Civilization Revolution Patch 1.30 Change List

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
2K Elizabeth posted on the 2K forums yesterday that the v1.30 patch for Civilization Revolution is currently being QAed by both Sony and Microsoft, and that a release date will be announced soon. She also posted the change list for the upcoming patch.

Lots of the bug fixes and changes are multiplayer related, although there are also other changes such as game of the week improvements and less aggressive AI.

As many of you know, we have been working on a comprehensive patch for Civilization Revolution on both the 360 and PS3. The patch is currently being QAed by both Sony and Microsoft, and we’ll be announcing a release date soon. To get you ready for that release, I have the current Change List for 1.30.

Please note: This list could change, as the patch is not through final approvals with Sony and Microsoft. If that happens, I will update this list and note any changes.

Civilization Revolution 1.30 Change List

New Game of the Week Leaderboards Added
New leaderboards have been added to the Game of the Week competitions. The new leaderboards sort players according to the type of victory they attain. The original leaderboards combine all of the different victory types together and will still be available under the "Combined" tab.

By pressing RIGHT or LEFT TRIGGER, you can scroll through the information about each players' victory - their leader, victory type and the year they won. By pressing X, only your friends will be displayed on the leaderboard. By pressing Y, you will display your own best victory on the current Game of the Week for the board you have chosen.

Game of the Week Improvements
A number of improvements have been made to increase replayability of the Game of the Week. On the Chieftain level the Game of the Week remains the same, but at the Warlord level and beyond the AI civilizations receive new bonuses based on the difficulty level.

Using the "Find Me" Option Before the User is Ranked
Previously, if a player selected the "Find Me" option on one of the leaderboards before their game had posted, it would simply take them to the end of the list and show them another user. Now, when the player does this, a warning appears.

Leaderboards "Find Me" Functionality Improved
The "Find Me" functionality on the leaderboards has been improved to allow for a quicker response time and to fix a non-functionality error.

Incorrect Civilization Icon Appearing When a Player Loses a Game of the Week Match
Previously, players who lost a Game of the Week would occasionally see an entry posted for their name, but with an incorrect civilization icon. It would occur when the player would reach the year 2100 in the game, but with an AI player in the lead when the game ended. This has been corrected.

Fixed Game of the Week Matches Failing to Post to Leaderboard (PS3)
If someone played more than one ranked/Game of the Week game during a session, the subsequent games would not always post their results to the leaderboards. This has been corrected.

Fixed Old Scores Appearing After Player Completes a New Week's Game of the Week (PS3)
Previously, if a player completed a Game of the Week match one week with a high score and then the following week completed the new Game of the Week match with a lower score, their older, higher score would not be overwritten in the leaderboards. The result was that the entries in GotW leaderboards appeared out of order. They should be sorted by the year the game was completed in increasing order, which has been corrected in this patch.

Multiplayer Pausing Exploit
Previously in multiplayer, when one player paused the game the other players' games paused as well. This meant a player could continually pause and un-pause the game, making the game unplayable for the other players involved. To prevent this situation, players now can only pause the game once per turn in multiplayer.

Rushing World Bank/United Nations Exploit
We have corrected an exploit that allowed players to rush the World Bank/United Nations.

Absent Multiplayer Exploit Fix
Previously in multiplayer games, players had been able to walk away from their game, but leave the game running, forcing the other players to have to wait until the turn timer ran out every single turn, slowing the pace of play significantly.

If the player has not been taking their turn, and the player is the last to have not completed their turn, after roughly five seconds, the speed of that player's turn timer will increase.

This means that if the player has stepped away from the game, they will not slow down the pace of play. If the absent player begins to perform actions again, the player's turns will return to normal.

This only begins to happen once the game has progressed 40 turns (reached Year 0).

Democratic Players Ignoring Offers to Cease Hostilities
Previously in Multiplayer games, if two players were at war, and the player not using the Democracy government attempted to contact another player who was using the Democracy government, which normally would force the Democratic player to declare peace with the other player, the Democratic player could simply ignore the non-Democratic player, making it impossible for the other player to force them from war.

Now, when a non-Democratic player attempts to diplomatically contact a player using the Democracy government, the Democratic player cannot ignore them until they leave the Democracy government.

Democratic Players Being Able to Declare War
Previously, when a player with the Democracy government actively began Diplomacy in a multiplayer game, the option to declare war still appeared on the list of diplomatic options. That option has now been removed.

AI Players Randomly Give Techs
Previously, when players demanded a technology from an AI player, if they rapidly pressed the "Accept" button in certain situations, the AI might have randomly given them the tech they previously refused to give. This has been corrected.

Selling the Same Tech to AI Players Multiple Times
Previously, there was a rare situation where it was possible for players to sell a technology to the same AI civilization multiple times. This has been corrected.

Repeating "Production Complete" Sound Cue Bug
Occasionally, when a player completed construction in a city, the "Production Complete" sound cue would play multiple times. This has been fixed.

Wonder Music Bug
Occasionally, when a player built a wonder, the music would be exceedingly loud because the music was being played multiple times overtop of itself. This patch includes a fix for that bug.

Space Victory Sound Not Playing
Occasionally, when a player completed a game via a Space Race victory, the music would not play. This has been corrected and the music now plays.

