Votes: 21 6.3%
  • 501 to 700 hours

Votes: 29 8.7%
  • 701 to 900 hours

Votes: 13 3.9%
  • 901+ hours

Votes: 48 14.4%

• Total voters
I have 8 hours played. I'm really surprised it was that much. I don't think I ever got past the 2nd age (whatever that's called). I spent all my time tediously moving around units with the horrible 1 upt system. It takes like 20 to 30 minutes to get your units in position for a war. Very annoying. But that's beside the point of the thread. This is just a general poll seeing how much this game is being played.

So check out your steam window and tell us your results.

Been playing for a bit but I'm also juggling play time with school/studies/life. Won a couple games already in Warlord (I'm still learning a bit) and right now I'm in the middle of a Huge map game.

I put 251-300 hours. Steam only says 120 hours, but it doesn't include those multiple multiplayer games I've played. I don't think it counts modded single player games either!

I have 8 hours played. I'm really surprised it was that much. I don't think I ever got past the 2nd age (whatever that's called). I spent all my time tediously moving around units with the horrible 1 upt system. It takes like 20 to 30 minutes to get your units in position for a war. Very annoying. But that's beside the point of the thread. This is just a general poll seeing how much this game is being played.

So check out your steam window and tell us your results.

Play more and you will be surely faster to move units in the future.

Good Idea to do one of these again, I did one of these a while back I stoped playing at 109hr the game just sucks to much.

108 hours... then again, half of that is with me not actually at the PC because of lunch, dinner wife or kid and the game just sitting idle.
I'm now back to playing Civ 4, probably spent almost 100x as much time on Civ 4 than I ever will on Civ 5 unless the game is patched and fixed so much it becomes another game entirely.
Even after Civ 5's release I probably already much more time playing Civ 4...
Really sad what they did to this franchise...

. I don't think it counts modded single player games either!

If it doesn't then I'm probably closer to the 301-400 hours instead of 151-200, I think the game is okay with mods and use them more often than not now

89, and that probably won't move much for awhile. This isn't a fair measure of whether or not the game has become boring for me, though. I bought it over the holidays along with another 5 games or so, including Fallout: New Vegas (holy crap, I want to live inside that game), so I'm not sure if I'm bored with V already or preoccupied with having a slew of other games. All I can tell is that I don't have the krispy-kreme level addiction I had to IV, maybe or maybe not because I just have better games now (or, other games at all).

I think that's the first time I ever used the word "slew." I don't know why.

418 hours and counting, i'm currently in the middle of the game as askia. I probably stop playing civ till new patch come in. and hopefully they improve the AI tactics and diplomacy.

no need to insult the other posters. I don't like the game, but some people may find 400 hours worth of enjoyment.

I"m still at 8. I'm playing Fallout New Vegas right now. I had steam open, that's why I noticed how many hours I have with civ5. I have many more hours with X-com (I downloaded that one with steam). Even FNV which I love very much as I'm from that area, I only have 133 hours played. So I imagine it takes dedication to get 400 to 500 with Civ5. Civ5 is not my type of game, but I may give it another shot down the road. But not right now.

514 here, though like other people my total is inflated by many and various afks with the game left up.

Currently trying to stay interested long enough to finish a war-mongering game on Emperor...not succeeding. :(

Right now Steam tells me that I have played for 814 hours. I have beat the game with all but 3 civilizations (and a few I have beat won with more than once of a different victory type). I don't think the game is as fun as Civ 4 BTS / mods and such, but it's good enough to enjoy, and the latest patch made the AI more tolerable, but they are still boneheaded and cheating bastages ><

Oh and maybe 50 of those hours is me not at the keyboard.

232 hours. Not played the PC game for a month. Been playing the Civ Board Game instead.

put 301-400 but been away from my PC for going on a month now :(

But it was somewhere around there.

wow im suprised so many of you have played over 400hrs, you must like really simple games that lack depth.

Moderator Action: Trolling
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

He is spot on!

I've spent 300+ hrs and finished 3 games.

Started maybe 100 games. but everything is just lacking of fun.

Still, tomorrow I probably start another one...

I have the Witcher sitting there and staring at me, but I'm confused with the controls....so I just start another CiV.

Actually, I have a bunch of games on my shelf I never played through.

HL2, Fallout. Gothics, even Oblivion. Never finished them.

Maybe I should?

I have the Witcher sitting there and staring at me, but I'm confused with the controls....so I just start another CiV.

Hang in there, it's a great game, worth learning.
Can't wait for the sequel. Too bad I deleted my previous save games, 'cuz I hear you can import them in TW2.

Hang in there, it's a great game, worth learning.
Can't wait for the sequel. Too bad I deleted my previous save games, 'cuz I hear you can import them in TW2.

I'll take that as an assignment for next weekend for me then :)

I will try again. And maybe understand it.

I want a good game so bad, I'm bored.

Especially after today, my wife bought me a 27inch monitor. a late xmas present.

I can't play today, I'm just staring at the screen.:scan:

I don't know how many hours Steam says I played but since a lot was actually 'played' when I was off eating or when I decided to read a novel in-between long turns where the ai tried to move its gazillion units, and I was more interested in my book than in the game, I don't think the number of hours is really relevant.

Top Bottom