and even pronounce) but in terms of reading is oke. I can read maybe 95% of the stuff here, maybe losing myself in a few words that I've ever heard.

Exactly.

The trick is to learn how to edit these small errors. I do not say that you can find each of them, of course. We are still learning, and small errors are inevitable.

Perhaps someone can help you by proofreading your work and making adjustments.

The translator sometimes mix some words or translates wrongly. I would say that my English is mediocre in terms of writing (and even pronounce) but in terms of reading is oke. I can read maybe 95% of the stuff here, maybe losing myself in a few words that I've ever heard.

To be blunt, Defacto, your English isn't good enough for you to run a NES yet. And I say this as someone who likes you and wants to see you succeed. You have a lot of potential talent.

I encourage you to get a few months of playing experience in a variety of NESes before considering modding. When you can communicate without the regular use of the translator, then you'll know you're ready, at least in terms of communication skills.

To be blunt, Defacto, your English isn't good enough for you to run a NES yet. And I say this as someone who likes you and wants to see you succeed. You have a lot of potential talent.

I encourage you to get a few months of playing experience in a variety of NESes before considering modding. When you can communicate without the regular use of the translator, then you'll know you're ready, at least in terms of communication skills.

This may take some time ... I used the translator support for three years, and I still need it to speak more formally. :p

I are very offended by this. My english is god. :crazyeye:

But it will take time before I communicate without the use of the translator. At least I always check twice if I wrote something right. Always going to pass something wrong. This is mainly because of someone who abandoned English lessons for about 6 months. :rolleyes:

I've made good progress on the rules for my NESS
, almost done with them. I'll post them when i'm done. I would appreciate some more feedback on my ideas so I can see what I could/should change :)

And btw Northking, Iv'e heard (and seen ) that you are very good at making maps. I already drew mine by hand but I have no idea of how to make a digutal version so if you can give me some advice on that it would be real helpfull because it's the only thing preventing me fron starting the NES :)

Ya'll should probably look at das' earlier works again.

Here are the rules for the NES I announced.

Faction template

Faction: [...] the name of your faction. Surprise surprise.

Leading body: [...] the leader(s) of your faction

Income: #kD/turn your faction's income per turn, in kD (thousands Drachmas). your income can be raised by many ways, for example policies such as subsidizing farmers, trade agreements with your neighbors, creating state-owned estates and raising taxes though that will probably make you unpopular and lower your stability so beware of rising your taxes too high !

Expenses: #kD/turn (military #, policies #, debt #) your faction's expenses, in kD, expenses are divided between military(the upkeep required for your units), policies (the cost of your faction's policies each turn) and debt (detailed later). soldiers who's upkeep isn't payed for will lower

Treasury: #kD the amount of kD your faction has banked. Each turn you will earn kD to your treasury equaling to your income minus your expenses. This is what you can spend on projects, hiring units ann more . You may spend more than you have by going into debt, but each turn you must pay the interests on that debt until you have payed back the entirety of the debt. Note that you will lose a amount of banked kD each turn from corruption and inflation determined by a formula only known by me (calculated from your stability etc...).

Stability: # from 0 to 10. This indicates the strength and unity of your government and the confidence people have in it. The higher, the better for it will allow you to conduct policies more easily. On the other hand, low stability will have a negative impact on your economy 9corruption) and your orders won't always be respected and even lead to anarchy and secessionist factions if it reaches extremely low values. stability also helps determine the interest you must pay when in debt. 10 is a stable government respected by everyone while at 0 your state ceases to exist.
Army: #soldiers(#) This is your army. the first number is the amount of one type of soldier, while the second is the general quality of the soldiers (training leadership, etc..). The levels of quality are are:
1: Mediocre
2: Bad
3: Decent
4: Professionnal
4: Elite

Units of higher level of quality will cost of course more to recruit and maintain.
The different available units are infantry, the standard foot soldier, cavalry, usually more mobile and powerful and expensive, and siege engines that are necessary for attacking fortified settlements. I will allow (and encourage) the creation of UUs. UUs will be based on their standard counterpart but will be more expensive but will receive a bonus when fighting in certain conditions. I will usually require a story about it for the creation of a UU.