Modern Era City Focus Recalibration
Once the player reaches the Modern Era, if they change their city's city focus to Gold or Science, their city will no longer produce Hammers. Instead, they will produce extra Gold or Science respectively.

Great General Bug
Normally, Great Generals would attach to units and not be able to move independently of their unit. A bug, however, allowed some Great Generals to separate from their unit. This bug has been fixed.

Main Menu Input Crash (360)
Previously, if players left their controller in a state where a button was continually being pushed for a long period of time on the main menu, then the game would crash. This has been fixed.

Improved Multiplayer Quick/Ranked Match Functionality (PS3)
We have fixed a number of bugs that had reduced the ability for players with different network connections to join the game. Improved NAT negotiation handling and the addition of a temporary failed connection blacklist will allow players to connect to Ranked or Quick match games more reliably.

Inviting Players into Multiplayer Games from Title Screen or Dashboard (360)
Previously, if the player was invited into a game from the title screen or dashboard, they would be unable to select a storage device before entering the game. This has been fixed.

Inviting Other Players Within the Game
Previously, if one player invited a second player into a game, and that player was already in the middle of the game, the invited player would be bumped out to the main menu, rather than directly into the game. This has been fixed.

Preventing Non-Host Players from Inviting into Multiplayer Games
Previously, players other than the host of a game could invite players into a multiplayer game. This has been removed.

Hang When Host and Additional Players Leave a Multiplayer Match
Previously, when playing a three or four player multiplayer game, if both the host and another player left at the same time, a hang could sometimes occur. This has been fixed.

Combat Progresses Faster in Multiplayer
When the player enters combat in Multiplayer, the resulting battle has been sped up to facilitate speedy gameplay.

High Capacity Multiplayer Lobby Fixes (360)
Previously, when more than ten games were present in the multiplayer lobby, the game names present on the first page of the lobby would be repeated on the second page and be unselectable. This has been corrected.

AI Improvements
Improvements have been made to the AI. AI players are now less likely to war on the player and more likely to war on one another.

Version Number Display
The current version number of the game is now displayed on the main menu.

Custom Worker Management Cursor Color Corrected (PS3)
Previously, the custom worker management cursor appeared to be black because of a missing HDR profile. This has been corrected.

Misc Optimization and Stability Fixes
Thanks to civilized.de for the news tip.

Sounds good! Looks like I'll have to dust off my Civ Rev when the patch comes out!

The Multiplayer fixes make me jump for joy, especially the turn timer one. It really bugs me that they're fiddling with the AI's aggression towards humans though. Why would you change that? I've never found any difficulty with the AI attacking me, even on Emperor and Deity, so what are they changing that? I like how they're making the AI more likely to attack one another though, it'll help.

Sounds really nice, quite muck improved (like the AI) för a patch, very nice.
Hopefully it'll get me to give the game another try, since it's been forgotten about since a time back.

I like the MP improvements...

Not much changes for SP though. I do hope that the last point "Misc Optimization and Stability Fixes" include that the game doesn't freeze in SP when launching a nuke, which happens quite often. That one point could include many things and I do hope it does.

Regarding the AI, I like it. It is quite frustrating the the AI is not balanced enough to use different tactics than war mongering. I mean it is too easy to win a tech victory (even on Deity) today because the AI is making war all the time and thus spends all its resources on creating lousy units attacking (only causing my units to be upgraded) me instead of putting the resources to science. I hope this fix of making the AI "less aggressive" also makes it smarter and more focused on doing what a human would do.

High hopes on this patch! I really hope they deliver this time.

I wish they could patch the DS version so that the enemy didn't keep attacking constantly on the harder levels it's annoying and unrealistic.

The 1.3 patch is up for PS3!

I don't mind the AI attacking, but I hate it when I'm dominating them, destroying all their attacking units, but they won't back down they still demand you send them great people.
They usually start as your biggest rival but finish about 4th or 5th because they commited too much to war. I think the AI should offer peace if war is costing them too much.

I don't mind the AI attacking, but I hate it when I'm dominating them, destroying all their attacking units, but they won't back down they still demand you send them great people.
They usually start as your biggest rival but finish about 4th or 5th because they commited too much to war. I think the AI should offer peace if war is costing them too much.

If you have a much larger attacking stength then they do, they will back down. Also, if you have a substantial tech lead on them, they will often back down. You may have to offer them peace, because sometimes they don't do it on their own.

I just wish they would attack more intelligently. You know, bring more than a single legion army. I hate it when they have 5 legion armies stacked 2 squares away from my cities, and then they send 1 legion army a square forward, the next turn they attack, lose, and then send another army a square forward to attack the next turn. Why won't they just attack all in on turn!?? About the only time I get attacked by multiple armies is when I'm getting attacked by two different civs.

Game of the Week Deity is a little tougher, and it's about the only AI that can put up a fight.

wow i cant wait fort this patch i found on the demo it was clunky so hopefully the game is twice as good :)

The patch should be out already... I just bought the game on Sunday, and went home to play it right away. It automatically told me that I needed to upgrade to v1.30 ... so, you should also have that option (unless you don't have internet access on your PS3)??

This is my first DS game, so this may be a spectacularly stupid question, but is there any way to patch the DS version? Thanks in advance of course!

Dave

Top Bottom