XXL World

How would I add this to a map script in one of my mods?

Also, though, playing on XXL size it seemed like there were far too few resources. Does is have the same aount of resources as the huge map size i.e. does scaling for this need to be changed for the new sizes? How can this be done? What about other things such as number of goody huts, max barbarian limit etc?

Is anyone else finding this? Is there anyway to increase the amount of resources generated at the start of the game? I'm getting quite big areas without any resources [relatively to huge maps].

What map Script are you using TopDog? In reality there aren't that many resources in the world but you can try using a different script with this mod... just place the map script file in the mods folder under privatemaps.

What map Script are you using TopDog? In reality there aren't that many resources in the world but you can try using a different script with this mod... just place the map script file in the mods folder under privatemaps.

I usually play big and small, but ive found this on most scripts.

Thankfully, however, I found a way of getting round this using the full of resources map script, and changing the amount of resources to about 1.5 times normal. This has so far given me the right balance and i would recommend it to anyone using this mod.

Civ Editor I believe you just need to copy and paste his coding but I wouldn't do it without permission and make sure that the coding he changed doesn't interfere with what you wanted to change in your mod.

loaded it, it sez on the top right screen that it was loaded..

there is no slection for the last 3 map sizrs when i use it on a vustom game

Ok here's the deal:

I want to use this mod along with Better BUG AI (a merge between BBAI 0.82 and BUG 4.2) and I want to use this mod in Custom Assets. However it has a super minor change at the core dll, changing the max players (i think). So just placing the assets of this mod to the custom assets folder means that although you can choose bigger map sizes, you cant get more than 18 players. The only solution I can think is to merge dlls (replacing the Better BUG AI dll and loading it last as a mod) and that means combining code and re compiling. I'll try just that but i'm only amauter programmer and dont know all the tricks. I'll upload the result when I've managed to do it for anyone having the same problem.

What exactly do you change in the dll?

You don't have to change anything .
Just use the "custom game" option, and add so many civs like you want to have in your game.
Tried it but players capped at 18.

Ok I'm done and i'm proud to say that my first civ "mod" works! For people wanting XXL World, Better BTS AI 0.82 and BUG 4.2 all working here's what to do:
1) Install XXL World in your custom assets (under My Docs>My Games>Beyond the Sword)
2) Get this (Work of Fuyu) and install it on your Program Files>Firaxis>Civ>Beyond the Sword>Mods. It is the merge of BBAI 0.82 and BUG 4.2 (well not exactly some slightly later revisions)
3) Get my dll which is a simple change in the MAX_CIV_PLAYERS constant to 34.
4)Copy my dll in the Program Files>Firaxis>Civ>Beyond the Sword>Mods>Better BUG AI. Replace the one there after you backup it just in case.

With this procedure you'll have XXL world to always load and in order to play with BBAI and BUG you'll have to load Better BUG AI as a mod :)

Time to start that Giant 24+ players game :)

Attachments

• CvGameCoreDLL.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 391
I still wonder if Nevermind could get this to work as a module, that would awesome.

Also, your link in #2 is broken.

Its been about 7 years since the games release and the computers have definitely improved since then. I've just tested it out it, 2 minuites to load an ultra sized world, I remember when i needed 7 mins to load up a map with this mod.

Now i have a better computer I'm planning to have a proper game. also why can't i get a global highlands map option :(

Hey Guys, it's 2023 and I found this mod. It's wonderful, playing with 34 civilizations and XXL map is so cool! The only problem is that I cannot make it work in multiplayer in order to play with my buddies. I connect on internet or lan and we cannot see each other game, even though the mod is running. Does anyone know what is the problem?

Top Bottom