transfer games

oldgi

Chieftain
I'm building a gaming computer,how do I transfer my games from one computer to my new one...

Install them in the new computer the same way you used to install them in your old computer.

For steam games such as Civ V, log into your steam account from your new machine.

Now for actual saved game files, there are many ways to do this. (Email to yourself, flash drive, cell phone USB, etc.)

For steam games such as Civ V, log into your steam account from your new machine.

Now for actual saved game files, there are many ways to do this. (Email to yourself, flash drive, cell phone USB, etc.)
Just save the game to the Steam Cloud and reload on new computer :goodjob:

thanks for all the info,I only have access to wifi and currently using usb adapter w/o problems but I have been told that pci-e is a better way to...any input?

thanks for all the info,I only have access to wifi and currently using usb adapter w/o problems but I have been told that pci-e is a better way to...any input?

Wifi should be fine for this. (As long as whatever the wifi itself is using itself has good connection.)

But if you are at home and have a wifi router with an open high speed port, it will be faster to use the cable for downloading Civ V and all your other steam games off the steam server.

the router is on the 2nd floor and I live in the basement but for the most part I have no problem

Top Bottom