Collaborative Civs by Xanatos Industries

David, I'll need a few things from you:

- The Civilopedia for the Mystery Shack and the Con Artist.

- 2 generic introductions and defeats for Grunkle Stan.

- A Dawn of Man text (the one that appears when the game's loading)

- The Soundtrack

- A city list

Should be easy enough, right? I've got it working right now, that's what's missing before we can release this thing.

Dummy policy which is adapted from ryanjames' Andorra and Olmecs for the UA.

UB was very easy to make.

UU was the hardest, but the code is adapted from JFD's Meiji.

Wasn't really that hard.

Peace/Diplomacy Theme

War Theme

Additional Info for Gravity Falls Civ:

Spy Names: Soos, Wendy, Dipper, Mabel

City Names: Gravity Falls, Glass Shard Beach, Trembley's Cove, Stanopolis

Con Artist Names: Douglas Herrick, P.T. Barnum, Joseph B. Swan, Willie Hammerstein, Charles Ponzi

I'll get to work on the rest of that. Won't you need a civlopedia for the Civ itself as well?

Yeah, that as well. Going to need 9 names for the Spies.

Time for more Civlopedia entries!

Gravity Falls

History
Founded in 1842, Gravity Falls is a small, sleepy town located in eastern Oregon. It was discovered by America's 8½th President, Quentin Trembley, when he literally 'fell' into it whilst riding his horse backwards. Recently ejected from office due to his eccentricity, Trembley decided to start a community in the area. This lead to the Town’s rather bizarre charter, citing Finders-Keepers as binding law, and legalizing the marriage of Woodpeckers, among other strange proclamations. Despite this, however, the small community flourished under Trembley’s rule right up until he had himself encased in peanut brittle, which he claimed had ‘life-sustaining properties.’

In the wake of their leader’s stasis, the town was approached by the Government, who reclaimed Trembley’s frozen body and hid it, and all other evidence of Trembley’s time in office, in a cavern deep beneath the town. Swearing the townsfolk to secrecy, a local nobody by the name of Nathaniel Northwest was selected to be the town’s new figurehead, all materials citing the town’s history claiming him to be the founder of Gravity Falls. Northwest, however, was far from the village idiot he had painted himself as.

Ill-Gotten Gains
Indeed, Nathaniel Northwest, and every Northwest before him, had made their living off ill-gotten gains. Having posed as the most un-assuming individual possible, Northwest quickly took advantage of his newfound position. Due to the heavily forested area in which Gravity Falls was situated, a large amount of jobs came from businesses utilizing the ample supply of Lumber at the town’s fingertips. This included Lumber Working and Construction. It was to these hardworking folk that Nathaniel Northwest proposed a deal: they would build him a Manor-House, where, every year after its completion, a grand party would be thrown, to which the whole town would be invited, sharing in the fruits of their labor.

The Project was no easy undertaking, and over the years in which they built, many succumbed to the harsh winters they worked through. But once the grand domicile was finally finished, and the party begun, Northwest turned away the common, hard-working folk, letting only the rich and well-to-do into the party. The sheer amount of trees cleared in the construction of the house led to massive landslides, which led to the deaths of many more citizens.

Although the public’s opinion of him plummeted, it wasn’t until after his death that a new Mayor was elected, outside of the Northwest family. Despite this, Nathaniel’s Descendants still hold considerable sway in the town today, continuing to live in that very same house.

Gravity Falls Today
In recent times, Gravity Falls has become a mildly popular stop for tourists visiting Oregon. Central to this fact is The Mystery Shack, an admittedly hokey, obviously fraudulent Tourist Trap that still manages to exude an odd charm. Run by ‘Mr. Mystery’ himself, Stanford Pines, the Shack features many outlandish exhibits of ‘paranormal’ objects and creatures.

Another attraction, up until recently, was child psychic Gideon Gleeful and his ‘Tent of Telepathy.’ However, Gideon was arrested after being exposed as a thief and extortionist by Stanford Pines, whom Gideon stole the deed to The Mystery Shack from briefly. Because of events like these, the town has built up a certain mystique, some even claiming that legitimate paranormal phenomena occur there, but most of these claims have been chalked up to superstition and rumors.

Real World Inspirations
Gravity Falls series creator Alex Hirsch has stated that, conceptually, the town is based off Boring, Oregon, a place that, although he’s never been to himself, he had always wondered what would be like. In actuality, the town bears more in common with another location in Oregon: Golden Hills, which is home to it’s own Tourist Trap, The Oregon Vortex.

