Is it possible to find and use the G&K fall patch AI flavoring in BNW?

nmp0098

Chieftain
I would like to know if it is possible to dig up and use the AI flavoring that made it so war crazy in G&K for a BNW game. The G&K Fall Patch AI had a killer instinct that is lacking in BNW, independent of all of the other game shortcomings. As I understand it, modifying the base xml files is tricky if you don't know what you are doing, but having a set of file for an A/B comparison would guide those changes. I have software to compare files and make changes, so it wouldn't be too hard if I had access to the G&K files.

If I made changes to the AI flavoring (I'm thinking files like CIV5AICityStrategies.xml) will they embed themselves in the turn 0 save file? That is, can I cook up a tough AI and share the map with others? At worst I think I could flavor all of the opponents to behave just like Shaka.

Where can I find older AI flavoring files?

Any comments on the general viability of my idea are welcome.

Increase some of their flavors/personality settings to your liking. Here's an example:
Code:
UPDATE Leader_Flavors SET Flavor = Flavor * 1.5 WHERE FlavorType = 'FLAVOR_EXPANSION';
UPDATE Leader_Flavors SET Flavor = Flavor * 1.5 WHERE FlavorType = 'FLAVOR_OFFENSE';
UPDATE Leader_Flavors SET Flavor = Flavor * 1.5 WHERE FlavorType = 'FLAVOR_SCIENCE';

UPDATE Leaders SET MinorCivCompetitiveness = MinorCivCompetitiveness + 3;
UPDATE Leaders SET Boldness = Boldness + 3;
UPDATE Leaders SET WarmongerHate = WarmongerHate + 3;
UPDATE Leaders SET DenounceWillingness = DenounceWillingness +3;

Most important is "FLAVOR_EXPANSION" (affects how much the AI will want to expand) and "FLAVOR_OFFENSE" (how much it will be willing to build offensive units/go to war).

Top Bottom