Play Real Earth Map without mod

geoaraujo

Chieftain
Hello. I was wondering if it's possible to play on a Real Earth Map without mod. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

No, and probably there's a reason for that. Some regions are cluttered with civilizations, while others are mostly empty.

Disagree^^^^

You can. Overcrowd with more major civs, and you'll be fine. Just don't expect it to play out like actual history, because the new world might be populated with lots of civs. But its definitely fun. Sort of like a looooooong game of Risk.

Disagree^^^^

You can. Overcrowd with more major civs, and you'll be fine. Just don't expect it to play out like actual history, because the new world might be populated with lots of civs. But its definitely fun. Sort of like a looooooong game of Risk.

He was talking about the Real Earth Map, a mod that puts the civs in the right starting positions. There is a long time demand for it to be made official, but I believe Firaxis didn't for the reasons above. Too many civs on certain parts of the map.

Also, while it sounds great in theory, the game becomes very predictable when you know beforehand the shape of the map and where everybody is.

He was talking about the Real Earth Map, a mod that puts the civs in the right starting positions. There is a long time demand for it to be made official, but I believe Firaxis didn't for the reasons above. Too many civs on certain parts of the map.

Also, while it sounds great in theory, the game becomes very predictable when you know beforehand the shape of the map and where everybody is.

Thank you all for your answers. Actually, I was talking about a generic real Earth map, the civs don't have to be in their right starting positions...

Well, you can play a real earth map without mods, but the civilizations won't necessarily be put in their real starting positions. True starting positions earth maps can be a lot of fun, although Europe especially can get really crowded. I don't know why Firaxis doesn't make a true starting location earth map part of the official game, but for now the mods seem to work just fine.

There's an Earth option available when selecting a map type. However, the map generate only resembles Earth, and isn't 100% at all.

There's an Earth option available when selecting a map type. However, the map generate only resembles Earth, and isn't 100% at all.

That Earth map option does not resemble Earth at all...
So, the only way to play on a real Earth map is modding...

Top Bottom