There are also levies, which represent the simple citizens brought to the army in case of a emergency. It is free to recruit them and the cost little at upkeep but will rarely have a better training than Mediocre. beware of raising too many levies as it will impact your economy and stability...

On equipment: you could create a project or policy to give the latest equipment to your military but it will cost you a lot..

Navy: #ships(#) same as for army. There are two type of ships: galleys, the basic ships of a fleet, and triremes, a more powerful and expensive version of the galley. You can also create UU ships. as the game goes on I might allow some pure sailing ships such as galleons as tech progresses.

Combat will be handled by a broad range of inputs that I will manage. Each unit is assigned a strenght and will receive bonuses depending on the conditions (supply, tactics etc..) and I would highly recommend spending some kD on supplies/fortifications and detailing tactics because that could change a lot the result (thing of Agincourt... the French had a larger army but it was ill-supplied and used bad tactics -they lost- )

Projects: (#/#) These are the projects your faction is undertaking/ has accomplished. Projects are particular enterprises that take a given amount of kD to accomplish. these could range from anything from a new road system to a new trading fleet. The first number is the kD you have already invested, while the second is the total kD required to accomplish it.

Policies: (#/turn), These, unlike projects, are things that your faction is permanently doing and doesn't require a precise amount of kD to accomplish. Instead you pay a specific cost each turn as long a you desire to continue that policy. this could range from subsidizing farmers to providing support to paying the maintenance of a better road system.

Lore: [...]A description of the history, culture and organization of your faction
I will be awarding story bonuses, and I will sometimes require some sort of story for projects/policies/UU/tactics you wish to create.

These are only the stats and rules the players will have access to, there will be a whole lot more hidden stats and variables that I will control for playabilities' sake. also, I haven't figured out the exact costs of everything, I didn't work out all of the balancing yet.

Please give me your opinions and constructive feedback on this ;)
The background and premises for this NES are detailed in my previous post on the previous page.

:coffee: What about a NEScraft in a post-apocalyptic scenario? You could be a surviving civil, military, etc. also Zombies is very cliche, I thought about something like an alien race or whatever, even focused on human survival. It would even be a sort of RPG. I came thinking this a long time ago - a kind of Fallout or Cataclysm DDA (For those who have played roguelike).

Muphry's Law in action right there.
:lol:

i'm actually thinking of running a beyond earth nes in early to mid winter, after the game has been out for a few months. thoughts?

i'm actually thinking of running a beyond earth nes in early to mid winter, after the game has been out for a few months. thoughts?

This could be interesting. :)

Interesting and probably I will participate. The game looks like it will be good, unfortunately I will not have money to buy. :cry:

Let me clarify my idea:

These were my ideas necessarily not spoken today, or are recent. I) Imagine a future in which we try to explore distant planets and something's wrong and instead of being a colony of the land become many "nations" that come into conflict with each other.

II) Another would be the post-apocalyptic world in which players pseudo incarnate a character and survive.

III) Finally: Crimson Skies. It was one of my first games (demo version) and I must say that the scenery enchants me. The idea of ​​a Balkanization is quite interesting for a NES (my opinion).

Spoiler :

I could explain more, but there are so many ideas... :)

Whoever made that map really, really does not understand the relationship between the "Outer Banks" and the mainland. Western Virginia and North Carolina should be a part of the Appalachian polity, eastern VA and NC should be part of some kind of Republic of the Tidewater and everything south of Charlotte would be part of some state with its capital at Charleston.

You can barely build on the "OBX," the land is so terrible.

I mean, this is a highly specific nitpick of a map that's awful on many levels, but whatever.

Whoever made that map really, really does not understand the relationship between the "Outer Banks" and the mainland. Western Virginia and North Carolina should be a part of the Appalachian polity, eastern VA and NC should be part of some kind of Republic of the Tidewater and everything south of Charlotte would be part of some state with its capital at Charleston.

You can barely build on the "OBX," the land is so terrible.

I mean, this is a highly specific nitpick of a map that's awful on many levels, but whatever.
The map is not mine also I dont know nothing of the geography/history of the united states and because of that I can't help you in this debate. :(

About the universe: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimson_Skies

Top Bottom