[BNW] Finland

daylightend

Chieftain
I present my first mod, a new civilization. Finland.

Special thanks to Kael for making an awesome beginners guide to modding. Nutty, LeeS and whoward69 for replying to my questions and providing code snippets on the forum.

Adds Finland as a playable civilization. With Mannerheim as their leader.

Trait : Winter War
All units have +30% Combat Strength bonus when fighting on Tundra or Snow. +25% Production towards Military Unit construction when at war.

Unique Building : Hunting Tent
+1 Food on Tundra. Each source Deer worked by this city produce +1 Food, Production and Gold.

Unique Improvement : Suomenlinna
Can only be built on the coast. +50% Defensive Strength for all units and +50% Ranged Combat Strength vs Naval Units and +1 Range for Ranged Units stationed in this Tile.

This mod is YnAEMP compatible

This mod is in beta stage. There are still bugs (1 that I know of so far) and there will probably be balancing changes after I get some feedback.

Known bugs :
all units sometimes have weird actions/promotions (settlers with air sweep, for example). Just go to main menu and make a new game. Working on a fix.

Download link : http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=23336

steam workshop link : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=328053452

That's why I always try to throw a unique bit of text into the civilization tag -- JFD is perhaps the most iconic for this, as he can just use "JFD_CIVILIZATION_X". But if you two had "HYP_FINLAND" and "DLE_FINLAND" there wouldn't be any conflicts.

Just tested this, unfortunately no. Because both our civs have the same name, "Finland".
One will just overwrite the other when both mods are active.

Actually my Finland goes by the name CIVILIZATION_FINNS, but I think it's the LEADER_MANNERHEIM that may conflict. As I meant my other (third :lol:) Finland, Urho Kekkonen's Finland to be CIVILIZATION_FINLAND, I will probably change it to HYP_FINLAND as bouncymischa suggested.

By the way, welcome to modding daylightend! :)

That's why I always try to throw a unique bit of text into the civilization tag -- JFD is perhaps the most iconic for this, as he can just use "JFD_CIVILIZATION_X". But if you two had "HYP_FINLAND" and "DLE_FINLAND" there wouldn't be any conflicts.

Ah, I was under the impression that if you wanted your civ to have the name "Finland" ingame. Thats how you have to name your civ in code.

Actually my Finland goes by the name CIVILIZATION_FINNS, but I think it's the LEADER_MANNERHEIM that may conflict. As I meant my other (third :lol:) Finland, Urho Kekkonen's Finland to be CIVILIZATION_FINLAND, I will probably change it to HYP_FINLAND as bouncymischa suggested.

My and my leader is named LEADER_MANNERHEIM too, maby its possible to name him something unique too ? I'll try this out when I get the chance.

By the way, welcome to modding daylightend! :)
Thx !

Ah, I was under the impression that if you wanted your civ to have the name "Finland" ingame. Thats how you have to name your civ in code.

No, the name your civ has in-game is defined by the text string assigned to it in the Description and ShortDescription tags. The Type, on the other hand, can be defined more flexibly. (I think it may have to start with CIVILIZATION_, but anything after that is fair game.)

My and my leader is named LEADER_MANNERHEIM too, maby its possible to name him something unique too ? I'll try this out when I get the chance.

In fact, I've tried to get into the habit of defining anything with a unique header or tag, just in case someone else designs something similar. There's 3 different civs with a Brewery UB, I believe, and another mod that adds one in as a building any civ can build, so for my Oni civilization I called my "BUILDING_ONI_BREWERY", so that I don't run the risk of conflicting with someone else's Brewery.

No, the name your civ has in-game is defined by the text string assigned to it in the Description and ShortDescription tags. The Type, on the other hand, can be defined more flexibly. (I think it may have to start with CIVILIZATION_, but anything after that is fair game.)

Great, thx. Good to learn all of this on my 1st mod :D
I'll update my mod to have unique names for everything I add.

Top Bottom