Jungle Tiles?

What's usually best to do with jungle tiles? What if they're next to a river?

In my current game, I have many jungles on plains. What's best for that?

Thanks in advance.

Building over forest/jungle, still maintains the tile most of the time and doesn't remove it in 5 right? I havn't paid attention in my time in 5, and swear they removed automatically in 3 and 4.

I farm riverside tiles for the most part, trading post the jungles, and add a mine or two so the city can still get stuff done. Bonus if it's mining luxuries like Gems in the jungle.

Part of this answer depends on what city this is: Capital gets more farms and mines early game to grow and build. Midgame cities get heavily trading posted and shipped food.

Don't clear jungle tiles. Ever. You can get by with a trading post on them till your universities are up. You will thank yourself when you reach flight and fission ahead of the competition.

Don't clear jungle tiles. Ever. You can get by with a trading post on them till your universities are up. You will thank yourself when you reach flight and fission ahead of the competition.

Imho clearing a few River-Jungles can be really useful if there's no other good food around, jungle-only will stagnate your city way too early.

Cut down all the jungle near a river, unless your have enough food to grow

And you also need a couple of hills cleared if you want the city to be self-sustained (for mines), unless you are able to build lumber mills on forests.
Two or three cleared hills should do in most cases.
I think the worst thing about jungle is the lack of production and not the lack of food.

And you also need a couple of hills cleared if you want the city to be self-sustained (for mines), unless you are able to build lumber mills on forests.
Two or three cleared hills should do in most cases.
I think the worst thing about jungle is the lack of production and not the lack of food.
Lacking production is a problem when you have only open flatland, not when you have many jungle tiles.

What's usually best to do with jungle tiles? What if they're next to a river?

In my current game, I have many jungles on plains. What's best for that?

Thanks in advance.

Jungle tiles with Bananas: Many players prefer to not improve the tile at all. (Really wanting a trade post but it's not allowed)
Jungle tiles with a resource other than Banana : Add the improvement which unless it's a camping resource will as a side effect cut the jungle.

Flat Jungle tiles along the river: Clear cut for farms so the city can grow.
Hill Jungle tiles with freshwater access: Also clear cut for farms, but in this case its to provide hammers.

Also other jungle tile: Trade post.

Top Bottom