Our World: Civilizations of the Modern Age Design Discussion

Why do they even use those stupid us-es, anyway? I had never heard it used in a Scandinavian name before civ.

It is what we call him in the ROTW, to be fair. It isn't a civ thing. Its just because that's his Latin name and rulers tended to be given Latin titles, for various reasons.

Oh i know, maybe The Hundred Flowers Campaign can be a decision

I think this is actually a really good idea for an Event! We already have two Decsisions which I am hesitant to replace (Furnaces and Red Book) but this would be a good event. The choices could be to encourage or crack down on free expression. Thank you!

Your wellcome:woohoo:
By the way you can have more then one decision.
And if i may, i'd come with a few ideals for the South Korean icon & people can even vote on it if they want, starting with 1st

2st

3rd

Sorry about that, had an error
4th

or 5th

6th

.P.S. If SuperWaffle247 fine with the icon the way it is then forget i posted anything.

woh.

In all seriousness I actually love the third one for an icon since it would remove any similarity between SK and vanilla Koreas icons.

True, but then it is very similar to the Japanese icon (not mine, the base game's Japan).

I don't know, I've come to like the current selection. While it does have that similarity to regular Korea, it's got a unique color set, and the outer marking are very evocative of South Korea - it's very unique among flags.

And yeah kerrigan we have two decisions right now, and I don't want more than that because two is the standard for modded civilizations.

Ah this is true, I didn't think of the closeness to Japan. You're right then, the current one is great, though lightening the colour scheme some to juxtapose it to 'dark and evil North Korea' probably wouldn't go amiss, as noted. Either way I'm sure it'll be great eh

One of my favorite civ modding principles that JFD established is that alternate leader icons should look at LEAST a little bit similar, color-wise. I've kinda widened this - South Korea isn't exactly an alternate Korea (much like how NK isn't), but it's close enough to warrant some visual lineage. DX and Mao should probably have more similar colors, but I like them the way they are now <3 And moreover, Japan follows the JFD alternate leader principle, as do REDACTED and to a lesser extent REDACTED.

That information is classified.

Can anyone find a decent basis for a Kosovo icon that isn't a map of Kosovo nor the Albanian Raven?

I don't think there is to be honest. I tried to find historical flags of Kosovo but all the results are the map or some variant of the Albanian Eagle.

I'm not sure what you mean by SCP.

Top Bottom