The Mystery Shack

*Various In-game info and statistics goes here*

Info

The Mystery Shack is a Tourist Trap located in the small town of Gravity Falls, Oregon. Run by 'Mr. Mystery', Stanford Pines, it's home to many cheaply constructed attractions showcasing outlandish creatures and objects. Among these are Rock that looks like a face Rock, the World's Most Distracting object, The Corny-Corn, and The Sascrotch. It also once had a wax museum, but this was shelved after low interest from tourists.

Real Life Inspirations

The Mystery Shack takes inspiration from many real-life Tourist Traps, chief among them being The Oregon Vortex, which uses optical illusions that take advantage of it being situated on what's known as a Gravity Hill, which can cause it to look as though water is flowing up the hill when viewed at the right angle.

- 2 generic introductions and defeats for Grunkle Stan.

Going to start working on Leader Interaction Dialog for Stan.

Greeting (Generic): Hey there! Name's Stan Pines. May I be the first to welcome you to Gravity Falls! Home of the Mystery Shack!! Could I interest you in a T-Shirt? How 'bout a bumper sticker?

So do you need 2 more generic greetings, or just one?

Just one.

Dawn of Man Text:

Greetings and Salutations to you, Stan Pines, greatest of Grunkles. Despite a troubled past, you managed to make a home for yourself in Gravity Falls, delighting simple-minded tourists with your 'Mystery Shack.' You became a man of mystery, in more ways than one. But despite your cunning, at times ruthless, business sense, you have proved your devotion to your family many times over the course of this summer, caring for your Great Niece and Nephew as though they were your own.

Likewise, you have shown a certain level of attachment to your staff as well; your handyman, Soos, having worked for you since he was a young boy. Indeed, beneath your hardened exterior is a heart that, if not quite in the right place, is close to it.

Oh, Stalwart Grunkle, you now find yourself and those you care about in a strange, new land, one where you can start afresh. Will you repeat the mistakes of your past? Or will you lead a nation towards a new age of cultural enlightenment? Can you build a civilization that will stand the test of time?

Oh, by the way, if it's not too late, I think I found a better 'map' image for the game setup screen:

Spoiler :

Oh, by the way, if it's not too late, I think I found a better 'map' image for the game setup screen:

Spoiler :

Only issue with that one is that it would have to be cropped in order to fit (either that, or stretched, but I figured cropping is better). The dimensions required for the map are 360p x 412p. If you're ok with cropping, there's what I have below, otherwise it would need to be something with the same width to height ratio.

Spoiler :

Greeting (Generic 2): And over here we have one of our newest exhibits, th- Oh, excuse me for a moment, folks! It looks like we have an unexpected guest! Please, make your way back to the gift shop, and I’ll rejoin you shortly. Feel free to peruse our fine merchandise while you’re there! …name’s Stan Pines, whaddaya want? New in town, huh? Well, welcome to Gravity Falls! I run the show around here; if you need somethin’, just ask.

Defeat 1: You think this is over?! Oh no; you ain’t heard the last of Stan Pines! Mark my words!

Defeat 2: Hmph, fine. You win; have fun dealing with all the weird stuff you’re gonna have to deal with taking control of our land.

Con Artist

*Insert technical info about differences between Con Artist and Archaeologist here*

Historical Info

A 'Con Artist' is traditionally defined as someone who uses dishonest means to make money, often taking advantage of people in the process. Although sometimes it can fall under less malicious circumstances, such as people who run Tourist Traps or perpetrate hoaxes to generate publicity, such as claiming to have made paranormal discoveries, creating fake evidence to support their claims. Sometimes, history looks almost fondly upon this type of Con Artist. This unit is the latter type.

One notable example is Douglas Herrick, creator of the mythical 'Jackalope', created by grafting antlers to the corpse of a Jackrabbit caught by he and his brother while hunting. The two then sold their creation to a local hotel in their hometown of Douglas, Wyoming. Although it was apparent to many that it was a fabrication, it's popularity grew, in spite of, or perhaps because of, this. Gradually becoming something of an inside joke in the town, the state, and eventually, the whole of the U.S.

An official 'Jackalope Season' was established by the Wyoming Fish & Game Administration, and their have been multiple attempts, some still in progress, to make the Jackalope the state's 'Official Mythological Creature.' Though none of them have made it to the Senate, they have passed the House nearly every time.

Top Bottom