Looking for timings and tips to get good GPT mid-game

Acken

Deity
I'm usually entirely confident in my game regarding, the start, growing teching etc.

But one thing that seems to be lacking giving me 245ish science victory turns instead of other people 220 is that I almost never can buy more than one or 2 science building when reaching the tech. And it's sometimes a huge problem in satellite cities when it take 15turns to build an observatory.

My guess is that better player are able to accumulate more gold at the right time.

If we skip the need to say you should sell any extra lux and strategic ressources, what are you guys timings to make some markets, banks, maybe an east indie, working lux tile or not and if you sacrifice a couple of your trade routes to make gold instead of food. I'm pretty sure I'm missing a good window early on with these buildings since I always make them very late.
Do you setup trade hubs and if so what are the exact criteria you're looking for.

It's especially a problem for me when playing on lower difficulties because the AI is dead broke and I often have to sell at a discount.

If you want more gpt you need to only build buildings that you currently need, and to build roads when markets are being built. In my satellite cities I only build monuments, granaries, libraries, markets, and universities until around the beginning of the Renaissance era. I build caravans or cargo ships as when the relevant techs are researched.

This is only possible if I'm not next to a warmonger, then i need to build walls and some units.

Machu Picchu+6 cities do a lot of wonders. Combine this with the first 2 policies(left side) form Commerce and you are golden :)

Prioritize a strong coastal city that will focus on a early bank+ 2-3 cash cargos.

Machu Picchu+6 cities do a lot of wonders. Combine this with the first 2 policies(left side) form Commerce and you are golden :)

Prioritize a strong coastal city that will focus on a early bank+ 2-3 cash cargos.

True, I'll give a try to find room for Machu Pichu somewhere :)

Is your goal SV by turn 220?

You know you can borrow money to buy science buildings but that is going to work only on deity and maybe immortal. Also get some sea trade routes going.

T220 on which difficult level ?

Deity/Immortal : you have to get some cities from AI. Look here : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=521065
Emperor and below : build 6 cities with as many as possible near a mountain.

I use to rush buy universities, obs and public schools only in my caps. It doesn't forbid me to win between T240-260 on higher level, T200-T220 on lower.

Growth and internal trade route are the key. Caravan and Cargo ships are nearly always for my cities (except if I'm Morocco or Arabia). Tithe can help too.

Top Bottom