Teach me and you. Give me a gem.

102. Use scouts or explorers as your SOD healers. They will rarely defend unless your stack is totally routed.

102a. A caravel makes a nice hospital ship for your privateer fleet.

103. Don't forget to switch to organized religion after you found Judaism. Don't do it 10 turns down the road after you remember that you forgot to do it.

104. If you are playing Ragnar / Vikings don't forget to grab the circumnavigation bonus. Why settle for just a free Nav 1 bonus when you can have a free Nav 2 bonus.

105) Immortals (the Persian UU) are like the Quecha, except they get 2 movement points and are twice as strong, making an early rush with these guys a lot faster and easier than with the Quechas (though they do require horses where as Quechas are resourceless).

103. Don't forget to switch to organized religion after you found Judaism. Don't do it 10 turns down the road after you remember that you forgot to do it.

There are so many tips like this. Just recently, I decided to start on a Barracks for three turns until my city grew and I could start on a settler with extra production. Then my scout got attacked, I got distracted...and I was 10 turns in before I realized I didn't switch to a settler. Massive loss of time right there.

105) Immortals (the Persian UU) are like the Quecha, except they get 2 movement points and are twice as strong, making an early rush with these guys a lot faster and easier than with the Quechas (though they do require horses where as Quechas are resourceless).

Quechas are faster, though, because they can start being created on turn 0.

106. Brain training - learn to regard demands for stuff (tech, resources) as an opportunity for favour (or just peace) and try to avoid the selfish reflex of just saying no, unless you are certain you don't give a damn about the asker.

106. Brain training - learn to regard demands for stuff (tech, resources) as an opportunity for favour (or just peace) and try to avoid the selfish reflex of just saying no, unless you are certain you don't give a damn about the asker.

Or if it's Gandhi. He'll still love you. :lol:

True, Gandhi doesn't give negatives for refusing his demands and he doesn't give a negative for making arrogant demands either, the doofus. He wasn't like that in real life, he was a bit of a sarky git.

True, Gandhi doesn't give negatives for refusing his demands and he doesn't give a negative for making arrogant demands either, the doofus. He wasn't like that in real life, he was a bit of a sarky git.

Yeah, I don't know why they programmed him like that. But whatever, I don't mind. Its fun to occasionally visit him and demand everything to see what you can get. :lol:

'Bout time someone decided to speak truth to power and expose this sainted chump for the clown he really was. :)

Well I like him for his sarcastic nature, and being a pacifist myself ;)

EDIT: This is why I like to go out with violent psycho girls who can kill.

108. When going for a religious victory, if you have a civ to whom you need to get your religion into, and they are in theocracy and/or with whom you cannot get open borders, build or capture a city near their borders, get your religion into that city, then gift it to that civ.

108. When going for a religious victory, if you have a civ to whom you need to get your religion into, and they are in theocracy and/or with whom you cannot get open borders, build or capture a city near their borders, get your religion into that city, then gift it to that civ.

If a civ has open borders with you and is a theocracy, you can "give" them the missionary. Just send it into their borders, and gift it to them. they will spread the religion for you. The computer wants to be an ap memeber.

If a civ has open borders with you and is a theocracy, you can "give" them the missionary. Just send it into their borders, and gift it to them. they will spread the religion for you. The computer wants to be an ap memeber.

If they're in a theocracy, they can't use the missionary either

Wrong. Theocracy does not prevent you of spreading a non-state religion in your land ...... the real definition of theocracy in that regard it that it forbids unwanted non-state religion spread.

Wrong. Theocracy does not prevent you of spreading a non-state religion in your land ...... the real definition of theocracy in that regard it that it forbids unwanted non-state religion spread.

And assumes that you yourself are not in NSR (even though player-controlled civs in theo should probably be blocking religion spread...strict atheism or agnosticism...or the laws of the universe as divine guidance, if you will, or just pagan non-major religion).

That, or they should change the description such that the interface does not (once again) lie to the player. If you're in theocracy and you're not in a state religion, getting hinduism spread to you from a foreign source definitely represents "non-state religion spread", despite the civic's representation that it prevents exactly that. I know this was patched to favor AIs getting into it before having religion, but that means fireaxis deliberately left this flaw in the game, and that sits pretty poorly with me. Active cheating (separate from agreed handicaps at the start)/interface lies are simply unacceptable elements in a game, and they tarnish this game from "great" down to "very good" even in 3.17.

Top Bottom