XXL World

Oh dear god, i want this an unfathomable amount.

Sadly I don't think my computer would be ableto survive a map size greater than huge with over 18 civs.

it only just hauls its way through huge 18 civs.

Updated for patch 3.17.
Added unofficial patch for BtS 3.17 by Solver.
Thanks to Solver. :)

How do I get this to work with another mod like Varietas Delectat. Which files are just for the maps? Is it simple like putting a couple files into the other mod or would it involve changing something else.

Simply put, you need all of Assets/XML and all of PrivateMaps. Chances are the files do not exist in VD, if they do not, simply copy them into VD. If they do, you would need to merge them however.

Is there anyway to merge this with new versions of unofficial patch/better ai?

EDIT: Ok so i just replaced the dll with the better ai and that seemed to work.

Also, though, playing on XXL size it seemed like there were far too few resources. Does is have the same aount of resources as the huge map size i.e. does scaling for this need to be changed for the new sizes? How can this be done? What about other things such as number of goody huts, max barbarian limit etc?

Any plans to update to 3.19?

Also are you going to use the perfectworld2 map script in this also or do you have some other script in there already?

Thanks. I only use gigantic for my games.

Ok, I got this Mod to work with the 3.19 patch.

What I did to do this was this, I removed the text and units folder and removed the CvGameCoreDLL.dll file from the xxl mod folder

I am pretty sure if you just remove the CvGameCoreDLL.dll file it will work but the text folder holds Solverspatch for 3.17 so I took that out also. The Units folder I believe is just custom unit upgrades, not sure though.

Only drawback is that it you can only play with 18 civs again because the CvGameCoreDLL.dll holds the 50 civs change and I don't know how to fix that. Once Nevermind updates his mod that will be back in the game anyway.

I also was able to use the Perfectworld2 map script with this mod by placing the map script in the privatemaps folder.

Version 1.5

- Updated for patch 3.19
- Added new map size: Ultra (60x40)

Top Bottom