Troubleshooting and F.A.Q.

I believe the code takes in a boolean which I set to true

Climate change. In HR, it can cause land near sources of excessive unhealthiness to deteriorate, e.g. grasslands -> plains -> desert. Coastal desert has a chance to become submerged.

So *that's* how the Inca got into this little predicament in my last game. I'd been wondering about that...

Attachments

• A Bit Isolated....jpg
    A Bit Isolated....jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 120
My game keeps crashing to desktop within a few turns of this save. It might just be my poor old laptop needing a restart but I haven't had a game crash this consistently in a while.

Attachments

• Elizabeth AD-0730.CivBeyondSwordSave
    478.4 KB · Views: 43
  • crash report.txt
    40.5 KB · Views: 38
My game keeps crashing to desktop within a few turns of this save. It might just be my poor old laptop needing a restart but I haven't had a game crash this consistently in a while.

Been a busy week, haven't had a chance to try your saved game yet, sorry. The crash report indicates it's something to do with a unit spawning, most probably because of a civil war or the Colosseum. Hope to have some time this weekend.

I had just built the Colosseum so that could be the culprit.

ETA: Another crash, on ending the turn after this save IIRC. I had a unit being built in the Colosseum city but I don't think it was set to finish that turn so I'm not sure if it was that. (Hopefully these are useful. Also: Does the C. only train units that neighbor civs are advanced enough to have? I'm right next to Japan but I'm still training Heavy Footmen instead of Samurai.)

Attachments

• crash report viet.txt
    38 KB · Views: 40
  • viet.CivBeyondSwordSave
    564 KB · Views: 48
A while ago I sneakily appropriated your civics screen (which I really like for its elegant use of space) for my mod.

I noticed that when selecting new civics to switch to, the "Revolution" button was not displayed if your anarchy turns were 0 for some reason (Cristo Redentor, for instance). A quick look at the code revealed that the button only was shown if the string listing the anarchy turns was created, which only happens if there are more than 0 anarchy turns.

Not sure if this applies to HR or is a consequence of my adaptation, but might be worth looking into.

A while ago I sneakily appropriated your civics screen (which I really like for its elegant use of space) for my mod.

I noticed that when selecting new civics to switch to, the "Revolution" button was not displayed if your anarchy turns were 0 for some reason (Cristo Redentor, for instance). A quick look at the code revealed that the button only was shown if the string listing the anarchy turns was created, which only happens if there are more than 0 anarchy turns.

Not sure if this applies to HR or is a consequence of my adaptation, but might be worth looking into.

I think that bug existed when I first released 1.22 but was subsequently patched. You may have merged the early version. Pleased to hear you're making use of the screen, I'm quite proud of how well it turned out. BTS one is awful.

I had just built the Colosseum so that could be the culprit.

ETA: Another crash, on ending the turn after this save IIRC. I had a unit being built in the Colosseum city but I don't think it was set to finish that turn so I'm not sure if it was that. (Hopefully these are useful.

Are you using a DLL allowing more than 18 civs in these games? Problem seems to have something to do with trying to exceed the maximum number of civilizations.

Also: Does the C. only train units that neighbor civs are advanced enough to have? I'm right next to Japan but I'm still training Heavy Footmen instead of Samurai.)

Yes, the rival civilization has to able to build the unit itself before the Colosseum will work.

Are you using a DLL allowing more than 18 civs in these games? Problem seems to have something to do with trying to exceed the maximum number of civilizations.

Nope (I'm on a MacBook).

I think that bug existed when I first released 1.22 but was subsequently patched. You may have merged the early version. Pleased to hear you're making use of the screen, I'm quite proud of how well it turned out. BTS one is awful.
Your civics screen is really great, I've always been bothered by how the original screen arranges text in narrow lines, especially considering that I've added some new effects that take up a little more text.

And it's a while since I last updated HR (never really manage to keep up with intermediate versions), so good to know it's already fixed. I kind of figured that you'd run into this issue sooner or later, but making sure always is better :)

To continue the tradition of pillaging in CFC, I took a look at your MainInterface.py to copy the dropdown filters for the Buildings list in the City screen.

I don't know if it's yours or somebody else but thank you anyway! :)

To continue the tradition of pillaging in CFC, I took a look at your MainInterface.py to copy the dropdown filters for the Buildings list in the City screen.

I don't know if it's yours or somebody else but thank you anyway! :)

It's mine. Pillaging makes everyone's mods better :)

Another civ's unit built in a city with both the Colosseum and a great temple didn't receive the free promotion.

Another civ's unit built in a city with both the Colosseum and a great temple didn't receive the free promotion.

Will fix, cheers.

I just popped out a Rifleman with 16 exp in a city that doesn't even have a barracks. I captured the city from the Zulu with the great wall built there but otherwise there should be nothing in the city granting the unit exp. I don't have any from civics either.

Hi Xyth,
I've got an endless "waiting for other civilizations..." crash. It's always on the same turn, so here you'll see an attached file with my saved game.
Thank you!

Attachments

• RASAB crash AD-1516.CivBeyondSwordSave
    613.5 KB · Views: 38
Top Bottom