(CONFIRMED) Units attack unseen enemies when moving

PieceOfMind

Drill IV Defender
Retired Moderator
I'm pretty sure this was a problem before BtS but since it's still here I'm going to post about it.

Bug description:
Moving a unit onto a tile which can't be seen, will cause the unit to attack any enemy on the tile if there is one. For example, moving a boat around coastline 2 tiles at a time will cause it to attack an enemy boat if it stumbles across one.

To repoduce:
See the save attached. Move the battleship 2 squares south. It attacks the enemy destroyer automatically.

What do I expect:
That the unit should come to a halt before moving onto the enemy square, since the original command was given without the knowledge that an enemy was there. Obviously if you didn't want to attack the unit the game shouldn't decide for you. This point could be debated for MP games but in single player games this bug is inexcusable. It is my opinion that this is a bug for both SP and MP.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/80491/UNIT_MOVE_BUG.CivBeyondSwordSave

I'm pretty sure this was a problem before BtS but since it's still here I'm going to post about it.

Bug description:
Moving a unit onto a tile which can't be seen, will cause the unit to attack any enemy on the tile if there is one. For example, moving a boat around coastline 2 tiles at a time will cause it to attack an enemy boat if it stumbles across one.

To repoduce:
See the save attached. Move the battleship 2 squares south. It attacks the enemy destroyer automatically.

What do I expect:
That the unit should come to a halt before moving onto the enemy square, since the original command was given without the knowledge that an enemy was there. Obviously if you didn't want to attack the unit the game shouldn't decide for you. This point could be debated for MP games but in single player games this bug is inexcusable. It is my opinion that this is a bug for both SP and MP.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/80491/UNIT_MOVE_BUG.CivBeyondSwordSave

Agree. I have experienced this particular piece of idiocy many times too.

Was there since Vanilla, not BtS-specific.

Was there since Vanilla, not BtS-specific.

Indeed. I did already mention this was not BtS specific so I'm not sure why you feel the need to repeat it.

Lexad, what is the point of your post? Are you trying to suggest that because this bug is not specific to BtS it is not important or not meant for this forum? Bugs are bugs and they should be fixed regardless of whether they are game-breaking or just a nuisance.

No, you don't see me arguing about fixing it, do you? :) I would like to see it fixed as well, together with workers running along the road, meeting enemy and turning to jungle next to him instead of stopping and waiting for new orders.

No, you don't see me arguing about fixing it, do you? :) I would like to see it fixed as well, together with workers running along the road, meeting enemy and turning to jungle next to him instead of stopping and waiting for new orders.

lol I have noticed this one as well, though it was when using the Final Frontier mod, so I guess the code for the constructor ships is more or less the same as for workers.

Top Bottom